or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4614  

post #69196 of 70737

So sad. Thought I'd pick these up on clearance on the cheap. Firsts purchased via the website. Obvious weird stripes that can't be normal. Not sure how this passes as acceptable. On the flip side, they are quite comfortable - nevertheless, back they go.

post #69197 of 70737

@ace13x  great pics...those are great seconds especially for a cheap webgem special...Eyelets alighn and wings are centered...those are keepers all day

post #69198 of 70737
Definitely agree with Kahuna. My SD seconds have sides that are a gazillion shades darker than the rest of the boots. Almost going into dark brown, while the rest is more reddish. Different shades on both boots too. The ones I sent back for size didn't have that. Still love my SD and I'm keeping them too. I'm just having the eyelets repaired that were scratching the tongue and the laces.

I have the same striping across the vamp on one boot only and it quickly started looking similar enough between the two after a few wears that I think it's no problem at all.
post #69199 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

@ace13x  great pics...those are great seconds especially for a cheap webgem special...Eyelets alighn and wings are centered...those are keepers all day

 

Thank you.  I feel the same about them being keepers, the pictures: meh. :-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkun View Post

Definitely agree with Kahuna. My SD seconds have sides that are a gazillion shades darker than the rest of the boots. Almost going into dark brown, while the rest is more reddish. Different shades on both boots too. The ones I sent back for size didn't have that. Still love my SD and I'm keeping them too. I'm just having the eyelets repaired that were scratching the tongue and the laces.

I have the same striping across the vamp on one boot only and it quickly started looking similar enough between the two after a few wears that I think it's no problem at all.

 

Yeah, forgot about that, as I was unlacing to take them off, the top eyelet pricked my finger.  I haven't had a chance to take a really good look at all the eyelets, but I'm fairly sure its just some flashing that I can take care of myself.

 

I really don't have a huge shading problem.  Its just the somewhat rough texture on one side of one boot and the marbling on the other.  I kind of like the marbling and wouldn't mind if were to develop on the other boot as it wears (I don't think it will.)  The ripples in the vamp probably will as you suggested.

post #69200 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

This immediately caught my eye.  A small depression,  at first I thought maybe it was the cow...

Same depression on the right boot.

Those poor depressed cows.
post #69201 of 70737

Just one more thing I wanted to add as a general note.  They look great at a normal viewing distance. i.e. on my feet.  While I completely agree that as a consumer you should feel completely right to return an item for flaws you feel you can't live with, there are things that are simply inherent to a product made of largely natural materials, largely by human hands.  As Peppercorn could attest relating to a recent AE quality thread, there are things that only you will notice and no-one else will, on parts of a shoe/boot that will wear with use anyway.  The picture I took of the "faults" were all extreme close ups.

post #69202 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Those poor depressed cows.


Que the Sarah McLachlan.

post #69203 of 70737

These are for sale on eBay.  Do you think the come with the BCF anti-theaft device?

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Weak.

post #69204 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbeck View Post

My new Bourbon Strands. I love the color. No noticeable tiger stripes ... can't see anything that I would consider a flaw.

 

They look great. Only thing wrong with those is that I don't fit in the last so well.

 

Bourbon and the brogueing just work nicely together.

post #69205 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

I decided to pull the trigger on Sauk Dr. Seconds.  I went with the seconds because, well they had no more firsts in my size, though I think with this type of leather the difference is lessened.  The extra bucks I saved really didn't factor into my decision as they were pretty inexpensive to begin with.  So on to the pictures and my thoughts afterwards:

They look really good from way up here. BTW, they are laced differently.  Not sure if I wanted to go with my usual over-under-over or under-over-under.









Flaws or not, these are gorgeous
post #69206 of 70737

Do my eyes deceive me?

 

Am I the only one who can see the return of BB models on Shoebank - pics and all?

 

Is this really a Thing?

 

Please - ANYONE - how does the 2592 last / Duke fit?

post #69207 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGY1atTMW View Post

Do my eyes deceive me?

Am I the only one who can see the return of BB models on Shoebank - pics and all?

Is this really a Thing?

Holy cow!!! You're right; I see 'em too.

Guess the rumored LBO of the whole BB Shoebank inventory didn't go through?
post #69208 of 70737
Correct me if I"m wrong, but AE won't do the recrafting if the sole has been replaced by a different cobbler, correct?
post #69209 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post


Holy cow!!! You're right; I see 'em too.

Guess the rumored LBO of the whole BB Shoebank inventory didn't go through?


LOL @ LBO BB Shoebank...too good

post #69210 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGY1atTMW View Post

Do my eyes deceive me?

Am I the only one who can see the return of BB models on Shoebank - pics and all?

Is this really a Thing?

Please - ANYONE - how does the 2592 last / Duke fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

Holy cow!!! You're right; I see 'em too.

Guess the rumored LBO of the whole BB Shoebank inventory didn't go through?

My SA told me that the removal of them from the site was to combat the mass response of the $99 sale. Many of the highly requested models were sold out right away that day and the website only updates once a day. So to try and slow down the calls/emails for items no longer available they took them down. No lot sale existed.

Just what he told me, no clue why it took so long for them to come back though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...