or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4602  

post #69016 of 70737

Hi all - looked through the last few pages, but didn't see anything mentioned... anyone have a clue to as when the next sale on seconds will be?

Thanks in advance!

post #69017 of 70737

Hey gang,

 

Just received a pair of oxblood strands (first quality). 

Phenomenal color...

 

Alas, noticed some odd stitching on the right shoe's rear seam. Cause for concern?

Return? 

 

 

post #69018 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrik13 View Post

Hi all - looked through the last few pages, but didn't see anything mentioned... anyone have a clue to as when the next sale on seconds will be?


Thanks in advance!

According to a user here, there will be one on the 14th.
post #69019 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

According to a user here, there will be one on the 14th.

Yes, 14th - 19th
post #69020 of 70737
post #69021 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Should I jump on this?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Wingtips/MH00203,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00203_Color=BRWN&dwvar_MH00203_Size=08_D&contentpos=33&cgid=0494

It's 40% off right now or will it dip even lower?

"He who hesitates is lost."

 

The general opinion I have seen on the forum is that you should evaluate the product and just decide if it represents a good value at the time you see it. If so, pull the trigger. Yes, it may lower later, but this is not guarantee that it will, and if it does, there is no guarantee that they will still have your 8D size. Most of the time I find waiting means you will not get the shoe. Go ahead. The holidays were rough and you deserve it.

post #69022 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Should I jump on this?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Wingtips/MH00203,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00203_Color=BRWN&dwvar_MH00203_Size=08_D&contentpos=33&cgid=0494

It's 40% off right now or will it dip even lower?


If they wind up clearancing them altogether, they could go %50 off, but no lower. I would have jumped on them if it hadn't been for the insole. Not enough of a fan of the BB fit on me due to the poron insole to pull the trigger. 

post #69023 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSaintLoup View Post
 

Hey gang,

 

Just received a pair of oxblood strands (first quality). 

Phenomenal color...

 

Alas, noticed some odd stitching on the right shoe's rear seam. Cause for concern?

Return? 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

It wouldn't bother me unless it affected fit. Looks purely cosmetic to me and unnoticeable if you wear a full break in your trousers. But, in the end, its your money, not mine. 

post #69024 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSaintLoup View Post

Hey gang,



 



Just received a pair of oxblood strands (first quality). 



Phenomenal color...



 



Alas, noticed some odd stitching on the right shoe's rear seam. Cause for concern?



Return? 



 





 



 



That would bother me as well. I think I'd probably return them.
post #69025 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Should I jump on this?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Wingtips/MH00203,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00203_Color=BRWN&dwvar_MH00203_Size=08_D&contentpos=33&cgid=0494

It's 40% off right now or will it dip even lower?

 

If you want an unlined suede wing tipped oxford on the AE 65 last - and you can wear a "D" - then that is a good price.  I wouldn't wait.

 

Note: this is almost certainly the suede Neumok, now out of production (I think) so there likely won't be any more.

 

Note #2:  This is a very comfortable shoe but the natural colored split welt & edge pretty much limits it (to me) to casual use.  I wish something like this were offered by AE lined, with a flat welt and darker edge.

 

Al that said, it is a great value if you are looking for a casual suede shoe.

post #69026 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Should I jump on this?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Wingtips/MH00203,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00203_Color=BRWN&dwvar_MH00203_Size=08_D&contentpos=33&cgid=0494

It's 40% off right now or will it dip even lower?

Huh, pretty tempting deal. Would you guys wear those shoes with jeans?
post #69027 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

Can anyone say how the Patriot loafer fits? I have a hard time with the Alden LHS b/c of the low vamp - anyone know if this is similar?

 

If you have a high instep, being forced to wear one in your normal size would constitute "cruel and unusual punishment" in contravention of the Eighth Amendment.  I even went up half a size and literally could not get it on my foot.

post #69028 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post

If you have a high instep, being forced to wear one in your normal size would constitute "cruel and unusual punishment" in contravention of the Eighth Amendment.  I even went up half a size and literally could not get it on my foot.

ok thanks. yeah I didn't think I had a high instep until I tried on some Alden loafers. sounds like these won't work in my normal size either (or be close)
post #69029 of 70737
It is the Neumok from AE. I would wear it with chino's and jeans myself but I don't see why you won't be able to wear them with dress pants
post #69030 of 70737
@makewayhomer Keep in mind width has a lot to do with it also. He's a wide width, I'm like C/D. The Patriot was the first loafer from AE where the vamp wasn't low enough to kill me. Love em - and that's in the same size I use 99% of the time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...