Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 498
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7457 of 707177/19/12 at 9:04pmpost #7458 of 707177/19/12 at 9:55pmQuote:
I am 100% sure that Strands and Fifth Aves were available in the 2 for $200 sale. I am not sure about the PA. I just assumed they were.post #7459 of 707177/19/12 at 11:00pmQuote:
Anyone have any really good pics of them? I will search the forum, I'm sure I can dig up a few... I LOVE mine in brown... very unique and a real nice change than color 8... but walnut is my favorite color hands down. would love to see some hi-res pics of thempost #7460 of 707177/19/12 at 11:08pmpost #7461 of 707177/20/12 at 12:02ampost #7462 of 707177/20/12 at 12:54amQuote:Originally Posted by random-adam
Wilberts today -- freshly resoled from B. Nelson, hence the snow-white stitching -- with linen trousers and matchy socks:
Interesting. Did you request the white stitching?
Also, were these your shoes originally, or were these an ebay pickup that you fixed up?
Either way, looks great !post #7463 of 707177/20/12 at 12:57amQuote:
No, that's all I got. The way this has worked in the past is that I've emailed Edward, manager at Freeport, my size, and he sends back an Excel spreadsheet with all available shoes. I imagine this will work the same way. Remember, these are seconds, so stock on hand is going to be variable by size.
Freeport contact info:
firstname.lastname@example.org #7464 of 707177/20/12 at 12:59amQuote:
I think it was discontinued shoes and seconds. So Strands, Fifth Ave, and PA would all be available if they had seconds in those shoes; and it would vary by size.post #7465 of 707177/20/12 at 5:54ampost #7466 of 707177/20/12 at 6:00ampost #7467 of 707177/20/12 at 6:32ampost #7468 of 707177/20/12 at 6:51amQuote:Quote:
Not sure if you can still get the walnut shell anymore even in a custom option. Worth a try though! Found my original hi-res pics back around page 300 or so. But you should be able to click on the pictures below:
Walnut Shell Dalton Boots:
Walnut Calf McAllister - Walnut Shell Strand - Walnut Shell Dalton
My walnut shell Strands have enough dark pieces that I passed on the brown shell Strands as they would be redundant.Quote:Originally Posted by random-adam
Wilberts today -- freshly resoled from B. Nelson, hence the snow-white stitching -- with linen trousers and matchy socks:Quote:
Yes they do like great! Very nice, I never thought of wearing mine with anything lighter than khaki and have always gone for the tropical dress look of black or the burgundy\black Shelton's with white but now......post #7469 of 707177/20/12 at 7:04am
Nice pics... searched around and saw a few others... saw a GORGEOUS pic that had brown and walnut shell strands, and a pair of alden PTB's in Ravello... 3 in a row, which really showed the depth of the walnut. Absolutely gorgeous...
Question gents... 9.5D and 10D on the 5 last... what size shoe trees are you using? I have all mediums, and idk... I just feel like they should fit a little further in the toe rather than getting cramped up where the vamp is. Do you have any pics of how far the shoe tree goes into the shoe? Thanks
Also... since my other question probably went unseen being the last post several pages back... if you had to put together a "business casual" outfit with blue neumoks (taking the red laces off) what would you wear? What kind of pants? My dress slacks obviously won't work, but I am thinking a khaki/chino pant, not sure what color belt... I am thinking brown, but that will depend on the shirt and pants. Thoughts? Fridays aren't "casual" but considering the way most people dress in my office, I would like to dress down a tad and I know those neumoks would be just fine with the right outfit...post #7470 of 707177/20/12 at 7:09amQuote:
I can take some higher res photos later if you want. Shoot me a PM with any requests.
For anyone looking to pick up a pair...
As Cold Iron said, I'm not sure if they're still available or not...guess it depends on whether or not they still have some additional shells remaining in house. Definitely worth a shot. That said, I picked up mine this week as seconds through an Outlet store /Shoebank. They had one pair left in my size (13D).
I would try to call AE first, if you want firsts, but if 2nd's are good enough or if you have no other options, shoot an email to the shoebank asking for a list of shoes available in your size. If they have the walnut shell strands, give your closest AE outlet store or the Shoebank a call and have them order them for you. They'll ship 'em free from whatever store they're currently located in. As of Monday, all Cordovan 2nds were going for $299.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 47 seconds ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...