I don't know if it is official policy or not. I suppose you could find your size and then call a different AE store and ask them to ship. The one I used was the Rockefeller Center store.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 539post #8071 of 707377/31/12 at 3:37ampost #8072 of 707377/31/12 at 5:45amQuote:
I just go with the AE brand... its not expensive, and personally... going off of the way they make shoes, I think its safe to say that they wouldn't put out shit products for their shoes. If you call any retail store (or just purchase online) you'll have it in a few days. Spend $20-$30, grab yourself some brushes, a dauber or two, polish, conditioner, and some clothes... that should cost you all around $30, not bad if you ask me.post #8073 of 707377/31/12 at 5:49amHere are a pair of used Park Aves that i'm looking to purchase. Can you guys tell me if this looks like normal wear/creasing? I don't need them to be perfect (i'm sure i'll break them in a ton myself!), just making sure there's nothing troubling about them. I'm especially concerned about the creasing near the heel - because I actually have that on my cliftons! what's that from?
edit: here's one of both heels - I plan on taking the heel taps off. I don't have bad heel wear, but I DO have a lot of toe wear!post #8074 of 707377/31/12 at 6:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mingus2112
Here are a pair of used Park Aves that i'm looking to purchase. Can you guys tell me if this looks like normal wear/creasing? I don't need them to be perfect (i'm sure i'll break them in a ton myself!), just making sure there's nothing troubling about them. I'm especially concerned about the creasing near the heel - because I actually have that on my cliftons! what's that from?
-James Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The heal creasing is due to a heal counter - a hard piece of something - that is used to keep the heel round. The leather is stretched over it. In some shoes, it shows through the leather. My MacNeils have that in a big way, but not all my shoes do. It's "normal", but not really attractive, either. I'm not sure what makes it appear worse on some shoes.post #8075 of 707377/31/12 at 6:22am
Obviously I'm not the authority, but I'm willing to bet poor fit causes this. My heels are pretty narrow and there was some room in the Park Aves I tried on in the AE store. There's also some room in my Cliftons and, wouldn't you know, i've got a bit of this creasing. Good to know i'm not the only one and that this isn't a danger sign! Uppers look OK, though? Soles looked pretty good to my eyes and i'm hoping to get many miles out of these and then be able to recraft them to like new someday in the future!
-Jamespost #8076 of 707377/31/12 at 6:37ampost #8077 of 707377/31/12 at 6:49ampost #8078 of 707377/31/12 at 7:31ampost #8079 of 707377/31/12 at 7:54amQuote:
Which store did you go to? The one on newbury pricematched my PAs and I was thinking about going back and picking up strands this weekend...(contingent on me getting a part time job at GANT)post #8080 of 707377/31/12 at 7:55am
Thank you for your email. We have forwarded your email to our design team. If you have any further questions please call toll free 800.235.2348 and speak with one of our representatives."
This is the response I received from AE in regards to a request for a boot version of the Strand.post #8081 of 707377/31/12 at 8:04ampost #8082 of 707377/31/12 at 8:11ampost #8083 of 707377/31/12 at 8:16amQuote:
I was at the one on Newbury and got denied. I guess I'll call today and ask about it. Maybe the Sunday staff didn't know they could price match.post #8084 of 707377/31/12 at 8:25amQuote:
Yeah it is my primary target gun a Joel Etchen custom combo. Silver Pigeon II frame with Gold E barrels and EELL wood. I use it for all shotgun venues and in January and February put the top single on it for the Mn. Vs. Wi. trap shoots. Also have a couple of B. Rizzini target guns. Starting next week I will switch to my field guns to get ready for bird season which is only 2 months away. Nothing wrong with a BT-100 for singles in trap. My primary shooting partner last name is Browning and part of “that” Browning family. He gives me grief about my spaghetti guns all the time but I shoot them better than a Browning. Even though I have a couple of them in the safe too.Quote:
I picked up mine in January for $225 directly from AE from what I recall. So eventually they might go on sale again. I watch this thread for sales, it is the single best place I have found yet to find out about them.post #8085 of 707377/31/12 at 8:26am
Looking very nice. Are you pretty happy with them? Is it just the picture or are your Daltons really that light in color? They almost look like a whiskey in that picture. Here is a picture of some walnut calf Daltons that I had but had to return. You can see that they look quite a bit darker.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 11 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 14 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 24 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › ATTN ADMINS / MODS -- FORUM FEATURE NOT WORKING 39 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...