Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 6:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4691post #70351 of 707372/3/16 at 4:43pmpost #70352 of 707372/3/16 at 4:52pmpost #70353 of 707372/3/16 at 5:06pmQuote:
I bought a pair of BB Fifth Ave 2nds for $150 last year around April.
It certainly fits a LOT tighter than my non-BB 65 Last shoes (Park Ave and McAllister). I think it's the Poron insole or something filling up some more space than normal AE shoes. I can get pretty small "V's" on my PA and McAllister; the BB FA's is pretty wide. There's a gross joke in there somewhere. And maybe it's just me being stupid, but I swear the FA's feel hotter on my feet after a day's wear.
And they told me they couldn't see what was wrong with them, but they apparently missed the slightly askew cap toe. It's not a BIG deal, but that's exactly the kind of thing I try to avoid in seconds because sometimes that's going to drive me NUTS.
Ultimately I don't regret the purchase, it's certainly better than say, a pair of Ecco's. But I'm not going to resole them if it comes to that, and I'm not exactly considering them the "star" of my rotation.
While I'm at it. I got a pair of McGregors in the sale, and darn if they don't FEEL bigger on my feet than the PA and McAllister. I suppose it's the open lacing, I'm curious if others actually go so far as to size down for that?post #70354 of 707372/3/16 at 5:14pmpost #70355 of 707372/3/16 at 5:23pmpost #70356 of 707372/3/16 at 5:50pmQuote:They may mark them down to $157 at some point. These are close-outs. Will there still be a pair in your size when they drop the price?
Are you willing to take that risk, or would you rather spend $20 and get what you want now?post #70357 of 707372/3/16 at 5:51pmpost #70358 of 707372/3/16 at 5:56pmpost #70359 of 707372/3/16 at 6:00pm
Anyone own the Brooks Brothers football grain Duke loafer? I am realllllly tempted to pick up a pair, even though I already have brown grain Brooks Brothers Kenwood loafers.
I greatly prefer the BB version of the Duke to the AE version. Anyone have any input on the matter and/or photos?
Thanks.post #70360 of 707372/3/16 at 6:01pm
Been gaming on a pair for weeks somewhere, but can find nothing ANYWHERE in an 11.5E-12D.
They only had small (8.5-9.5D) pairs at BCF when I discovered the style and went crazy wanting them...Still hoping to get lucky like you did.
It's an AWESOME looking boot!post #70361 of 707372/3/16 at 6:04pmpost #70362 of 707372/3/16 at 6:05pm
I recently picked up a couple pairs of Strandmoks off eBay, one pair looked almost brand new, but the other has some major discoloration in the toe area. I got them for $85, and knew what I was getting myself into. My question is, is there anyway that this can be dyed somewhat to reduce the long streaks down the sides/ front? They almost look like they were supposed to be dyed this way if you never saw how they're designed. What do you guys think?
Edited by Scubasteve03 - 2/3/16 at 6:30pmpost #70363 of 707372/3/16 at 6:07pmpost #70364 of 707372/3/16 at 6:10pmQuote:
Yeah...I was that kid too. “Just one more pair, just one more pair...” Then I was at ten, then fifteen, and the rotation looked almost perfect aside from a few small holes...
So I just got to the magic round number of twenty—which (delusional as it may seem) is pretty much my goal. Had been at eighteen and then I lucked into a sweet, gently used pair of Black Calf Fairfaxes and for number twenty...a near MINT pair of Black Calf Carlyles.
Between the Fairfaxes, Carlyles and my Black Players Shoe, I'm GOOD I think on my Black Dress Shoe rotation.
With that, for today? Rocking the Black Calf “Haight” Chelsea Boot with the Dainite sole as it is a bit damp out here in NYC—“Pep” caffeinated beverage shot style of course!:post #70365 of 707372/3/16 at 6:13pmI am tired of my brown distressed Pine River; time to transform. I'm gonna go Navy... Hat tip to Watchidiot for the idea. Wanted something for dark wash jeans besides my navy Eagle County. Light washes too, for that matter! 😏
...almost done. It's a process - at least the way I do it. At least five coats of dye, cream and wax each. Trying to decide on acrylic finish.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › £1650 Ferragamo/Tramezza Special Edition 'Milano' 100% Hand-Made... 3 minutes ago
- › £225 Ralph Lauren/Made in Italy Classic-Fit Navy Blue 100% Linen... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › M&S/Nova Fides Italy Anti-Crease 'Linen Miracle' Almond/Stone... 7 minutes ago
- › £175 William Hunt Savile Row/Made in Italy 100% Pure Merino Wool... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 14 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 14 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway