Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 2:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 484
Styleforum Top Picks
Did you end up getting something?
I'm looking for a recommendation myself.
I picked up a pair of black McTavishes at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale today, I'm excited to wear them to work tomorrow. I was tempted to get the Natural color as well, but I ended up getting some dress pants instead. I'm already debating on the Natural McTavishes or the walnut Strands for the next sale!
I thought the sale didn't start until Friday? Did you have to ask to get the sale price?
Thinking about picking up a pair of Stewarts while they are on sale. I have a good idea what size I take in the Leeds which are on the same last, but I wonder if I should be sizing down for the Stewart since it's part of the Rough Collection. Has anyone tried both the Stewart and the Leeds who can comment on sizing consistency?
Sporting my McAllisters today. I really like the wingtip style and all, but for some reason I'm not a huge fan of the overall shape of the shoe compared to some of my other pairs of AE balmorals. I mean, they fit me fine (I really don't have trouble with different lasts not fitting me right usually), but overall they don't look/feel very sleek or shapely. Oh well.
Haha. Yeah I think it's more when viewed from the side. I feel like the instep is higher than some of the other models, then abruptly flattens out at the toes. Hard to describe, but there's just a different shape to them than I was picturing originally. They're still nice and perfectly fine, just me being picky.
Nice, but can I suggest that you wear a solid color sock and denim with a darker rinse with those? As it is there is something Pippy Longstocking-ish about your 'fit.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Momotaro 28 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › Doctor Who 24 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories