or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4664  

post #69946 of 70737

So I ordered some Allen Edmond shoes and they botched the first pair. They made a second pair, unfortunately one of the shoes has a sole that's 1mm thicker than the other. Now these shoes are in 7D so I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make, but I have the option of getting it remade. Should I get it remade? I'm leaning towards I should at the moment because I'll be on my feet all day with these shoes, but I want some alternate opinions. Thanks.

post #69947 of 70737
Gentlemen,

Does anyone have actual photos of Gobi chukka boots in tan saddle that they could share? If I remember correctly, people mentioned that they ran half a size big. Is that the case?

Thanks
post #69948 of 70737
If i find a shoe i want to order on the shoebank site do I just call one of the stores listed? Is there an order form on the site I'm missing?
post #69949 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by david 112358 View Post

If i find a shoe i want to order on the shoebank site do I just call one of the stores listed? Is there an order form on the site I'm missing?

You call or email the store that is listed as having the shoes.
post #69950 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by medici View Post

Should I get it remade? I'm leaning towards I should at the moment because I'll be on my feet all day with these shoes, but I want some alternate opinions. Thanks.

If you are unhappy with them, ship em back.
post #69951 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

Gentlemen,

Does anyone have actual photos of Gobi chukka boots in tan saddle that they could share? If I remember correctly, people mentioned that they ran half a size big. Is that the case?

Thanks

I have a pair, but I am not wearing them today.  I can send a picture later.  Mine have more of a reddish hue.

 

I wear an 11D in the 5 last and I believe my Gobis are 11D as well.  They do run a little bigger, but I tend to wear thicker socks with my boots.

 

I love those boots.  Probably the most comfortable pair of shoes that I own.  I've walked multiple 10+ mile days across Europe in those things without any foot pain.

post #69952 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
 


How does one get rid of some 'hard wear' blemishes and restore a uniform polish?  Do I need to 'strip' the previous polish?  

 

I would throw some conditioner on, then a couple coats of cream polish followed by a coat or two of wax.  Those dark scuffs won't go away, but will blend into the polish.  If you really wanted to hide the scuffs, you could add a darker shade of wax to the toes/heels to "antique" them.  Clean up the welt/heel stack with a damp cloth or some conditioner.

post #69953 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post

You call or email the store that is listed as having the shoes.
. Thanks... Now I'm off to order some dark chili awesomeness
post #69954 of 70737
@cc808314 I know this will be hard with the crazy low price of the Gobi, but id pass if I were you. I went with the same length as most others (down a half size in length), but the toe box is hands down the largest of anything they make. You said you weren't a big fan of the Walton - this is much roomier. My suggestions -

1. See if you can get by with a full size down, they may be too short.

2. Go to the retail store, with the thinnest dress socks possible, and try a Normandy. If you think you could handle more toe box room than that plus a wider heel, then go for the Gobi.

hope this helps -
post #69955 of 70737
Today's cheap carpet, nice shoes: Warwick Wednesday.


Picked these up during the Black Friday Shoebank sale on BB models. Fit is nice, but still not sure on whether it is my style ...
post #69956 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@cc808314 I know this will be hard with the crazy low price of the Gobi, but id pass if I were you. I went with the same length as most others (down a half size in length), but the toe box is hands down the largest of anything they make. You said you weren't a big fan of the Walton - this is much roomier. My suggestions -

1. See if you can get by with a full size down, they may be too short.

2. Go to the retail store, with the thinnest dress socks possible, and try a Normandy. If you think you could handle more toe box room than that plus a wider heel, then go for the Gobi.

hope this helps -

I initially tried my 5-last size (despite warning from Earl at Leeds). Then went down 1/2 in length. I could not have handled 1 whole size down, even in suede, but I'm a little long in my 5 last anyway.
And yes, they are still big. Lose heel, lots and lots of volume in the toe box.

@Neo1, once again great feedback! Thanks for the Normandy comparison, too. They may be my last boot for a while, as I've added a frieburg, long branch, portland, and 2 first aves this fall/winter season.
post #69957 of 70737
Old School - Bridgetons from the late 1990's. Complete with crappy office carpet.
post #69958 of 70737
@cc808314-not calf, but happen to be wearing my snuff suede Gobis today.
post #69959 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

Gentlemen,

Does anyone have actual photos of Gobi chukka boots in tan saddle that they could share? If I remember correctly, people mentioned that they ran half a size big. Is that the case?

Thanks




I go between 11.5D and 12D for my AE shoes. The 12D works best for 65-lasted shoes. Others, I drop down to 11.5, especially if there's additional room in the toe box.

 

For the tan saddle Gobi, I went with an 11.5 D. There is still plenty of room inside. It's definitely made for a higher-volume foot than I have. I briefly considered dropping down to an 11, but I really don't think the length would have worked for me. If it had been suede, it might have worked, but I just wasn't willing to risk it on the tan saddle Gobi. As they stand now, I usually wear them with a thicker sock and they can fit a wool sock with no problems.

If you go with the tan saddle, just realize you're going to have plenty of volume to work with, but the length is pretty much TTS. If you're on the border between 2 sizes, definitely size down. If you envision these as more fall/winter than spring/summer, you might want to go TTS and make up for the volume with thicker socks.

post #69960 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

@cc808314-not calf, but happen to be wearing my snuff suede Gobis today.

gotta get me a pair of those.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...