or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 582  

post #8716 of 70737
DSC03744.JPG 2341k .JPG file


I received my Neumora's yesterday and after one days wear they have developed creases into the toe cap. Sizing wise, i'm a 10D in the Strand and origionally ordered the same that were too big so sized down to a 9.5D. The fit feels quite good and overall length and width of the shoe is on par with my other AE's.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Neumonks?
post #8717 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post

DSC03744.JPG 2341k .JPG file

I received my Neumora's yesterday and after one days wear they have developed creases into the toe cap. Sizing wise, i'm a 10D in the Strand and origionally ordered the same that were too big so sized down to a 9.5D. The fit feels quite good and overall length and width of the shoe is on par with my other AE's.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Neumonks?

It is not a manufacturers defect and you won't be able to return them. This is unnatural wear that occurs when the shoe is too long for the wearer. Very nice shoes though. Congratulations and welcome to Styleforum.
post #8718 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post


A very good idea. One of these days soon I intend on posting a photo of my AE fleet.


I'll try to snap a photo in the morning... they are shining like mirrors, let me tell you lol

post #8719 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

It is not a manufacturers defect and you won't be able to return them. This is unnatural wear that occurs when the shoe is too long for the wearer. Very nice shoes though. Congratulations and welcome to Styleforum.

Thanks for the reply. I originally did think length might be an issue but when I 'jamb' my foor as far forward in the shoe as I can, I've only got a 1/4 inch room at the heel...
post #8720 of 70737
That is interesting scruffy. I wouldn't worry about it but I agree it is not attractive. If you feel the toebox with your fingers, you should be able to feel where the plastic insert ends. This will occur before the toe cap stitching. Perhaps AE had not forecasted this when designing the shoe? If they had made the cap stitching lay upon the end of the toebox insert, then the caps would appear as undestructable. You can try giving the caps a high shine to define them on the shoes. This will help asthetically. Make sure you are using shoe trees when the shoes are not in use.
post #8721 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post

DSC03744.JPG 2341k .JPG file
I received my Neumora's yesterday and after one days wear they have developed creases into the toe cap. Sizing wise, i'm a 10D in the Strand and origionally ordered the same that were too big so sized down to a 9.5D. The fit feels quite good and overall length and width of the shoe is on par with my other AE's.
Has anyone else experienced this with their Neumonks?

 

I picked up Neumoras on Monday as well. I am an 8E in Strand and 8.5D in Dalton. I sized down to the 8E and the length was about right, but it is definitely roomy in the width compared to the Strand, Cambridge, etc. Maybe should have looked at an 8D to get that snugger feel.

 

I did not get the toe box creases, but the shoe did crease up almost immediately; even with just the short try on at the store.

Not a big issue, but used to most AE leather feeling a bit more thick and sturdy from calf to calf shoe.

post #8722 of 70737
PAs and strands back from the cobblers from rubber guards being put on...Put the PAs on in the office and the left fits perfect...right instep is a little tight. Hopefully loosen up a bit over the course of the day. Same thing happened with my macallisters.
post #8723 of 70737
Hi all,

On several pairs of shoes I own, I get an ugly billowing near my ankle, as seen below.

Is this simply the result of the shoe being too long for me? Unfortunately I seem to be between sizes - 8.5's in most manufacturers run very tight on me, particularly in the toe box, but are good in length. 9's are usually a touch long but the wider toe box makes them more comfortable. (I just tighten the laces firmly and the shoe won't feel too long for me).

If I press my toes downward in the front shoe it temporarily gets rid of the crease, but then springs right back.

long-shoe.jpg

Anything I can do to fix this? Should I go with 8.5's instead and try to stretch the shoes?
post #8724 of 70737

looks like the 5 last maybe isn't best fit for your foot... it is somewhat common that it happens a little bit, but that is pretty severed.  How tight are your laces tied?  My balmoral eyelit stays are basically touching, they fit perfect, and i don't have that problem at all... maybe go wider that way you can tie them tighter, but i'm not exactly sure if the would be the end all fix it solution for you.

post #8725 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post

DSC03744.JPG 2341k .JPG file
I received my Neumora's yesterday and after one days wear they have developed creases into the toe cap. Sizing wise, i'm a 10D in the Strand and origionally ordered the same that were too big so sized down to a 9.5D. The fit feels quite good and overall length and width of the shoe is on par with my other AE's.
Has anyone else experienced this with their Neumonks?

I have the Neumoras and mine did the same thing. I can't say i'm excited about the crease across the cap toe but i'll live with it. I love the double monk but think perhaps the crease is a design issue. My other AE's all have creased differently. As far as sizing on the double monks, I sized down .5 and mine are perhaps the best fitting shoe I have so I don't think it's a sizing issue.
post #8726 of 70737

Does anyone have a pair of AE Easton's in 9D in saddle brown that they would be willing to part with?  PM me if so.  Thanks!

post #8727 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostyle View Post

Hi all,
On several pairs of shoes I own, I get an ugly billowing near my ankle, as seen below.
Is this simply the result of the shoe being too long for me? Unfortunately I seem to be between sizes - 8.5's in most manufacturers run very tight on me, particularly in the toe box, but are good in length. 9's are usually a touch long but the wider toe box makes them more comfortable. (I just tighten the laces firmly and the shoe won't feel too long for me).
If I press my toes downward in the front shoe it temporarily gets rid of the crease, but then springs right back.
long-shoe.jpg
Anything I can do to fix this? Should I go with 8.5's instead and try to stretch the shoes?

That is called bowing and is a manufacturing defect, not a size issue. I would call that minor bowing, it can be a lot worse. It is common enough that most AE sales associates seemed to be trained to say it is a volume issue and sell you a superfeet insert to take up the extra volume. It may or may not help. I have been trying to get a pair of shell Bradley's since December that do not bow. The first pair both shoes had major bowing and QA admitted that it was a manufacturing defect and the shoes could not be repaired. The second pair only the right shoe had it, but bad enough that I returned them and QA once again said they were defective beyond repair. Maybe the third time will be a charm. I have 2 other shoes that are starting to exhibit bowing over time, and I always use and have used shoe trees. When the shoes are recrafted by AE they will tighten up the topline as much as they can but can only do so much.

post #8728 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

That is called bowing and is a manufacturing defect, not a size issue. I would call that minor bowing, it can be a lot worse. It is common enough that most AE sales associates seemed to be trained to say it is a volume issue and sell you a superfeet insert to take up the extra volume. It may or may not help. I have been trying to get a pair of shell Bradley's since December that do not bow. The first pair both shoes had major bowing and QA admitted that it was a manufacturing defect and the shoes could not be repaired. The second pair only the right shoe had it, but bad enough that I returned them and QA once again said they were defective beyond repair. Maybe the third time will be a charm. I have 2 other shoes that are starting to exhibit bowing over time, and I always use and have used shoe trees. When the shoes are recrafted by AE they will tighten up the topline as much as they can but can only do so much.

Interesting. It barely happens on my right foot at all, which would support your theory. While standing/walking it's not a big deal because my pants cover it, but it's noticable while sitting down. Not sure if it's worth returning them or not, particularly since I've added vibram soles to them.

My pair of J&M shoes does this as well, but I don't remember if my Strands do. Will have to check when I get home.
post #8729 of 70737
Edit:

wrong thread
Edited by OmniscientCause - 8/15/12 at 11:55am
post #8730 of 70737
I find that this happens with most of my Allen Edmonds shoes including the Strand, Cambridge and Leeds, all shell cordovan models. The fit is fine and they are comfortable, but the throat of the shoe is sloppy. This has never happened with any of my Aldens, C&Js or Church's. I believe it has something to do with the way AE shoes are constructed, though I I don't know exactly what it could be.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...