or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 562  

post #8416 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

 

Just received my strands directly from AE.  A bit disappointed considering "usage" of the creases and sole:

700

 

Clearly these were slightly used and/or returned.  Would you guys make a fuss about this?  On the other hand those creases and scratches are going to be there after I wear them anyways...just enjoy em?

 I've seen shoes with less creases after two months of wearing.

post #8417 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

 

Here's a pic of the cognac Soho's I recently purchased on eBay.  They were worn maybe once before.  I felt it was a great deal for a shoe that I LOVE!

 

 

1000

Nice, there is a pair in my size on E-Bay, I have been considering it!

post #8418 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

 

This is true, although it's not the first time I've seen someone comment that their PAs and Strands fit differently.

Interesting.  That is weird then

post #8419 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMarzano View Post

Interesting.  That is weird then

The shoes are handmade, so wouldn't that increase the likelihood of variations in fit, etc?

post #8420 of 70737
Picked up a pair of Daltons, I cannot wait to wear them this Fall.
Edited by MOCKBA - 8/18/12 at 8:39pm
post #8421 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

^ Congratz.  2 beautiful shoes to start your collection.

 

 

Just received my strands directly from AE.  A bit disappointed considering "usage" of the creases and sole:

700

700

 

Clearly these were slightly used and/or returned.  Would you guys make a fuss about this?  On the other hand those creases and scratches are going to be there after I wear them anyways...just enjoy em?

 

dude those shoes didn't even see outside... keep them and show them who's boss now... theres a new king on the street, and its you... and your strands

post #8422 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

 

Here's a pic of the cognac Soho's I recently purchased on eBay.  They were worn maybe once before.  I felt it was a great deal for a shoe that I LOVE!

 

 

1000

I have a pair in saddle brown and it's one of my very favorite shoes.  

post #8423 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post

 

dude those shoes didn't even see outside... keep them and show them who's boss now... theres a new king on the street, and its you... and your strands


700

post #8424 of 70737

BTW - So whats the protip on shoe care when it comes to new shoes?  You guys do anything before 1st time wearing your AEs (or any shoes for that matter)?

post #8425 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post

Here are my custom black Daltons. I am really happy with how these turned out and am looking forward to wearing them this Fall.

 

1000

 

Nice, I didn't know they could do that.  Looking good.  I currently have a pair in walnut calf and look forward to picking them up in chocolate as well.

post #8426 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post


700

 

omfg funniest pic i've seen in a long time, haaa!

post #8427 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post


directly from AE price matched with nordstrom's $220.  My expectations are 1st/brand new

 

Ah, I see.  The shoes are fine.  The sole wear looks like they may have been worn for a few minutes out and about. Even if you decide to keep them, I would call AE and tell them (or go to the AE store where you ordered them if that's what you did).  They shouldn't be sending you worn shoes as first quality.

post #8428 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

directly from AE price matched with nordstrom's $220.  My expectations are 1st/brand new

Ah, I see.  The shoes are fine.  The sole wear looks like they may have been worn for a few minutes out and about. Even if you decide to keep them, I would call AE and tell them (or go to the AE store where you ordered them if that's what you did).  They shouldn't be sending you worn shoes as first quality.

I'd request a partial refund smile.gif
post #8429 of 70737

Can you do that?

post #8430 of 70737

I'll probably just leave a comment with customer service.  I think it's worth their attention if it can help any future AE customers (like any of you guys). 

 

For scheduling and timing reasons, I can't really wait another week for replacements.

 

Thanks guy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...