or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4574  

post #68596 of 70737
Thanks for the advice. I'll bring them in to the local store and see if I can get an exchange.

For my future reference, are any of the flaws generally thought to be acceptable, individually?
post #68597 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post

Thanks for the advice. I'll bring them in to the local store and see if I can get an exchange.

For my future reference, are any of the flaws generally thought to be acceptable, individually?

I would be fine with everything except that huge gouge in the back. Yuck.
post #68598 of 70737
Happy holidays!!

post #68599 of 70737
I have a chukka dark chili color with those tiger lines coming through the color.

Do these lines go away with polish or is this permanent? What causes these tiger lines to manifest throughout the color of the shoes?

Thanks in advance.
post #68600 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post

I have a chukka dark chili color with those tiger lines coming through the color.

Do these lines go away with polish or is this permanent? What causes these tiger lines to manifest throughout the color of the shoes?

Thanks in advance.

It's a burnishing error. They are barely visible IRL. I amped up the contrast for artistic effect.
post #68601 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbeck View Post

Sporting my new cognac McTavishes today. They came in Friday evening.
fb1f2b9b2fdceafb9452eb236ad43162.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

 

I've got the same dark round spot on my Cognac McTavishes.  Anyone know how to fix/remove that?

post #68602 of 70737
Is today the first day of winter? If so, nothing less fitting than some Kirkwoods.
post #68603 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Is today the first day of winter? If so, nothing less fitting than some Kirkwoods.
I believe tomorrow is the solstice, but I'll give ya a thumb anyway.

Edit: so I just checked and winter begins at 11:48pm est, so I guess that technically makes today the solstice wink.gif
post #68604 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

It's a burnishing error. They are barely visible IRL. I amped up the contrast for artistic effect.
but does it go away with polish and brushing?or is it permanent?
post #68605 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmss View Post

but does it go away with polish and brushing?or is it permanent?

Um...maybe?

It never bothered me enough to make a serious effort. I do know that Saphir has taken off some of the burnishing in general.
post #68606 of 70737

All cleaned up and ready for my last few days of work before the holidays.

 

 

 

 

post #68607 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

All cleaned up and ready for my last few days of work before the holidays.

 

 

 

 

I LOVE that floor.  Nice shoes, too!

post #68608 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

All cleaned up and ready for my last few days of work before the holidays.

 

 

 

 


Did you have a cobbler replace the soles and welt on those? They look awesome

post #68609 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
 

I LOVE that floor.  Nice shoes, too!

 

 

Haha the flooring is actually a nice compliment as that is the industry I work in. Hardwood look tile, beautiful stuff and a great shoe backdrop.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexnb View Post
 


Did you have a cobbler replace the soles and welt on those? They look awesome

 

Sun faded burgundy cordovan Leeds, had the soles and welt changed out from AE.

 

 

post #68610 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


I would be fine with everything except that huge gouge in the back. Yuck.

 

Took them in... those Clark Streets are closeouts, so they couldn't replace them.  The sales associate offered me a pair of seconds for the sale price I originally paid ($199 for firsts).  Rejected that and put the $199 toward some strandmoks.

 

Pretty disappointed since I thought the sale price for the Clark Streets was a steal.  But I have been eyeing the strandmoks, so not all bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...