Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 8/18/16 at 7:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 498post #7457 of 707377/19/12 at 9:04pmpost #7458 of 707377/19/12 at 9:55pmQuote:
I am 100% sure that Strands and Fifth Aves were available in the 2 for $200 sale. I am not sure about the PA. I just assumed they were.post #7459 of 707377/19/12 at 11:00pmQuote:
Anyone have any really good pics of them? I will search the forum, I'm sure I can dig up a few... I LOVE mine in brown... very unique and a real nice change than color 8... but walnut is my favorite color hands down. would love to see some hi-res pics of thempost #7460 of 707377/19/12 at 11:08pmpost #7461 of 707377/20/12 at 12:02ampost #7462 of 707377/20/12 at 12:54amQuote:Originally Posted by random-adam
Wilberts today -- freshly resoled from B. Nelson, hence the snow-white stitching -- with linen trousers and matchy socks:
Interesting. Did you request the white stitching?
Also, were these your shoes originally, or were these an ebay pickup that you fixed up?
Either way, looks great !post #7463 of 707377/20/12 at 12:57amQuote:
No, that's all I got. The way this has worked in the past is that I've emailed Edward, manager at Freeport, my size, and he sends back an Excel spreadsheet with all available shoes. I imagine this will work the same way. Remember, these are seconds, so stock on hand is going to be variable by size.
Freeport contact info:
firstname.lastname@example.org #7464 of 707377/20/12 at 12:59amQuote:
I think it was discontinued shoes and seconds. So Strands, Fifth Ave, and PA would all be available if they had seconds in those shoes; and it would vary by size.post #7465 of 707377/20/12 at 5:54ampost #7466 of 707377/20/12 at 6:00ampost #7467 of 707377/20/12 at 6:32ampost #7468 of 707377/20/12 at 6:51amQuote:Quote:
Not sure if you can still get the walnut shell anymore even in a custom option. Worth a try though! Found my original hi-res pics back around page 300 or so. But you should be able to click on the pictures below:
Walnut Shell Dalton Boots:
Walnut Calf McAllister - Walnut Shell Strand - Walnut Shell Dalton
My walnut shell Strands have enough dark pieces that I passed on the brown shell Strands as they would be redundant.Quote:Originally Posted by random-adam
Wilberts today -- freshly resoled from B. Nelson, hence the snow-white stitching -- with linen trousers and matchy socks:Quote:
Yes they do like great! Very nice, I never thought of wearing mine with anything lighter than khaki and have always gone for the tropical dress look of black or the burgundy\black Shelton's with white but now......post #7469 of 707377/20/12 at 7:04am
Nice pics... searched around and saw a few others... saw a GORGEOUS pic that had brown and walnut shell strands, and a pair of alden PTB's in Ravello... 3 in a row, which really showed the depth of the walnut. Absolutely gorgeous...
Question gents... 9.5D and 10D on the 5 last... what size shoe trees are you using? I have all mediums, and idk... I just feel like they should fit a little further in the toe rather than getting cramped up where the vamp is. Do you have any pics of how far the shoe tree goes into the shoe? Thanks
Also... since my other question probably went unseen being the last post several pages back... if you had to put together a "business casual" outfit with blue neumoks (taking the red laces off) what would you wear? What kind of pants? My dress slacks obviously won't work, but I am thinking a khaki/chino pant, not sure what color belt... I am thinking brown, but that will depend on the shirt and pants. Thoughts? Fridays aren't "casual" but considering the way most people dress in my office, I would like to dress down a tad and I know those neumoks would be just fine with the right outfit...post #7470 of 707377/20/12 at 7:09amQuote:
I can take some higher res photos later if you want. Shoot me a PM with any requests.
For anyone looking to pick up a pair...
As Cold Iron said, I'm not sure if they're still available or not...guess it depends on whether or not they still have some additional shells remaining in house. Definitely worth a shot. That said, I picked up mine this week as seconds through an Outlet store /Shoebank. They had one pair left in my size (13D).
I would try to call AE first, if you want firsts, but if 2nd's are good enough or if you have no other options, shoot an email to the shoebank asking for a list of shoes available in your size. If they have the walnut shell strands, give your closest AE outlet store or the Shoebank a call and have them order them for you. They'll ship 'em free from whatever store they're currently located in. As of Monday, all Cordovan 2nds were going for $299.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 1 minute ago
- › Please help me with shoes! 2 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding