Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 2:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4637post #69542 of 707371/16/16 at 6:37ampost #69543 of 707371/16/16 at 7:41amQuote:Originally Posted by watchidiot
X-post from MTO thread Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are lovely. You're making me regret putting my Navy Shell Dundees up for sale.
Also, shameless plug, I'm selling my Navy Shell Dundees and Walnut Shell Daltons (see links in my sig).post #69544 of 707371/16/16 at 8:04amQuote:
I'm not sure what he meant exactly. While people use the term to mean "out of date," it can be acceptably applied to something in the present to indicate that it will go out of style quickly. I could see that. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the squared off toe, but it has grown on me a little. I like the look of the 1943 better overall. It seems less dramatic on the toe, and I like the curves of the waist. It appears more organic to me than the 333.post #69545 of 707371/16/16 at 8:20am
Man, it's not fair to post something that awesome and that unobtainable.
For the longest time, I couldn't understand the appeal of a LWB. The proportions looked odd to me. Then, I stumbled across a pair of 70s era American Gentleman ones, tried them on, and couldn't believe how wrong my preconceptions were. I'm totally sold on them. Seeing your awesome navy shell pair with such great details, like the eyelets, is torture.
Working to fill a couple small holes in my current rotation, but I'm gonna be all over a higher-quality LWB the moment that happens.
Congrats on putting together such a huge home run on that MTO.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #69546 of 707371/16/16 at 8:21ampost #69547 of 707371/16/16 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by yunBW
I'm planning to get a penny loafer from Allen Edmonds ( Walden or Randolph), but i couldn't find many forum reviews about them and in AE website the reviews weren't so good. So, i wonder if their loafer are worth paying for. Also, is brown better than burgundy for casual wear?
I personally like the Kenwood as a classic slip on loafer.post #69548 of 707371/16/16 at 8:30ampost #69549 of 707371/16/16 at 8:36amQuote:
I find them to be a tad narrow. I ordered a pair of Dukes and Kenwoods both in 9D (I am 9E usually but like loafers a bit snug, and plus there were no 9Es in either of them at the time). The Duke fit nearly perfectly, the Kenwood rather tight/narrow in the forefoot. I would probably go up a size (or width if possible).post #69550 of 707371/16/16 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
I find them to be a tad narrow. I ordered a pair of Dukes and Kenwoods both in 9D (I am 9E usually but like loafers a bit snug, and plus there were no 9Es in either of them at the time). The Duke fit nearly perfectly, the Kenwood rather tight/narrow in the forefoot. I would probably go up a size (or width if possible).
What are some other loafer model do u recommend. So, that i have some options to choose from. Thanks!post #69551 of 707371/16/16 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by redmusic1
I'm not sure what he meant exactly. While people use the term to mean "out of date," it can be acceptably applied to something in the present to indicate that it will go out of style quickly. I could see that. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the squared off toe, but it has grown on me a little. I like the look of the 1943 better overall. It seems less dramatic on the toe, and I like the curves of the waist. It appears more organic to me than the 333.
Well said...and I agree..although, I think there is some tradeoff...while I like the 1943 better overall, due to its organic and effortless balance, I dont like it's stubbier, more blunted toebox as much as I would if it were more elongated. However, a toebox doesn't necessarily have to be as elongated as the 333 for it to look elegant, but I think if the 1943 had been just a smidgeon more elongated it would've been the most perfectly elegant last in its price range.post #69552 of 707371/16/16 at 10:21ampost #69553 of 707371/16/16 at 10:45ampost #69554 of 707371/16/16 at 10:51ampost #69555 of 707371/16/16 at 11:26am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...