Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4692post #70366 of 707372/3/16 at 6:34pmpost #70367 of 707372/3/16 at 6:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Moose22
I've got some on order now. If they ever get here I'll give an in-person review, but I think they're a really great looking shoe. I went for dark brown. On the formal side, but not stodgy or too formal.
There's a certain place for understated but stylish and I think they fit that spot perfectly.
Hopefully that will talk you out of it.
I third that. Bought a pair of firsts last spring when they came out and absolutely love them. I think they're one of the nicest shoes I've seen from AE in the past few years. I also got the dark brown, and they are fantastic with much of my dress wardrobe. One note, though: You may have to drop down a half size. I did, and they fit really nicely.
Berniepost #70368 of 707372/3/16 at 6:52pmpost #70369 of 707372/3/16 at 7:00pmQuote:
They will eventually go to $157, if any are left, and will stay at that price for a long time. At that point they might not even have your size left. Ironically, I ordered a pair yesterday. They didn't have any seconds left, so I ended up getting firsts.post #70370 of 707372/3/16 at 7:03pmpost #70371 of 707372/3/16 at 7:04pmis it possible for one shoe to be larger than the other even tho theyre the same size? my left shoe feels a good bit bigger than the right and even looks wider so i measured it and its about a centimeter wider at the widest part of the shoe. the dainite sole is noticeably wider also. almost wondering if they misstamped the shoe a D when its really an Epost #70372 of 707372/3/16 at 7:17pmpost #70373 of 707372/3/16 at 7:32pmQuote:I wear a 13B in the 65 and 108 lasts. I tried on the Cornwalis and Yorktown (1943 last) in a 13B. They were both slightly roomier around the toes -- especially the Yorktown. I felt like the Corwalis would work for me, but not the Yorktown.
Your results may vary.post #70374 of 707372/3/16 at 7:44pmpost #70375 of 707372/3/16 at 10:06pmQuote:
I love the Cornwallis but can't make it work. I'm an 11D is most lasts (108 and 333 fit best), and 11E in the 65. The 11D Cornwallis was waaaay too tight (length and width) in the toebox. 11EE would probably be about right if that was a thing, which it is not. I'd say the 65 is your best barometer - if it's perfect for you, the 1943 might be a bit tight but could work. If it's looser for you, the 1943 could be a good fit. YMMV, of course.post #70376 of 707372/4/16 at 12:37am
Pairs nineteen and twenty—rounding out the family. I was looking for a couple of pairs of Black Balmorals (To go along with my Black Calf “Players Shoe” short wing blucher) and I got 'em.
Took about three months, but I found a pair of gently used “Fairfax” wholecuts with the interesting wingtip “patterned” brogueing AND a gorgeous pair of Black Calf “Carlyles”. Both fit perfectly and have minimal wear—maybe a year and a half-plus or more of wear out from a recrafting.
Total cost of both pairs: $150.00. :)
I'm right where I want to be Allen Edmonds shoe-wise (aside from tall boots—which I already have a few other brands in—Horween Leather USA Made Timberland Coulters, and wingtip-wise a pair of very nice Goodyear Welted John Varvatos')
(Okay...if a pair of 12D-12E “Portland” boots ever came up, I'd be willing to go back to an odd number of AEs, but THAT'S about it. LOL. :) )post #70377 of 707372/4/16 at 4:29ampost #70378 of 707372/4/16 at 6:49ampost #70379 of 707372/4/16 at 7:26ampost #70380 of 707372/4/16 at 7:45amQuote:
Brilliant. And once you start selling off some shoes it gets harder for them to keep up as well. (I had the rod issue as well. Having some excellent rod manufacturers within driving distance doesn't help).
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 1 minute ago
- › RRL Slim Fit Selvedge Denim 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...