or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4710  

post #70636 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

With my ever growing collection... I'm definitely needing more shoe trees. If anyone sees a sale pop up, please let me know.

From my post yesterday ....

This is more of an FYI than anything ...

I inquired on some AE seconds from the Destin Company Store. The responding email says that shoe trees are on sale for $16.95 each pair.

I'm not sure if the sale is a national sale, but it's enough off straight retail that I ordered a couple pair.

The toll-free phone number to the Destin store is 850-654-4790.
post #70637 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Snuff suede Fullertons today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Those are real nice. Making me think about grabbing some snuff suede strands on clearance.
post #70638 of 70737

Shell strands today:

 

F6bmFHS.jpg PWKAyOt.jpg
post #70639 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Those are real nice. Making me think about grabbing some snuff suede strands on clearance.

Thanks! I looked at these, the snuff strands, and the chocolate fifth avenues. I knew they would be worn somewhat casually, so I went with the Fullertons. I think the lighter laces also helped the look I was after.

post #70640 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbeck View Post


From my post yesterday ....

This is more of an FYI than anything ...

I inquired on some AE seconds from the Destin Company Store. The responding email says that shoe trees are on sale for $16.95 each pair.

I'm not sure if the sale is a national sale, but it's enough off straight retail that I ordered a couple pair.

The toll-free phone number to the Destin store is 850-654-4790.

 

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I try to buy mine from JAB, when they are buy 1 get 2 free - which equates to about $8-9 per pair. I did pull the trigger on a set at about $10-11 each, but that's about as high as I want to go. Guess you can say I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my trees.... more money for shoes!

post #70641 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post

To say "all y'all" is technically redundant but I hear it here and there. "Y'all's" is second person plural possessive and I can't believe @redmusic1 hasn't heard it and doesn't routinely use it. Eg, "hey Greg and Duane, how's y'all's new album coming along?"

Also, a tip to any Hollywood screen writers ... folks down South don't use "y'all" when speaking in second person singular. That is only heard on TV. If someone were to walk up to me and say, "how are y'all doing?" I would immediately turn around and see who must have snuck up behind me.


I generally hear and use "your" as the possessive plural where I live. I could see "y'all's" being used (I admit I live in a slightly more affluent college town), But certainly not as written in the context of the OP. On the flip side "all Y'all" is technically redundant in the aforementioned context as well. However, I use that pretty regularly when emphasizing the whole, as opposed to some, of a group. Something like "All y'all over in Hollywood need to stop tryin to fake a Southern accent." I agree they tend to over do it on TV, but I also recognize that this is primarily due to the misconception that there is only one Southern dialect. East coast and Inland dialects are decidedly different for example, not to mention the Cajun influences on the Gulf Coast of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. And when you get up in the Mountains of Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia, I tend to put them in a class unto themselves. I would imagine English folks have the same issue with Americans attempting their accents, since those from Manchester and London don't sound much alike. I worked under a contractor from Manchester once who nearly had to sing directions to me before I could understand him.

 

I suppose we can sometimes forget that our language, like our clothing or shoes, can be so diverse, with so many nuances of influence and execution, and still manage to maintain such a common core from which to function effectively. 

post #70642 of 70737

Trying to fit in here with a few firsts for me (Allen Edmonds purchase, picture post, attempt at shoe care).  Walnut Wednesday with the Rogues and a coffee mug purchased in Seattle at the original Starbucks.  Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

post #70643 of 70737

Hi guys,

 

Just a reminder that I'd like to do the thread change by Friday.  If you guys need a bit more time, please PM me. 

 

Awesome thread, but it's time to start a new own. The load of this onen is already really heavy.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #70644 of 70737
@garland you mentioned recrafted shoes fitting tighter. I noticed that on a couple pairs. Any insight into why that happens?
post #70645 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

@garland you mentioned recrafted shoes fitting tighter. I noticed that on a couple pairs. Any insight into why that happens?

Generally, it's not that the shoes got tighter -or- changed size.
It's because the new sole is more rigid than the old worn one. The rigid sole tends to pull the upper down making the shoe feel tighter.
post #70646 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Hi guys,

Just a reminder that I'd like to do the thread change by Friday.  If you guys need a bit more time, please PM me. 

Awesome thread, but it's time to start a new own. The load of this onen is already really heavy.

Cheers,

Fok.

Missed this but whats happening?
post #70647 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Missed this but whats happening?

Read starting here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread-reviews-pictures-sizing-etc/70400_50#post_8307651

 

Allen Edmonds fans are laggint the watch guys.  They already have an appointed new thread starter, and are hard at work on a first post.  There's been a lot of back and forth here, but no one has really taken on that leadership role.  The first post would not need to be comprehensive.  Just an instroduction to the new thread, and some useful links.

 

It's either that, or I just arbitrarily cut it off at some point, and start a new thread from the last post of the old, locked thread (this one).  It's really up to you guys and your preference.  EIther works for me.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #70648 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I try to buy mine from JAB, when they are buy 1 get 2 free - which equates to about $8-9 per pair. I did pull the trigger on a set at about $10-11 each, but that's about as high as I want to go. Guess you can say I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my trees.... more money for shoes!
I agree, that's not a great price.
post #70649 of 70737
Before the new thread starts can somebody that has an AE shell belt comment on the quality? I have enough #8 shoes that I now feel justified in owning a shell belt. I've looked at other options but I keep coming back to AE for the price of their belts.
post #70650 of 70737
McTs and dark denim today. One of my first pairs of AE.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...