Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4703post #70531 of 707372/7/16 at 8:09ampost #70532 of 707372/7/16 at 8:46ampost #70533 of 707372/7/16 at 9:05ampost #70534 of 707372/7/16 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by velvel87
Anyone heard any recent news about the AE Factory store supposedly opening up this month in the Bergen Town Center in Paramus, NJ? I was told by AE last month that it was scheduled for Feb 22, but that nothing was official until I received a store opening notification from AE. Anyone hear anything? Was the opening pushed back again?
I talked to the manager of this store in person a week ago and she said the store was opening the end of February as far as she knew.post #70535 of 707372/7/16 at 10:04ampost #70536 of 707372/7/16 at 10:06ampost #70537 of 707372/7/16 at 10:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@cc808314 The Kirkwood runs much more tts in length. I went down a half size in length from brannock (meaning I went with typical size) to compensate for the fact that they are wide-ish plus cxl. Fit is good - in a gold cup id be smashed up against the front of the shoe but in these I have just enough room. I'd say go tts, b-width if you can, otherwise down length like I did.Quote:Originally Posted by middlepP
Perhaps a little shorter than 5-last but not much. I definitely would not have dropped down a half size in length, but I'm on the shorter end of 5-last. As @Neo1 mentioned, you have plenty of play in the soft cxl.
Thanks guys. I will give 9b a try and play with shorter D widths. For reference, I had picked up some Sperry topsiders from BCF since they were so cheap. In 8D, my big toe was right up there touching the front and the width was just slightly wide. I was swimming in 8.5D.post #70538 of 707372/7/16 at 10:19ampost #70539 of 707372/7/16 at 11:10ampost #70540 of 707372/7/16 at 11:26ampost #70541 of 707372/7/16 at 11:30amQuote:Originally Posted by jcman311
Lasts and fits info
Seconds and Shoebank
Customer service experience/excellence
catalogs and models (past/present)
when regular sales usually happen (rda, etc)
current mto (when/if available)
shoe maintenance product info
what is made in usa (versus Dominican Republic)
insoles (ie the new poron vs the old)
soles (leather, dainite)
features of the higher ranges (independence)
basic pricing info (ie firsts, boots, shell, clearance, etc)
stores and shipping info
a little about the ceo
Thats off the top of my head. You can always edit/add to the first post. I'm sure I missed some stuff but that would be a good start. The linking to post info would be good too if you can find the posts in the old thread. I know it can be a lot for a new person to absorb when they come for information only to be bombarded by lines and lines of talk about lasts.
Think that we could have this done by this coming Friday?post #70542 of 707372/7/16 at 11:33ampost #70543 of 707372/7/16 at 11:56am
So here are the seconds I ordered last Friday.
Here are the Gobi 13Bs with my 13Ds behind them. The Bs fit better, but look worse. The vamp is already pretty creased, especially badly on the left tongue. The leather on the toes also looks very dry and cracked. I've worn my Ds for like 7 months now, I'll just keep wearing them and send the Bs back.
These are the bourbon Larchmonts. For bourbon seconds I was expecting tiger striping, but I was not expecting freckles. I've never really seen bourbon up close before, is that normal? I don't really mind it, it gives them sort of an antiqued look.
They fit well too, not too tight or loose and minimal heel slip. It's weird walking around with toes so long though.
I like them a lot, but I'm still not sure how they would fit into my wardrobe, or if they make my already too big feet just look even more comically long, especially with my usual slim chinos and jeans.Warning: crummy test fits (Click to show)post #70544 of 707372/7/16 at 12:20pm@cc808314 As a reference, with the gold cup, 7D I was right up against the front, 7.5D I was swimming. Kirkwood 7D was just right - just enough room up front. Guess I got lucky - never could have worn a Nashua in 7D, needed the 7.5D there.
I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember her name, and I even talked to her last year too (also in person).post #70545 of 707372/7/16 at 12:33pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Advice on tuxedos 11 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Purple Label Westley Linen Sportcoat NWT 44R 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...