or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 522  

post #7816 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Thoughts on these? Not good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-MacNeil-Genuine-Shell-Cordovan-Wingtip-Oxford-Mens-Size-10-5-D-/290717139127?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43b01780b7

I really want to buy my first pair of shell cordovans and I'm also looking for a bulcher long wing.

I'd suggest checking with the Shoebank first, just to make certain there are no seconds in your size and preferred style. AE shell seconds look to run about $300 and you get the bonus of breaking them in to your own feet.
post #7817 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Thoughts on these? Not good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-MacNeil-Genuine-Shell-Cordovan-Wingtip-Oxford-Mens-Size-10-5-D-/290717139127?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43b01780b7

I really want to buy my first pair of shell cordovans and I'm also looking for a bulcher long wing.

I think too pricey for the amount of wear. On the other hand, with AE producing fewer shell shoes, it might be harder to find them at discounts. I'd try emailing the shoe bank to see if they have any seconds on hand, and what they would cost before committing to these.

EDIT: random-adam beat me to it!
post #7818 of 70737

Thank you both - I got an e-mail from AE shoe bank yesterday...


They said they had no seconds, yet their 1st qualities were 399 (good price). The only thing I saw was the Meermin burgundy shell for about 330 (same style). Problem is I can't try on a pair of the Meermin's so if I need to send them back the price difference would soon decrease

post #7819 of 70737

Fall line up? Does any one know when the fall line up is coming out? Specifically has anyone seen the new low boot? Any pictures around?

post #7820 of 70737

Allen Edmonds is hiring for their new Westport, CT store if anyone is looking for a career change.

 

http://jobview.monster.com/Retail-Sales-Associate-Westport-CT-Job-Westport-CT-US-111446897.aspx

post #7821 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Thank you both - I got an e-mail from AE shoe bank yesterday...


They said they had no seconds, yet their 1st qualities were 399 (good price). The only thing I saw was the Meermin burgundy shell for about 330 (same style). Problem is I can't try on a pair of the Meermin's so if I need to send them back the price difference would soon decrease


Shoebank is really generous with their shipping/return policy.  I believe it's completely free to ship and for returns!

post #7822 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post


Shoebank is really generous with their shipping/return policy.  I believe it's completely free to ship and for returns!

 

The shoe bank is great about returns and shipping! I agree, but I was referring to Meermin. Their price is 330 (roughly), but if I need to return, I think I have to pay. So is it worth it ?

post #7823 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

The shoe bank is great about returns and shipping! I agree, but I was referring to Meermin. Their price is 330 (roughly), but if I need to return, I think I have to pay. So is it worth it ?

Well, the Meermin is risky due to shipping and not being able to try them. Also note that the Meermins are partly made in China; I don't know if that matters, as the quality seems fine. But it does account for the low price.

Also, I think the Meermin looks fine, but it's not quite the same as the AE, which to me is more of the "classic" American-style gunboat. Not sure if that matters, either.

Tough decisions - $70 difference. You could order the MacNeil and see how much you like them.
post #7824 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Well, the Meermin is risky due to shipping and not being able to try them. Also note that the Meermins are partly made in China; I don't know if that matters, as the quality seems fine. But it does account for the low price.
Also, I think the Meermin looks fine, but it's not quite the same as the AE, which to me is more of the "classic" American-style gunboat. Not sure if that matters, either.
Tough decisions - $70 difference. You could order the MacNeil and see how much you like them.

 

So you recommend going new with the MacNeils (1sts from AE) over eBay? I know I'm well taken care of with AE, which is a great reason to stick with them. 

post #7825 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post


Shoebank is really generous with their shipping/return policy.  I believe it's completely free to ship and for returns!

+1
post #7826 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

So you recommend going new with the MacNeils (1sts from AE) over eBay? I know I'm well taken care of with AE, which is a great reason to stick with them. 

I would. But I also realize that the price difference is not trivial. I think $399 is a great deal, and I personally am wary of used shoes.
post #7827 of 70737

Does anyone have a phone number for the shoebank? I've emailed them three times now without response. 

post #7828 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


I would. But I also realize that the price difference is not trivial. I think $399 is a great deal, and I personally am wary of used shoes.

 

I agree on being wary. I'm just poor haha. 

post #7829 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooter View Post

Does anyone have a phone number for the shoebank? I've emailed them three times now without response. 

who is this shoebank - how does one contact them?

post #7830 of 70737

Shoebank@allenedmonds.com

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...