Thanks! Think I may order them this week.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 11/25/15 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 556
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm in OKC, OK - we haven't had any rain since the first week of June!
On a more serious note - that photo was taken when they were almost new, worn maybe 2-3 times. I use AE Cleaner/Conditioner and AE Leather Lotion and they still look pretty good.
These are all good choices; conservative, but stylish - timeless really. All are on the 5 last so you should take the same size in each. Good luck.
I don't think the color came through great on these photos, but here they are. They hadn't been polished up in a long time and showed. Put a nice coat of polish on last night and it helped bring back the deep chili color (it had sort of looked faded before that), despite the almost brownish color they seem to be in this color.
When my shell Bradley's show up that will make 22 AE shoes that I own. 6 wingtips plus the 5th St., Strand in Walnut shell, and the Elgin which are all heavily brogued shoes\boots, most in some flavor or another of brown. I'd like to think of myself as an equal opportunity AE shoe lover No Kenilworth in my future as long as Patrick doesn't keep posting pictures of his that may make me break down finally. I'm retired military and the black Leeds was my first AE shoe, which is identical to the military shoe which was good enough for meeting with Heads of State and at the Pentagon and Anex in the most formal situations. So I am comfortable with it in the civilian sector for formal wear and have worn it in consulting roles in every vertical market. Tapering off now and looking for plain toed boots and chukkas, preferable in shell and rubber lugged soles. But there are a few shoes out there yet thinking I might still "need".....
I actually don't own any PAs (have a pair of Johnston and Murphy Meltons that have been serving that purpose for a while, but will upgrade to PAs when the J&Ms are too worn out) . . . the two AE shoes I do own on the 5 last are the McAllister and the Fairfax. While I prefer the 8 last (Delray) to the 5 last, that's mostly for aesthetic reasons, and the fit to me tends to be pretty similar. I have a pair of Strands on the way in the mail, so I will soon find out how they fit as well, but I imagine the same as the McAllister. I basically wear the same size in the Delray and in the McAllister/Fairfax.
Sorry, wish I could be more help.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- › ***FS: 2 Napoli Su Misura Navy Sport Coats US 38/40 *** 15 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 21 seconds ago
- › ESEMPLARE DARK GREEN FELTED FISHTAIL PARKA, Medium 21 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 23 seconds ago
- › ONE MAN WALKS ALONE -- The Incredible True Story of how OLIVER... 25 seconds ago
- › BNIB Carmina Vegano Marron Single Monk Cap Toe Alcudia 7.5UK 26 seconds ago
- › For Sale: Anderson&Sheppard - A Style Is Born, company history 28 seconds ago
- › GOLDEN BEAR X CLUB MONACO Horween Leather Jacket 34 seconds ago
- › ZEGNA 40 reg patch pocket light brown taupe three button sportcoat 36 seconds ago
- › MADE IN ENGLAND Chesterfield topcoat with velvet collar. FREE... 41 seconds ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories