The size 8.5EE Strand fits me perfectly . I've tried 8.5E in the McGregor and even when sizing a half width down, it was a lot roomier than the strand just as you mentioned. I then tried an 8E McGregor and I found the length fine but the shoe was just a tad snug. If the McGregor came in EE I believe that sizing down a half and maintaining the width of the 65 last (8EE) would be correct for my foot. I hope this helps.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4680post #70186 of 707371/31/16 at 9:19ampost #70187 of 707371/31/16 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by RitchieBro
I have decided I am going to wear mostly shell going forward for business days. Here is the lineup for the rotation:
Burgundy- MacNeil and Strand
Brown- Strand and Patriot loafers
However, for the occasional day that walnut is needed, the Classic walnut calf Strand will fill that slot. I will also have my CXL Long Branch boots for that need.
Do you think this sounds like a good complete rotation?
I haven't really broken into the loafer world yet and I am curious about your choice of Patriots over the Randolfs or Graysons. Is it because they fit you better?post #70188 of 707371/31/16 at 9:35ampost #70189 of 707371/31/16 at 9:37amHi fellas, looking forward to the sale tomorrow on shoebank. Good luck finding things you want!
I'm on the lookout for a casual shoe to go with dark gray chinos. Think a burgundy or Bourbon McGregor would work?
Edit:meant chili, not burgundy. Also a cognac McTavish in my size on the bank, but not sure if that works with dark gray.post #70190 of 707371/31/16 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
I talked to the manager from the Charleston outlet yesterday - I had actually met her for the first time last year at Freeport. She said she was going to be moving over to the NJ outlet, which is opening in a few weeks. Damn jealous of you guys - she's super nice, best SA easily.
Well thats good to know. Wish I had an opening date, since some have shown interest in a SF meet-up.post #70191 of 707371/31/16 at 10:22ampost #70192 of 707371/31/16 at 10:22am
I love my Dalton boots and they're probably my favorite pair of boots because they can make any of my outfits go from good looking to amazing. I just want to know what you guys think of this creasing. Is it fine? The left paor seems alright but the right pair seems to be creasing in front of the wingtip. What do you guys think?post #70193 of 707371/31/16 at 10:41ampost #70194 of 707371/31/16 at 10:41ampost #70195 of 707371/31/16 at 11:06ampost #70196 of 707371/31/16 at 11:10ampost #70197 of 707371/31/16 at 11:12amQuote:
Can you please share your size across strand, patriot and macneil. I am looking to get Patriot in brown cordovan..post #70198 of 707371/31/16 at 11:15amQuote:
Based on past sales, they don't really lower the price for clearance shoes. Like the shoes which are now going for 127, 157 etc. they stay at the same price even during sales.post #70199 of 707371/31/16 at 11:19ampost #70200 of 707371/31/16 at 11:34am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Is this a four-season shoe? 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Spring Cleaning - Ties, Shirts, Outerwear 22 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...