Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4685post #70261 of 707372/1/16 at 6:26pmpost #70262 of 707372/1/16 at 6:39pmpost #70263 of 707372/1/16 at 6:52pmQuote:
Thanks guys. It would probabely be wise on part to go with bourbon as I don't have anything it that color, before they run out of inventory. I like the Mora, Flatiron and Lexington. I am also contemplating the Warwick in dark chili, but I am hesitating as it will most likely be relegated to dress attire only (man, I wish my brown Norwich would work out).
Clark Street is an interesting option that I hadn't thought about. Come to think about it, I have probably ignored it as it is on the 65 last, and it's my least favorite last.post #70264 of 707372/1/16 at 6:57pmThe McTavish is sort of a 65 anomaly to me - I take the same size in 65 balmorals & bluchers, same with these. I felt like they were a "D and a half" width instead of a normal D. I usually have v-gap issues due to high arch - much less pronounced here. Length I thought was standard. @cc808314 I think you'll have fit problems with this one unless you're able to get a B.post #70265 of 707372/1/16 at 7:01pmDecided to break in my bourbon flatirons with a trial by fire, with an early morning flight then working on my feet most of the day. First few hours were going great but towards the end I felt the left shoe cutting into the outside of my ankle. Is that something that will diminish with breaking in? I haven't had that before.post #70266 of 707372/1/16 at 7:02pmpost #70267 of 707372/1/16 at 7:17pmpost #70268 of 707372/1/16 at 7:26pmpost #70269 of 707372/1/16 at 7:26pmQuote:
Yes, but (unless I'm mistaken) I don't see anything in gloriously decadent Dublin leather. I think you've decided to give up smoking by hanging out in a cigar bar.post #70270 of 707372/1/16 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by BL70
Decided to break in my bourbon flatirons with a trial by fire, with an early morning flight then working on my feet most of the day. First few hours were going great but towards the end I felt the left shoe cutting into the outside of my ankle. Is that something that will diminish with breaking in? I haven't had that before.
I have had this with various AE depending on size. E.g. the 8.5 Leeds 2.0 did it on the right foot while the 9 Leeds 2.0 did it on the left foot and not on the right and I didn't have such problems with any of the Leeds 1.0 before at all. I put some moleskin on and after maybe 5 to 10 wears I don't need the moleskin any more. Possibly less if I had let it completely heal first but I didn't want to wait with the breaking inpost #70271 of 707372/1/16 at 8:37pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by middlepP
As a follow-up to my spring post above... Does anyone have any thoughts or comparison shots of the difference between the lighter and darker brown CXL that was offered in the Kirkwood and Maritime?
I have a blue Kirkwood and lighter brown Maritime - and love both of them (despite the Kirkwoods needing to be sent back once and the Maritimes needing 4 tries to be right). Was going to pick up a Kirkwood in brown and wondering if the lighter brown is worth the extra $30-35.
Thanks! Here were the light brown Maritime's (and my pale legs) making their first trip out into the sunshine.
I would say no. I've got the Kirkwoods in "golden" cxl and they look just like your Maritimes. I'm beating up my kirkwoods and haven't conditioned them since I got them. Want to see how cxl looks with heavy duty mileage on them. I've darkened up my white soles pretty good. Whenever I put them on with shorts no sox, I get thirsty for a salt rimmed margaritapost #70272 of 707372/1/16 at 8:41pmDark chili Lexington's on a dainite sole. Such an awesome looking shoe... Can't wait till it gets here. It's going to be an awesome Oregon rainy season shoe.
I don't like ordering by phone- paranoid about getting the shipping address wrong.post #70273 of 707372/1/16 at 10:31pm
So, I still haven't gotten the Cornwallis pair I asked for in the middle of January. Remember, this is the replacement since they couldn't make a pair of The City that I ordered at the beginning of November, so they offered to just send me any other shoe.
It has been two and a half weeks, so I checked in with the rep and got an email back "They haven't shipped. They'll probably go out in the next couple of days." They were in stock when I ordered and still show in stock. I think they forgot about me. In their defense, it has been three months almost, but I'm beginning to feel cursed. Like they've got me on a list of troublemakers since I'm always sending my shoes back, or something, and they're hoping I'll just stop bothering with them.post #70274 of 707372/1/16 at 10:45pmpost #70275 of 707372/1/16 at 11:53pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 21 seconds ago
- › Backpack: Need, but Do Not Like 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Wardrobe questions 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Gentleman's boots for motorbike riding - newbie 26 minutes ago
- › I need someone to tell me to keep this! 29 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 31 minutes ago
- › HOW TO DETERMINE HAND SEWN SLEEVES/SHOULDER 31 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway