Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 481post #7201 of 707357/14/12 at 9:45amDepends in your taste in style and the type of clothes you wear. If you could coordinate based on the color of your suit, shoes, or if your suit is neutral and you are in a dress casual setting...your tie. I have a beige suit...pretty neutral...so I often color match the socks to my tie. I like purple undershirts and ties..so I have a few pairs of purple socks. Just don't wear socks that look stupid...socks are probably the least important article of clothing outside of underwear.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7202 of 707357/14/12 at 10:35amQuote:Originally Posted by evolved
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160.
Any suggestions on caring for chromexcel?
Brushing. When product is needed, stick with leather lotions and moisturizers. Very little product should be needed.post #7203 of 707357/14/12 at 10:37amQuote:Originally Posted by plei89
Just got my shell cordovan Cambridges in... Thought I'd take some side-by-side pics in comparison to the McAllisters:
I'm comparing an 8.5D Cambridge (one with the shoe-tree) to the 8D McAllisters:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very nice - congrats! I like the new stamping that AE is putting on the sole of their shell shoes.post #7204 of 707357/14/12 at 11:33ampost #7205 of 707357/14/12 at 11:45ampost #7206 of 707357/14/12 at 11:54am
Hey, is this pair of park avenues a solid buy on ebay for $100. Has brand new heels, and looks to be in good condition besides that. What do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251105568927&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_1867wt_956post #7207 of 707357/14/12 at 12:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by evolved
My Bayfields came in yesterday from the Shoebank. I was expecting some moderate, noticeable defects since they are classified as "seconds", but it's hardly noticeable. The left boot looks to be perfect, and the right one has subtle issues.....the cap toe is ever so slightly off center, the eyelets are just a little bit off in their alignment, and the area on the shaft of the boot is hardly noticeable, it's basically just an indent in the leather. Overall, I think they were a steal for $160. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Same advice here. The only product I've heard to try is Venetian Shoe cream, very sparingly. Chromexel has a lot of oil in it, so it doesn't need nor take well to polishes or creams.post #7208 of 707357/14/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
AE sent me some of their aqua care shoe cream.....should I use something like that, or their regular leather lotion? What about Saphir's Reno?
Sorry for all of the questions.....this is my first experience with chromexcel
Edit: These will be primarily worn in the fall/winter/early spring, so they will likely see some rain/snow.....I say this because some level of water/weather proofing would be ideal. I don't expect them to be waterproof, but I would like them to repel the elements, somewhat.post #7209 of 707357/14/12 at 3:08pmpost #7210 of 707357/14/12 at 3:47pmpost #7211 of 707357/14/12 at 4:29pmpost #7212 of 707357/14/12 at 4:35pmpost #7213 of 707357/14/12 at 4:48pmThinking about picking up a pair of Stewarts while they are on sale. I have a good idea what size I take in the Leeds which are on the same last, but I wonder if I should be sizing down for the Stewart since it's part of the Rough Collection. Has anyone tried both the Stewart and the Leeds who can comment on sizing consistency?
Thanks!post #7214 of 707357/14/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
Obenauf 's heavy duty LP.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 31 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?