So sad. Thought I'd pick these up on clearance on the cheap. Firsts purchased via the website. Obvious weird stripes that can't be normal. Not sure how this passes as acceptable. On the flip side, they are quite comfortable - nevertheless, back they go.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4614post #69197 of 707371/7/16 at 4:20pmpost #69198 of 707371/7/16 at 4:48pmDefinitely agree with Kahuna. My SD seconds have sides that are a gazillion shades darker than the rest of the boots. Almost going into dark brown, while the rest is more reddish. Different shades on both boots too. The ones I sent back for size didn't have that. Still love my SD and I'm keeping them too. I'm just having the eyelets repaired that were scratching the tongue and the laces.
I have the same striping across the vamp on one boot only and it quickly started looking similar enough between the two after a few wears that I think it's no problem at all.post #69199 of 707371/7/16 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
@ace13x great pics...those are great seconds especially for a cheap webgem special...Eyelets alighn and wings are centered...those are keepers all day
Thank you. I feel the same about them being keepers, the pictures: meh. :-)Quote:Originally Posted by tharkun
Definitely agree with Kahuna. My SD seconds have sides that are a gazillion shades darker than the rest of the boots. Almost going into dark brown, while the rest is more reddish. Different shades on both boots too. The ones I sent back for size didn't have that. Still love my SD and I'm keeping them too. I'm just having the eyelets repaired that were scratching the tongue and the laces.
I have the same striping across the vamp on one boot only and it quickly started looking similar enough between the two after a few wears that I think it's no problem at all.
Yeah, forgot about that, as I was unlacing to take them off, the top eyelet pricked my finger. I haven't had a chance to take a really good look at all the eyelets, but I'm fairly sure its just some flashing that I can take care of myself.
I really don't have a huge shading problem. Its just the somewhat rough texture on one side of one boot and the marbling on the other. I kind of like the marbling and wouldn't mind if were to develop on the other boot as it wears (I don't think it will.) The ripples in the vamp probably will as you suggested.post #69200 of 707371/7/16 at 5:14pmpost #69201 of 707371/7/16 at 5:14pm
Just one more thing I wanted to add as a general note. They look great at a normal viewing distance. i.e. on my feet. While I completely agree that as a consumer you should feel completely right to return an item for flaws you feel you can't live with, there are things that are simply inherent to a product made of largely natural materials, largely by human hands. As Peppercorn could attest relating to a recent AE quality thread, there are things that only you will notice and no-one else will, on parts of a shoe/boot that will wear with use anyway. The picture I took of the "faults" were all extreme close ups.post #69202 of 707371/7/16 at 5:15pmpost #69203 of 707371/7/16 at 5:32pmpost #69204 of 707371/7/16 at 6:01pmpost #69205 of 707371/7/16 at 6:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ace13x
I decided to pull the trigger on Sauk Dr. Seconds. I went with the seconds because, well they had no more firsts in my size, though I think with this type of leather the difference is lessened. The extra bucks I saved really didn't factor into my decision as they were pretty inexpensive to begin with. So on to the pictures and my thoughts afterwards:
They look really good from way up here. BTW, they are laced differently. Not sure if I wanted to go with my usual over-under-over or under-over-under.
Flaws or not, these are gorgeouspost #69206 of 707371/7/16 at 7:05pmpost #69207 of 707371/7/16 at 7:31pmpost #69208 of 707371/7/16 at 7:40pmpost #69209 of 707371/7/16 at 7:50pmpost #69210 of 707371/7/16 at 7:55pmQuote:Quote:
My SA told me that the removal of them from the site was to combat the mass response of the $99 sale. Many of the highly requested models were sold out right away that day and the website only updates once a day. So to try and slow down the calls/emails for items no longer available they took them down. No lot sale existed.
Just what he told me, no clue why it took so long for them to come back though.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 48 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot Company 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...