The Cognac McTavishes came back up in my size on clearance, and I just snagged the last pair. To whomever returned them, I appreciate it. I was looking for something to alternate with Rush Streets for casual, and these should hopefully do nicely.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4711post #70651 of 707372/10/16 at 12:05pmpost #70652 of 707372/10/16 at 12:10pmpost #70653 of 707372/10/16 at 12:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Read starting here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread-reviews-pictures-sizing-etc/70400_50#post_8307651
Allen Edmonds fans are laggint the watch guys. They already have an appointed new thread starter, and are hard at work on a first post. There's been a lot of back and forth here, but no one has really taken on that leadership role. The first post would not need to be comprehensive. Just an instroduction to the new thread, and some useful links.
It's either that, or I just arbitrarily cut it off at some point, and start a new thread from the last post of the old, locked thread (this one). It's really up to you guys and your preference. EIther works for me.
I suggest you just cut off the thread and start a new one. If you wait until you've crafted the perfect first post, it'll never happen.post #70654 of 707372/10/16 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Buster Brown
@garland you mentioned recrafted shoes fitting tighter. I noticed that on a couple pairs. Any insight into why that happens?Quote:
I'll obviously yield to @Nick V. on this.
What I was told working at AE was that when the shoes are recrafted, the uppers have to be pulled in a little tighter to get fresh leather to sew into for the welt, making the shoe a hair more snug. The footbed is also recorked, and the new sole. All those factors are going to contribute to a more snug feel post recraft. @Nick V. does that sound legit to you?post #70655 of 707372/10/16 at 2:02pmQuote:Those are really sharp; I've been on the fence about the Rogues for a while, but that may have tipped me.Originally Posted by AndyMiddles
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #70656 of 707372/10/16 at 2:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by naspratt
Those are really sharp; I've been on the fence about the Rogues for a while, but that may have tipped me.
On the other hand; Rush Streets and McTavishes are also available, cheaper, and more obviously casual. Decisions, decisions (and no, I don't think buying all three is a legitimate option).
Where exactly are Rush Streets available? I haven't seen any on shoebank, typical retailers, eBay, or anywhere else. Am I missing something?post #70657 of 707372/10/16 at 2:09pmQuote:
There is at least one pair listed on clearance. Size comes up available at 10.5D. I thought about just buying them instead of the McT's, but I already have a pair.post #70658 of 707372/10/16 at 2:18pmpost #70659 of 707372/10/16 at 2:58pmpost #70660 of 707372/10/16 at 3:02pmpost #70661 of 707372/10/16 at 4:08pmpost #70662 of 707372/10/16 at 4:10pmpost #70663 of 707372/10/16 at 4:24pmQuote:
Model # on my order is 4045. From pictures, I would not consider that dark brown, but AE photos are notoriously inaccurate. I don't really care; as I was just looking for something casual. I'll post pics when they get here.post #70664 of 707372/10/16 at 4:28pmQuote:
Thats Cognac. I don't know why, but sometimes they include the S and sometimes not. Those are the ones I have. My pics here post #69977 (crappy indoor lighting).post #70665 of 707372/10/16 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by ace13x
Thats Cognac. I don't know why, but sometimes they include the S and sometimes not. Those are the ones I have. My pics here post #69977 (crappy indoor lighting).
They add the "S" to the end of the model number to indicate they are seconds. Without the S, they're firsts. All my seconds say S on the box, too. And yes I matched the 4045 model number the same way before ordering my Cognac/Dark brown McT's from the Shoebank.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Official RRL Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Pinky toe callus from dress shoes 27 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 43 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › NWT L.B.M.1911 Navy Donegal Wool Suits 36R 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...