Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4641post #69602 of 707371/18/16 at 7:01amGents I realized..(just now right). I have too many damn shoes. Going to unload some redundant shoes.
Like park aves in black vs Hopkinson. Since I have parks in black and brown, unloading the black parks.
So do yall fell you have the same pairs?post #69603 of 707371/18/16 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by RitchieBro
Mora Monday, maiden voyage; got these from the flash seconds sale, and they are close to perfect, only issue I see is the back seam on the heel of the left shoe is ever so slightly off center like 1/4 inch. With the requisite peppercorn hot beverage on this COLD morning!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking good! Thats one pair I do need to get. But I see there's only black and bourbon available currently. Maybe I could wait till another cordovan trunk show. I always forget about the DM.post #69604 of 707371/18/16 at 7:11ampost #69605 of 707371/18/16 at 8:40ampost #69606 of 707371/18/16 at 8:41ampost #69607 of 707371/18/16 at 9:58amQuote:
Regarding your Hopkinsons, how do you like them? Any problems with the cap toe or creasing in that area? Is the leather softer and/or grainier like some Indy line offerings in the past? Does that "stich" thing just below the bottom of the laces look as high and wide as it appears on the AE website? Any thoughts would be appreciated. In my rare opportunities to be in a brick and mortar AE store, they've never had this shoe.
* * *
I guess the closest I have to duplications are:
* oxford wingtips and LWB's both in burgundy shell (Cambridges and vintage Florsheim Imperials);
* oxford wingtips and LWB's both in dark brown calf (Jefferson 1.0's and RL x AE Sandersons).
If I were starting from scratch and wishing to adhere to Manton's six shoe "streamlined" set, I would think the Jefferson in brown and the gunboat in burg shell would check a couple of boxes so no need for the Cambridge or Sanderson. However, now that I have them, I can't see tossing any of them. The Cambridge particularly was a bit of a grail for me.post #69608 of 707371/18/16 at 11:08ampost #69609 of 707371/18/16 at 11:10ampost #69610 of 707371/18/16 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by delmar
Somebody needs to buy these and send them in for a recraft. Oh, how I wish they were my size.
Maybe all they need is a good cleaning and polishing but they would look nice with new Dainite soles.post #69611 of 707371/18/16 at 12:00pmpost #69612 of 707371/18/16 at 12:04pmpost #69613 of 707371/18/16 at 12:09pmQuote:Wow, bravo. The coloration/patina on those is outstanding. Really a beautiful color. Wear in good health.Originally Posted by Burzan
Been wearing my Bayfields in the snow a bit this winter but I cleaned them up today, conditioned with Lexol and finished with some VSC. It's my first time using Lexol on cordovan but I am really quite pleased with the results. I do still want to try Bick 4 as a cordovan conditioner.post #69614 of 707371/18/16 at 12:44pm
Very much like how those look. Really want to get some shell after seeing all the nice looking shell shoes here. Concerned about rain - yours seem to look great after exposure to snow. Also reading many bad examples after exposure to rain. Shell can take some weather or better to keep it dry? Or does it depend on the type/quality of the shell?post #69615 of 707371/18/16 at 2:09pm
Brow shell Stands cleaned up and ready to wear this week. I used Lexol, Saphir dark brown cordovan cream, and neutral Saphir paste wax on the toes and heels. First time trying out a coloured cream and it really didn't do much to the shoe in terms of colour to be honest.
Quote:Originally Posted by Dario65
Very much like how those look. Really want to get some shell after seeing all the nice looking shell shoes here. Concerned about rain - yours seem to look great after exposure to snow. Also reading many bad examples after exposure to rain. Shell can take some weather or better to keep it dry? Or does it depend on the type/quality of the shell?
It can handle it and clean up well, however, it can look like crap after exposure to rain or snow until you can get around to cleaning them. Cordovan will get water spots and possibly welts because of the water exposure.
Here is some pics of the boots after the snow day last week.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread just now
- › I need feminism because tumblr 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Church’s Ryder scamosciate Castoro Maracca Suede 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Church’s Ryder Castoro Dark Brown Suede 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...