Just rubbing it in....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4672post #70066 of 707371/28/16 at 10:55pmpost #70067 of 707371/29/16 at 4:24ampost #70068 of 707371/29/16 at 5:02am@redmusic1 When the Kenilworth was current, I completely ignored it. Then with all the pics I figured I'd finally try them. Tried black single oak, smu double oak, and smu stone suede. They're not bad, but they all looked very plain in comparison to all the wings & medallions, I just couldn't get into them. They were like a dressy badlands/black hills. Plus they have that 3 eye thomastown thing going on, so if they're loose at all to start the ankle bowing could be significant. So don't get jealous of chromed out Mario the music man.post #70069 of 707371/29/16 at 5:43amQuote:
Has anyone found an easy way to get the lacquer off? Does it come off with an application of cleaner/conditioner? I have a pair of the BB fifth ave seconds that have it. Not a fan.post #70070 of 707371/29/16 at 5:57ampost #70071 of 707371/29/16 at 6:04amQuote:
Saphir Renomat should do the job, although it depends whether you've polished the shoes straight outta the box... Renomat is a wax stripper but also would strip the factory finish off of the shoes ;)
Edited by smerf - 1/30/16 at 2:57pmpost #70072 of 707371/29/16 at 6:05ampost #70073 of 707371/29/16 at 6:10amQuote:
It's probably the most sober, serious brown shoe you could buy. I would only wear with creases wool trousers, if not a suit.post #70074 of 707371/29/16 at 6:12amQuote:
I have them in bourbon and love the color with jeans.post #70075 of 707371/29/16 at 6:13amQuote:
Get something with a little more personality. At least go for the Fifth Avenue.
That said, some folks will say that balmorals are too dressy for chinos and a jacket. Look for a blucher, perhaps the Yorktown, Lasalle, or Leiden.post #70076 of 707371/29/16 at 6:16am
cross posted this in the Alden thread as I like to share my dopey ways...
Being fairly recent to back wearing denim...and even when I did 20 years ago, was never was a button fly guy...what I find amazing is that I can button 5 buttons then still reach three times for the zipper before realizing I just buttoned the fly...Ieven after not finding the zipper have looked down to see how am I missing it...only to discover what a true idiot I am...just thought I would share.post #70077 of 707371/29/16 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by alexnb
Just got the new suede Strandmok 2.0 in "saddle" suede in and wanted to share the pictures. I was very excited about this shoe, because I've been looking for an oxford in suede that comes in narrow, and there finally is one.
The shoe is unlined, so it is very light (a little too light if you ask me... I would prefer a lined shoe). Additionally, the white sole definitely gives it a more casual look. I will probably explore changing out the sole.
Ultimately, I have to send them back because the "cap" on the right shoe isn't sewn on straight... but I am simply going to exchange them, because I think they are great shoes for wear with jeans.
Those are really nice looking. I've been looking for something to take some of the load off my Rush Streets, and this is the best I've seen in casual. Do you think the unlined is heavy enough for winter wear?post #70078 of 707371/29/16 at 6:44amQuote:Quote:
Hmm, alright thanks guys. I would go for a blucher over these, but I found them in my size for 100 with what looks like barely one wear on them, so I'm just deciding if I can actually wear them without looking overdressedpost #70079 of 707371/29/16 at 7:02amWas thinking of picking up a Lexington or McGregor from the seconds sale, any opinions? Looking for a chili or oxblood, and already own black Fifth Avenue, brown Park Avenue (or vice versa, I always get the names mixed up) and walnut Strands.
And any idea why the McGregor seconds are priced so low? Is it because the firsts have dropped to $199?post #70080 of 707371/29/16 at 7:10am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Lots of Sartoria Partenopea on ebay these days 40 seconds ago
- › NWOT Venanzi Cinnamon Bron Multi Triple Patch Plaid Jacket Sport... 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NIB Crockett & Jones Chelsea 5 Boots Walnut 10D US $640 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 10 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...