or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 581  

post #8701 of 70737

Does anyone offhand know what Last the Clifton is? I tried on a pair today and really loved the fit and was wondering which others were made in that shape..

post #8702 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ0323 View Post

Does anyone offhand know what Last the Clifton is? I tried on a pair today and really loved the fit and was wondering which others were made in that shape..

 

The 8-108 last.

post #8703 of 70737

Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton

 

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks of that every time someone mentions the Clifton lol

post #8704 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ0323 View Post

Does anyone offhand know what Last the Clifton is? I tried on a pair today and really loved the fit and was wondering which others were made in that shape..

 

Already answered, but for future reference, the details under the shoe on their website will show what last the shoe is on.  When you go to allenedmonds.com and just click "shoes" at the top left, it will shoe everything and you can sort by last along the left hand side. 

 

Pretty helpful if you are looking for a particular last, collection, etc....

post #8705 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrewsmcknight View Post

Could someone kindly help me identify this shoe:
700
Thanks!

Is this a vintage McClain?

post #8706 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

 

Already answered, but for future reference, the details under the shoe on their website will show what last the shoe is on.  When you go to allenedmonds.com and just click "shoes" at the top left, it will shoe everything and you can sort by last along the left hand side. 

 

Pretty helpful if you are looking for a particular last, collection, etc....

 Thanks for the help, I just figured I'd ask on here since I guess the Clifton got discontinued and is no longer on their site so I couldn't find out that way and figured someone on here would know.

post #8707 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIALnERROR View Post


Actually, this is directly from AE: "For the Strand in Walnut Calf, we recommend Allen Edmonds Chili Heel and Sole Edge Dressing. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
Allen Edmonds Customer Service"

 

FYI, the edge dressing is being discontinued so you may want to stock up now.

 

Interesting.  I got the exact same e-mail from AE customer service telling me to use the natural edge dressing a year ago.  As I said before, I am going to have to try the chili dressing because I am not all that satisfied with the natural dressing.  As 7FoldTieGuy acknowledged, it does not do much to cover up nicks in the sole and heel.

post #8708 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ0323 View Post

 Thanks for the help, I just figured I'd ask on here since I guess the Clifton got discontinued and is no longer on their site so I couldn't find out that way and figured someone on here would know.

 

Oh shit i had no idea they were discontinued... I was always partial to the Sanford anyways, but after trying both on, i look like an old man wearing black bluchers lol

 

Anyways, Nordstroms still has them readily available, so their website says

 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-edmonds-clifton-oxford/2892042?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Walnut&resultback=1102

post #8709 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

The 8-108 last.

A splendid last. Possibly the best.
post #8710 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

Oh shit i had no idea they were discontinued... I was always partial to the Sanford anyways, but after trying both on, i look like an old man wearing black bluchers lol

Anyways, Nordstroms still has them readily available, so their website says

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-edmonds-clifton-oxford/2892042?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Walnut&resultback=1102

I dont believe they are discontinued, they are just somewhat exclusive to Nordstroms (and not to spam[1].gif but I do have them available thats why I said "somewhat" exclusive)
post #8711 of 70737

well if memory serves me correctly, i am very sure that the cliftons were on the website at some point in the last couple months, thats for sure... but oh well, they won't be missed in my eyes lol

post #8712 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIALnERROR View Post

I purchased a pair of AE Park Ave's today and I have a question regarding polish. Is the premium polish (http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF549_1_40000000001_-1) better than the carnuba wax (http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF652_1_40000000001_-1)? The manager said that the premium polish is "new school" versus the carnuba wax. I admit I am a novice when it comes to shoe care so any further explanation would be greatly appreciated.
 

 

I am probably not following an "approved" routine, but I purchased both the premium polish and a wax polish (Kiwi wax actually not the AE brand) and use both.

The premium polish in the tube seems to have both some conditioning and some polish, but didn't achieve the shine I was looking for.

Based on this, I added a very thin layer of Kiwi wax on top of the AE premium polish and the shine came out with a little brushing and a spritz of water on a nylon type polishing glove.

This seems to work good for all my calf shoes.

post #8713 of 70737

i'm bored and i have nothing to do right now, gonna bust out the merlot mcallisters and give them a proper shine.... will take an hour the way i do it, then i'll be ready for bed

post #8714 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

i'm bored and i have nothing to do right now, gonna bust out the merlot mcallisters and give them a proper shine.... will take an hour the way i do it, then i'll be ready for bed

A very good idea. One of these days soon I intend on posting a photo of my AE fleet.
post #8715 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

A very good idea. One of these days soon I intend on posting a photo of my AE fleet.

please do!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...