or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4711  

post #70651 of 70737

The Cognac McTavishes came back up in my size on clearance, and I just snagged the last pair.  To whomever returned them, I appreciate it.  I was looking for something to alternate with Rush Streets for casual, and these should hopefully do nicely.

post #70652 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post
 

This is excellent.  

 

Again, we just need a short intro, and some basics.  We can always add the the FAQ on the first page later (or at least, I can).

 

Please PM me if you are willing to step up with the first post.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #70653 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Read starting here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread-reviews-pictures-sizing-etc/70400_50#post_8307651

Allen Edmonds fans are laggint the watch guys.  They already have an appointed new thread starter, and are hard at work on a first post.  There's been a lot of back and forth here, but no one has really taken on that leadership role.  The first post would not need to be comprehensive.  Just an instroduction to the new thread, and some useful links.

It's either that, or I just arbitrarily cut it off at some point, and start a new thread from the last post of the old, locked thread (this one).  It's really up to you guys and your preference.  EIther works for me.

Cheers,

Fok.

I suggest you just cut off the thread and start a new one. If you wait until you've crafted the perfect first post, it'll never happen.
post #70654 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

@garland you mentioned recrafted shoes fitting tighter. I noticed that on a couple pairs. Any insight into why that happens?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick V. View Post


Generally, it's not that the shoes got tighter -or- changed size.
It's because the new sole is more rigid than the old worn one. The rigid sole tends to pull the upper down making the shoe feel tighter.

 

I'll obviously yield to @Nick V. on this.

 

What I was told working at AE was that when the shoes are recrafted, the uppers have to be pulled in a little tighter to get fresh leather to sew into for the welt, making the shoe a hair more snug. The footbed is also recorked, and the new sole. All those factors are going to contribute to a more snug feel post recraft. @Nick V. does that sound legit to you? 

post #70655 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Trying to fit in here with a few firsts for me (Allen Edmonds purchase, picture post, attempt at shoe care).  Walnut Wednesday with the Rogues and a coffee mug purchased in Seattle at the original Starbucks.  Thanks for all the help so far everyone!
Those are really sharp; I've been on the fence about the Rogues for a while, but that may have tipped me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post

The Cognac McTavishes came back up in my size on clearance, and I just snagged the last pair.  To whomever returned them, I appreciate it.  I was looking for something to alternate with Rush Streets for casual, and these should hopefully do nicely.
On the other hand; Rush Streets and McTavishes are also available, cheaper, and more obviously casual. Decisions, decisions (and no, I don't think buying all three is a legitimate option).
post #70656 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Those are really sharp; I've been on the fence about the Rogues for a while, but that may have tipped me.
On the other hand; Rush Streets and McTavishes are also available, cheaper, and more obviously casual. Decisions, decisions (and no, I don't think buying all three is a legitimate option).


Where exactly are Rush Streets available? I haven't seen any on shoebank, typical retailers, eBay, or anywhere else. Am I missing something?

post #70657 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnb View Post
 


Where exactly are Rush Streets available? I haven't seen any on shoebank, typical retailers, eBay, or anywhere else. Am I missing something?

There is at least one pair listed on clearance.  Size comes up available at 10.5D.  I thought about just buying them instead of the McT's, but I already have a pair.

post #70658 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post
 

There is at least one pair listed on clearance.  Size comes up available at 10.5D.  I thought about just buying them instead of the McT's, but I already have a pair.


Ohh gotcha. I wish they had some in my size! The Rush Street is a great business casual shoe. 

post #70659 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnb View Post


Ohh gotcha. I wish they had some in my size! The Rush Street is a great business casual shoe. 
There's now a pair online in 9EEE, so it changes pretty frequently what they have in stock. Worth a call to see if you can get a hold on any returns that may come in before they go back into the system.
post #70660 of 70737
Speaking of Mctavish, are congac and dark brown the same color?
post #70661 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Speaking of Mctavish, are congac and dark brown the same color?


I believe they list them as Cognac on the AE site, and Dark Brown on ShoeBank.  Double check the model number (Cognac is 4045S).

post #70662 of 70737

I picked up a pair of Normandy boots on the Bay a few days ago.  They arrived today.  Tried them on to check the fit, and haven't taken them off yet; I don't want to.  I feel like going for a run.  I may never wear sneakers again.

post #70663 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


I believe they list them as Cognac on the AE site, and Dark Brown on ShoeBank.  Double check the model number (Cognac is 4045S).

Model # on my order is 4045. From pictures, I would not consider that dark brown, but AE photos are notoriously inaccurate. I don't really care; as I was just looking for something casual. I'll post pics when they get here.
post #70664 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post


Model # on my order is 4045. From pictures, I would not consider that dark brown, but AE photos are notoriously inaccurate. I don't really care; as I was just looking for something casual. I'll post pics when they get here.


Thats Cognac.  I don't know why, but sometimes they include the S and sometimes not.  Those are the ones I have. My pics here post #69977 (crappy indoor lighting).

post #70665 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


Thats Cognac.  I don't know why, but sometimes they include the S and sometimes not.  Those are the ones I have. My pics here post #69977 (crappy indoor lighting).

They add the "S" to the end of the model number to indicate they are seconds. Without the S, they're firsts. All my seconds say S on the box, too. And yes I matched the 4045 model number the same way before ordering my Cognac/Dark brown McT's from the Shoebank.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...