I am hearing late September for boots - so hang on and they will be there soon.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 559post #8371 of 707078/6/12 at 8:00am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8372 of 707078/6/12 at 8:11ampost #8373 of 707078/6/12 at 8:28amQuote:
I am a 10D in the 5 last and also the 1 last. I have the Bayfield in both brown CXL and black, the fit is the same on both boots snug but not tight. They are a very comfortable boot and many others have said the same. I get by with light weight smartwool socks in both boots but if you wanted thicker socks for cold weather use I would size up. A fair number of pictures on here of the brown, the black not so much:post #8374 of 707078/6/12 at 8:34ampost #8375 of 707078/6/12 at 8:53am
Quick question, I have had my eyes out for a dark brown office shoe since I have walnut, merlot, and black. I have my eyes on a new old stock pair of Hinsdales that might fit the bill. However, there is damage on the left toe that looks almost like it was crushed.
How apparent would that damage be when the leather is cleaned up, polished etc.? Is it something that could be repaired?
Thankspost #8376 of 707078/6/12 at 8:54ampost #8377 of 707078/6/12 at 8:55ampost #8378 of 707078/6/12 at 8:58amQuote:
Yeah I did manage to find out about these, but as a stop-gap measure, would it be advisable to simply stick a shoe tree I use for my other pairs of shoes into them for a bit? I reckon that these might also have the effect of stretching out the leather in the right parts.post #8379 of 707078/6/12 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
I am a 10D in the 5 last and also the 1 last. I have the Bayfield in both brown CXL and black, the fit is the same on both boots snug but not tight. They are a very comfortable boot and many others have said the same. I get by with light weight smartwool socks in both boots but if you wanted thicker socks for cold weather use I would size up. A fair number of pictures on here of the brown, the black not so much:
Thanks, what has been the longest distance you have walked in them? I would like to pair them with jeans and chinos around campus and when I am in NY.Quote:
Fine fine, I'll make AE's my beater shoespost #8380 of 707078/6/12 at 9:12ampost #8381 of 707078/6/12 at 9:19ampost #8382 of 707078/6/12 at 9:27ampost #8383 of 707078/6/12 at 9:32ampost #8384 of 707078/6/12 at 9:37amQuote:Originally Posted by papercutshurt
Yeah I did manage to find out about these, but as a stop-gap measure, would it be advisable to simply stick a shoe tree I use for my other pairs of shoes into them for a bit? I reckon that these might also have the effect of stretching out the leather in the right parts.
Yes that may do it. I have used a little alcohol and water in the past - sprayed in inside area and used a home made stretcher. Let them sit for a few days until they dried out. It worked.post #8385 of 707078/6/12 at 10:04amQuote:
yea i read that a few places... i rarely wear the shoes that are in the nordtrom trees, but i'll hit them with some sand paper i have laying around at some point... they are in a couple pairs of cole haans and hugo boss, so the care for those shoes aren't necessarily at the top of my list lolQuote:
I love the fact that they are american made and done right... unlike other things coughcoughcarscoughcough...Quote:
i haven't yet, but i will most certainly try them on before I purchase a pair. dwass mentioned that they run a quarter inch wider than a 5 last, which fit me perfect. Since they run a little longer (per his post over at YMWDLOM) I am thinking a 9D will be fitting since i am a perfect 9.5D on the 5 last. We shall see... however I am in no rush, fall and winter are a long time away still with this goddamn heat stroke weather.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 second ago
- › things that are making you happy 47 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 4 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...