Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4547post #68191 of 7073712/9/15 at 3:54pmTo go along with the theme of the recent posts, I have a pair of dark chili Daltons with the new AE shinny finishing. I'd like to tone down some of that finishing as it looks very platicy, and squeaks a lot. I guess, my attempts to remove it will destroy the burnished effect. Any recommendations?post #68192 of 7073712/9/15 at 5:55pmpost #68193 of 7073712/9/15 at 7:08pm@mcbeck congrats, I'm in the same boat and just bought the same shoe. Park Avenue in burnished brown. Had to take advantage of the student offer .
The AE sales rep talked me into buying the following: waterproofing (but I read that was only for mok and suede shoes, it makes calfskin leather peel or causes discoloration?), a horsehair brush, conditioner and dark brown polish. I was going to sit down this weekend figure out what I'm supposed to do. Hopefully I don't ruin anything.
I also bought a pair of Badlands in brown and the La Merche in terra Dallas. I have no idea what sort of polish I'm supposed to use on terra Dallas.
I hesitate to turn this into a shoe care thread since there is one already, just wanted to let you know you aren't the only new person in the AE club .post #68194 of 7073712/9/15 at 8:18pmQuote:
I went into a store during RDA to buy a pair of strands. They had a Cornwallis in my size (they don't carry much in E width). They seemed to fit about like the 65 to me. I have a high instep so they have a bit too much lace gap. The Strand does also, but I love the walnut strand so I bought it anyway.post #68195 of 7073712/9/15 at 8:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by nbj08
Shameless eBay plug:
Lowered price to $229 OR BEST OFFER!
I've had these shoes too long, guys - take 'em off my hands!
If only they were my size.post #68196 of 7073712/10/15 at 5:14ampost #68197 of 7073712/10/15 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by cc808314
To go along with the theme of the recent posts, I have a pair of dark chili Daltons with the new AE shinny finishing. I'd like to tone down some of that finishing as it looks very platicy, and squeaks a lot. I guess, my attempts to remove it will destroy the burnished effect. Any recommendations?
I would use a warm damp rag and wipe them down and brush then apply a few applications of leather lotion that should tone them down a bit without ruining the burnishpost #68198 of 7073712/10/15 at 6:18ampost #68199 of 7073712/10/15 at 6:20ampost #68200 of 7073712/10/15 at 6:21ampost #68201 of 7073712/10/15 at 6:22ampost #68202 of 7073712/10/15 at 7:23ampost #68203 of 7073712/10/15 at 7:33ampost #68204 of 7073712/10/15 at 8:01ampost #68205 of 7073712/10/15 at 8:08am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 25 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 28 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 34 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...