Maybe a simple cap toe?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 500post #7486 of 707377/20/12 at 8:58ampost #7487 of 707377/20/12 at 9:03ampost #7488 of 707377/20/12 at 9:07ampost #7489 of 707377/20/12 at 9:08amQuote:
I only have experience with the Delrays (own them in Black and Chili), but I really don't like the look of the shoes you posted at all. The toe is a bit too elongated, and the overall shape is some sort of hybrid between those awful bike shoes and some sort of weird extra-long shoes that creepy ethnic dudes wear to the clubs with their dark purple Express shirts and the top 3 or 4 buttons undone.
I'd definitely say stick to the Delrays, but it's a matter of personal preference I suppose.post #7490 of 707377/20/12 at 9:17ampost #7491 of 707377/20/12 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by jjr4884
Question gents... 9.5D and 10D on the 5 last... what size shoe trees are you using? I have all mediums, and idk... I just feel like they should fit a little further in the toe rather than getting cramped up where the vamp is. Do you have any pics of how far the shoe tree goes into the shoe? Thanks
I am a 10D and use the Woodlore Epic in size medium. They fit the 1 last shoes perfectly and on 5 last shoes a little high in the vamp but feel they still fill out the toe OK. On a few of them I sanded the top of the tree down a little so that it doesn't push up so much on the vamp.
Quote:Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
For those who own the Malvern, I'm debating those boots (which are currently on clearance) v. something like a clarks DB in beeswax for colder weather/casual use. The Clarks' crepe sole isn't ideal, but at that price (~$70) they seem kind of like a no-brainer. The Malvern, OTOH, is obviously more formal yet the chukka style is still sufficiently informal for a weekend run-around boot.
I couldn't get the Malvern to fit me, it was just too narrow in the toebox. Felt fine at the AE store but after getting them home and wearing them awhile it was a different story. More than a few people have had this issue especially in the later production runs if you look at the reviews. I purchased my first pair of Clark's while in England deployed on a NATO cruise, back when they still made them there. Not a fan of the unlined Desert Boot in general though. They don't last long and have little to no support. Not pleasant to walk any distance in either. I do have the AE Katmai which I really like and have been wearing this summer a lot while shooting various shotgun venues. Even though it is a lined suede chukka it has been a great shoe so far even in this hot weather. Treated with suede spray protector they have repelled everything I have thrown at them so far. They are on closeout at around the same price as the Malvern I believe. Worth looking at those too IMO.post #7492 of 707377/20/12 at 9:21ampost #7493 of 707377/20/12 at 9:24ampost #7494 of 707377/20/12 at 9:41ampost #7495 of 707377/20/12 at 9:45ampost #7496 of 707377/20/12 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by hohneokc
Personally, I wouldn't send them back. I figure there are going to be a few wrinkles after I wear them once. But they are your shoes and you need to be happy with them.
BTW - great looking shoes. I think the brown Strands are way under rated. I know the walnut Strands are pretty, but I don't think enough people give credit to the brown Strands.
Ended up getting a much nicer replacement pair. I'm much happier for doing so. Also managed to pick up a new pair of Park Ave's at the Nordstroms anniversary sale.post #7497 of 707377/20/12 at 10:25amQuote:
I bought the burnished brown calf Strands about a month ago because color wise, they are only a tad darker than the shell Strands. Took them back 2 days later for the shell without even thinking twice. Part of it was to get my first pair of shells, but honestly... this leather is just amazing. When you really want a shoe, you can't settle for less, and the cordovan on this Strand is better looking than Zoolander... so ya. Coughed up another couple bills and walked away with a smile.post #7498 of 707377/20/12 at 10:49amQuote:
I stopped by the AE store while I was on vacation in Newport and checked out some of their offerings. The burgundy shell PA was on display there and I struck by its colour vs the calf burgundy PAs. The shell version imho really popped a lot more with the burgundy colour being a lot more pronounced compared to the calf. Great looking shoe.post #7499 of 707377/20/12 at 11:19ampost #7500 of 707377/20/12 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by facet
I stopped by the AE store while I was on vacation in Newport and checked out some of their offerings. The burgundy shell PA was on display there and I struck by its colour vs the calf burgundy PAs. The shell version imho really popped a lot more with the burgundy colour being a lot more pronounced compared to the calf. Great looking shoe.
Truthfully, I've never seen burgundy shell in the flesh... but your description is exactly as I'd imagine it. I've settled on my next acquisition being either some kind of blucher or dress boot in burgundy shell. Let's see what AE throws down this fall and whether it comes in a sufficiently narrow size...
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 seconds ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply Plain Blue Suit Color 8 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding