Happy Monday everyone! Oxblood Eagle Rivers today. Not the best weather in NYC, but I couldn't resist.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4684post #70247 of 707372/1/16 at 12:02pm
Amazing weather (lots of sun, slight breeze, mid 70s-low 80s) forced me to break my streak of wearing nothing but boots. I decided this weekend that I was pulling out some of the brighter, non-fall/winter colors, if only to will spring into staying. Just had a colleague pass by and say "wow, you're ready for spring." Ummm, exactly! Figured I'd snap another pic to share. I thought the light welt of the McTavish helped round everything out.post #70248 of 707372/1/16 at 12:13pmpost #70249 of 707372/1/16 at 12:14pm
As a follow-up to my spring post above... Does anyone have any thoughts or comparison shots of the difference between the lighter and darker brown CXL that was offered in the Kirkwood and Maritime?
I have a blue Kirkwood and lighter brown Maritime - and love both of them (despite the Kirkwoods needing to be sent back once and the Maritimes needing 4 tries to be right). Was going to pick up a Kirkwood in brown and wondering if the lighter brown is worth the extra $30-35.
Thanks! Here were the light brown Maritime's (and my pale legs) making their first trip out into the sunshine.post #70250 of 707372/1/16 at 12:25pmQuote:
I think many here would recommend you size down. I don't think you would need the 9.5EEE. Is 9.5EE an option?
I think it depends on how the size/lasts you mention above fit. For example, I wear 9D across almost all my AEs (Gobis 8.5D, Rogue 8.5D or E, Kirk/Mari 9B, Carlyle 9E, LBs 9E, and Shakers 9.5D are the outliers - but some of this was based upon availability and planned sock wear) - but my 5-lasted shoes are on the smaller side of 9D.
My McTs fit comfortably (with the V gap closed almost all the way) in 9D. Similar to my Black Hills, but looser than Bleekers and Kenilworths (all 65 bluchers). All my 9D 201s fit wider and with more volume.
Hope this helps.post #70251 of 707372/1/16 at 12:51pmQuote:
I take same size as my 65 lasted bals...so 12eee in 65 lasted bal and 12eee in McTavish...I take 13E in most 511 shoespost #70252 of 707372/1/16 at 12:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
I take same size as my 65 lasted bals...so 12eee in 65 lasted bal and 12eee in McTavish...I take 13E in most 511 shoes
Edit - I have owned the 13E McTavish and found it long and still no enough for my high arch to have an acceptable Vgap - 12eee fit the billpost #70253 of 707372/1/16 at 2:42pmQuote:
I wear 8D in my Daltons (511 last) and 8D in my Sauk Drive's (201 last). Both fit excellent, but the 201 has more volume in the toe box. Not an absurd amount, but noticeable and I actually prefer it.
When I got my McTavish, I sized 8E in the Strand (65 last), and sized the same (8E) in the McT (65 last). My fit was the same in both, except I could get the V-gap to close better on the McT's. The V-Gap on the Strand was still very much acceptable.
I did not find that the McTavish ran long compared to the Strand at all (at least on the interior). The double sole does give it the appearance of a beefier shoe.
Edit: I think if I were you, I would try the 9.5E in the McTavish, based on you experience with the 201. You may end up swimming in 9.5EEE. 9.5EE might be your best fit, but I don't think thats an option. If not 9.5E my next try would be 9EEE.post #70254 of 707372/1/16 at 4:35pmpost #70255 of 707372/1/16 at 4:36pmQuote:
Just to confuse you even more...I'm wear 8.5E for the Rogue (201) and 8.5EE for the Strand and Park Ave (both 65). I found the McTavish to be longer and wider than the other 65 last offerings. The 8.5E McTavish was the correct width for me but I felt it to be a tad too long as I experienced some heel slippage. I went down to 8E and it fit much better.
My feet are on the wide flat side and I have shorter toes so maybe that's why my experience was a bit different from others who have posted. Good luck!post #70256 of 707372/1/16 at 4:47pmpost #70257 of 707372/1/16 at 5:56pmQuote:
I'm 9.5D on the brannock, but 10D fits me perfectly on the 65 last (Black Hills, shell Cambridge with no v-gap, shell Strands like they were crafted around my feet, and McGregors being suede slightly loose). When I first got my McTavishes in 10D, I was quite surprised. I did not find them to run long at all, but I must have high-ish arches, because there was a v-gap with them! I chalked in up to them being the thicker rough leather and it took a few wears for them to break in to feeling like my regular fit. I have not tried the 201 nor the 333 though.post #70258 of 707372/1/16 at 6:00pmQuote:
Paging @csmitty please pick up the white courtesy phone. I think he got a pair last summer. I'm also interested, and hey they're on sale now, but I also am trying to be on a budget this year...post #70259 of 707372/1/16 at 6:01pmpost #70260 of 707372/1/16 at 6:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by cc808314
Please talk me out of McTavish or McGregor The wingtips that already have: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)1. Walnut Madison ParkThanks!
2. Brown Aberdeen
3. Chili grain MacNeil
4. Burgundy MacNeil (will be purchasing)
5. Dark chili Dalton
6. Brown Long Branch
Nope, I've got both and like 'em.. That does seem to be a lot of wingtips though. Nothing else floats your boat? PTB? Captoe?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 29 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 51 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...