or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4640  

post #69586 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan08 View Post

Hey guys,

Hoping for your opinion. I picked up the Madison parks at Nordstrom online during their winter sale. Is it worth the hassle to return these?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

@Dan08

I would be more than fine keeping those

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

Those look fine to me.

+1. The heel blemish looks like it should polish out easily, and the sole stitching doesn't look like a structural problem and will essentially be invisible once the soles get some wear.

I'm pretty picky with firsts, but would not return even through AE, which is pretty painless.
post #69587 of 70737

I see the winter leather bomber hat is back in stock.  Thoughts?  I believe they're made by Overland.

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/clothing/outerwear/hats/bomber-hat/SFAE5035.html

 

 

 

 

 

I live in the northeast where it (usually) gets quite cold.  At the risk of looking silly, I'm tempted to get one (in whiskey or castano.)

post #69588 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

I live in the northeast where it (usually) gets quite cold.  At the risk of looking silly, I'm tempted to get one (in whiskey or castano.)

I like the one in Whiskey.

 

And they won't look silly unless you put kitty ears on them or something. If it's cold enough out to justify something like this, people understand.

post #69589 of 70737

By the way, whoever recommended the Bick 4 to me all those months back, thanks.

 

I treated Tony and Blotchy a couple times and let them sit on the shoe trees overnight, put them on yesterday evening before going out, and not a squeak was to be heard. Color hasn't changed at all. I even got complimented on the shoes by a drunk girl, so at least I know Bourbon and dark-grey denim are an attractive combination to the inebriated.

 

 

post #69590 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post


Franciscans have the lowest profile of the monks, I find the Franciscans and Moras I am able to wear in the same size (333 and 108). However I find the Moras more comfortable.
The Warwick just doesn't look or fit right IMO.


I second this.  When I tried on the Franciscans as my first foray into monks, I also tried the Warwick and the Norwich, and both of those just didn't look or fit right.  Too much in the toe box for me.

 

Bernie

post #69591 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-Cherry-Brown-Monk-Strap-Chukka-Boots-9C-St-George-EUC-/281905049297?hash=item41a2d9aed1:g:5WIAAOSwwPhWkWPk

 

Somebody needs to buy these and send them in for a recraft.  Oh, how I wish they were my size.

 

Maybe all they need is a good cleaning and polishing but they would look nice with new Dainite soles.


Those are really sweet.  If they were an 8.5D, I'd jump on them.

 

Bernie

post #69592 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

I see the winter leather bomber hat is back in stock.  Thoughts?  I believe they're made by Overland.

 

bomber hats (Click to show)

 

 

 

I live in the northeast where it (usually) gets quite cold.  At the risk of looking silly, I'm tempted to get one (in whiskey or castano.)

 

 

I bought the light one last year - do not remember the sale but was initially motivated by the discount.

 

It is fantastic; warm and comfortable...invitingly soft.  Led to several shearling purchases, including AE First Aves.

post #69593 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

I see the winter leather bomber hat is back in stock.  Thoughts?  I believe they're made by Overland


I live in the northeast where it (usually) gets quite cold.  At the risk of looking silly, I'm tempted to get one (in whiskey or castano.)

I'm not a fan of bomber hats. But I do have a shearling russian style army hat (Ushanka).

I live in Montreal and hands down that shearling hat is the only hat I've owned so far that has stood up to the cold here, both regular cold weather and wind chill. Not sure how prices are for this kind of thing in the US and if you maybe just want to support AE anyway. I got my hat for $99CAD (Made in Canada with imported fur).
post #69594 of 70737
For those of you waiting for the AE Factory Store in Paramus to open, I was told the current opening date is at the end of February. I think the 22nd. Was told the date keeps getting pushed back do to issues getting permits which delays construction. Very annoying. Been waiting for months for this to open.
post #69595 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvel87 View Post

For those of you waiting for the AE Factory Store in Paramus to open, I was told the current opening date is at the end of February. I think the 22nd. Was told the date keeps getting pushed back do to issues getting permits which delays construction. Very annoying. Been waiting for months for this to open.

 

Does factory store mean they will be selling seconds only?  or just closeout styles?  What's the scoop?

post #69596 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

Does factory store mean they will be selling seconds only?  or just closeout styles?  What's the scoop?

I'm hoping both. I assumed it would be a regular seconds store. However, I was told that it will not be full service and only have racks. I know the one in riverhead, ny is full service. Not sure about the others.
post #69597 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvel87 View Post

For those of you waiting for the AE Factory Store in Paramus to open, I was told the current opening date is at the end of February. I think the 22nd. Was told the date keeps getting pushed back do to issues getting permits which delays construction. Very annoying. Been waiting for months for this to open.

 

Well, at least they are still planning on opening, which is good.  I was starting to worry.

 

Would anyone be interested in a SF Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread meet-up when it opens?  Be cool to knock down the doors on opening day or the first Saturday after they open.  Note to all, Paramus has Blue Laws so no stores on Sundays.

post #69598 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

Well, at least they are still planning on opening, which is good.  I was starting to worry.

Would anyone be interested in a SF Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread meet-up when it opens?  Be cool to knock down the doors on opening day or the first Saturday after they open.  Note to all, Paramus has Blue Laws so no stores on Sundays.

I'm up for it.
post #69599 of 70737


OK! Thats 2 coffee cups.

post #69600 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose22 View Post

By the way, whoever recommended the Bick 4 to me all those months back, thanks.

I treated Tony and Blotchy a couple times and let them sit on the shoe trees overnight, put them on yesterday evening before going out, and not a squeak was to be heard. Color hasn't changed at all. I even got complimented on the shoes by a drunk girl, so at least I know Bourbon and dark-grey denim are an attractive combination to the inebriated.


I LOLed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvel87 View Post

I'm hoping both. I assumed it would be a regular seconds store. However, I was told that it will not be full service and only have racks. I know the one in riverhead, ny is full service. Not sure about the others.

The one in Riverhead may be full service, but it's still TINY. Almost as small as the one on 44th street in NYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

Well, at least they are still planning on opening, which is good.  I was starting to worry.

Would anyone be interested in a SF Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread meet-up when it opens?  Be cool to knock down the doors on opening day or the first Saturday after they open.  Note to all, Paramus has Blue Laws so no stores on Sundays.

im pretty sure my wife would divorce me if I participated in something like this, but please do take plenty of pics with coffee cups so I can live vicariously!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...