I picked up a pair last month for the same deal. They're extremely nice looking shoes and extra comfortable for a dress shoe. Great choice if they fit you well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4632post #69466 of 707371/14/16 at 10:40ampost #69467 of 707371/14/16 at 11:45amQuote:
I'm normally a 9.5E on the 108 but can do either 9.5E or 10D with the Mora, using center holes for both buckles in both sizes. Extremely comfortable and good looking shoe if you can get a good pair. Took me 4 rounds to get a decent one and it's still probably going back for imperfections.post #69468 of 707371/14/16 at 11:49am
I did the same over the summer. My "issue" was a problem with one tongue that nobody could possibly see. Otherwise, they are better than any firsts I have tried on.
They are fantastic shoes. They fit OK for me (I'm high instep) and broke in with time. The burnishing looks a little wild at first, but looks great when actually on. The color is darker than other walnuts in general, too, which suits me. Absolutely worth the $177 and probably more.post #69469 of 707371/14/16 at 12:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by shunted22
Anyone have experience with McGregor? It seems like they're not all that popular here but I like them as a casual blucher wingtip. Haven't seen in person though.
I am not a huge fan. My first experience with the model was buying a pair of firsts from a retail store when it was first released ($259 sale), where I found I liked the look of the shoe but the fit was narrow for my foot. As a result I had the store order and ship me the desired color and size (sizing up to an E in width). Upon arrival, the firsts were less acceptable than most seconds I have received. I promptly shipped them back and said I was done with this model. That was until the model came up on sale as seconds in my desired color (Bob's Chili) and E width. While the seconds I now own and wear look and feel better than the firsts I returned, the color of my pair is really more of just a medium burnished brown and the fit is too wide (I sized up to the E because I found the D to be far too narrow). That shoe just may not be for me, but for some reason I have noticed more inconsistent manufacturing in that model than any of my other pairs (color, finishing, and sizing inconsistencies).
Quote:Originally Posted by MattRiv
Just picked up a pair of Walnut Rutledges on the shoe bank for $177, full retail is $495.
Anyone have experience with these?
The 333 is a notoriously long last, so for my Rutledges I sized down in length by half a size and up a size in width (I went from my typical 10D to a 9.5E). Now, that adjustment is not necessarily mandatory, because my Harrisons (also the 333 last) in my normal size fit nicely as well. For $177 the Rutledge is a steal. The fit and finish are brilliant and the appearance is much sleeker than most of my other AE shoes. If I can have a favorite AE shoe in my collection, the Rutledge is it. Here is my pair when they first arrived:post #69470 of 707371/14/16 at 1:17pm
I purchased the Rutledges in my normal AE size (11 D on the 5 last, which fit me like a glove) and the sales rep recommended I stay with that. I hope they are in a good shape an dfit, because she told me that my 11 D was probably the last of it's kind.post #69471 of 707371/14/16 at 2:25pmQuote:
Nice. I'll miss the 333, too. I have them in black Boca Raton, walnut Universities, and my recently purchased bourbon Larchmonts.post #69472 of 707371/14/16 at 4:11pmpost #69473 of 707371/14/16 at 4:14pmpost #69474 of 707371/14/16 at 4:55pmQuote:
Not sure what they say, but having been involved in a lot of warranty shipping for a major US retailer, don't include anything in the box other than what is being serviced. Anything misplaced or damaged is not their responsibility because it isn't under warranty. Don't take a chance. If the shoes haven't been worn for serval days before you ship them, there shouldn't be any ramifications for removing the shoe trees.post #69475 of 707371/14/16 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie
This is killing me. So tempted by the Dark Chocolate ones. Arrrrrrgh! Why does the kid need braces?
I would have jumped on a couple of others if they had the colors I want. Love that Odenwald at $155, but it's only for black. Neumoks at $145 is pretty decent, but I'd rather go with blue than brown.
Outside of the Daltons, there's really nothing that jumps out at me for my rotation.Quote:
Come! Join the Darkside.post #69476 of 707371/14/16 at 5:40pmpost #69477 of 707371/14/16 at 5:43pm
Paul Grangaard did an AMA on r/malefashionadvice today. He dropped hints about a lot of upcoming models - the Brisbane and Cheetah sneakers, Sea Island beefroll loafers, Liverpool chelsea boots, suede double monks, brogue captoe monk, Shelton 2.0, and a shortwing austerity brogue (yesssssssss).post #69478 of 707371/14/16 at 6:10pm
The two newest pairs of shoes that will be added to my shoe collection.
Park Avenue / Cambridge in Brown Cordovan 9E
Although there are many fans of Alden's cordovan shoes, I believe Allen Edmonds crafts quite a good cordovan shoe as well.
Shoes fit VERY well. Normally these shoes in the calfskin variant are a little too snug for me, causing a rather lack of comfort. Because cordovan leather is a bit more difficult to stretch onto the last, the shoe is just a slight bit roomier as well. Due to this small difference, the shoes are PERFECT for my feet!
Decided to place an order for a black cordovan Park Avenue as well . If any of you gentleman have any questions, feel free to ask! I would love to share whatever knowledge I can.
Cheerspost #69479 of 707371/14/16 at 6:11pmEvening gents. I haven't posted here before, but I hope you all are enjoying your Allen Edmonds. AE seconds sale is out. I've been eyeing the strand and it's style for years. Almost bought a similar CJ model a year or two ago and have had an active 2015 in acquiring new shoes. 2016 is starting off on a fast pace as well😳. I've put the strand cordovan shoe in my basket numerous times and never pulled the trigger. I like that their CEO spends time responding to customer questions and has a real passion for the product. I find that commitment to buyers of the brand outstanding. Shopped the sale today and you just can't beat the Strand in brown for $200. Well you could if it was the cordovan model😉. That shoe at that price may be one of the best values in shoes. I don't even know how often it will see foot time as I don't wear suits often any more, but I'll just have to find the time once in a while!
Also, it will be interesting to see if and how the MTO program comes back. That may be a lot of fun!
Cheers🍻post #69480 of 707371/14/16 at 6:21pmI posted this today in the wrong forum, lol:
Hi guys, what do you think of this Ascher and Lasalle? I recieved them by mailpost A few days ago, and I really love them. I don't know why this brand is not very popular in France, but to me the quality of the leather and the build are on par with Carmina (judging by the two pairs I just recieved). I think it is underrated brand.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Blazer 38/48 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar shell LHS 9.5C 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...