Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4545post #68161 of 7073712/9/15 at 5:43ampost #68162 of 7073712/9/15 at 5:44ampost #68163 of 7073712/9/15 at 5:46ampost #68164 of 7073712/9/15 at 6:57amQuote:In contrast to bathiel (which autocorrects to batgirl somehow), I found the 1943 (Cornwallis) last much smaller (both shorter and narrower). A half size up was a bit too loose, haven't been able to try a width up yet. A Cornwallis in my 65 last size could potentially work, but I have a feeling it will not even after break in.
YMMV, of course - I have a low volume foot that is a bit wide at the ball with long toes so I have had issues with some lasts. The 108 actually fits me pretty well, for example.post #68165 of 7073712/9/15 at 7:08ampost #68166 of 7073712/9/15 at 7:38ampost #68167 of 7073712/9/15 at 9:32amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by jet-stream
In contrast to bathiel (which autocorrects to batgirl somehow), I found the 1943 (Cornwallis) last much smaller (both shorter and narrower). A half size up was a bit too loose, haven't been able to try a width up yet. A Cornwallis in my 65 last size could potentially work, but I have a feeling it will not even after break in.
YMMV, of course - I have a low volume foot that is a bit wide at the ball with long toes so I have had issues with some lasts. The 108 actually fits me pretty well, for example.
I have long toes as well, but seem to have a touch of room in the toe box with my 65 last size. However, my ball seems to fit well in a 9.5D or 10D. I have both, but tend to feel more comfortable with thinner socks in the 9.5D. If I wind up trying the Cornwallis, I will probably try the 10D first. It would be nice if AE actually had a description of how they intend the 1943 to fit compared to other lasts. It is a beautiful shoe, but with no AE store within four hours of where I live, the lack of description increases my reluctance to enter into weeks of back and forth shipping trying to be sized appropriately.post #68168 of 7073712/9/15 at 9:42ampost #68169 of 7073712/9/15 at 9:50ampost #68170 of 7073712/9/15 at 10:06ampost #68171 of 7073712/9/15 at 10:07ampost #68172 of 7073712/9/15 at 10:21ampost #68173 of 7073712/9/15 at 10:32amQuote:
I had a question about the care for my brown burnished Park Avenues.
Would I use the normal conditioner cleaner, followed by the polish .... or only some saddle soap? I was a little confused looking at the care instructions on the Allen Edmonds page: http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/dress-shoes/park-avenue-cap-toe-oxfords/SF270.html?dwvar_SF270_color=5610#sz=63&start=1
QUOTE: "When caring for your calfskin, use Allen Edmonds Conditioner Cleaner to remove surface residue and to keep leather soft and pliable. To achieve a fine luster, wipe shoes with a damp cloth and allow them to air dry at room temperature. Then, apply a coat of Allen Edmonds Premium Shoe Polish with a cloth or horsehair dauber and allow to air dry.
Our new Dark Chili and Oxblood burnished leathers can be cleaned using a damp cloth to remove dirt and any residue. Follow by using a soft cloth to apply our Allen Edmonds Saddle Soap which cleans all smooth leather shoes while restoring the leather's natural oils." END QUOTE
I wasn't sure if the saddle soap treatment only applies to the Oxblood burnished leather and not the brown.post #68174 of 7073712/9/15 at 10:33amQuote:Quote:
I read a blurb (in the NY Post) that said Men's Warhorse (which now owns Jos. A. Bank) had done away with its buy 1 get 3 promotions. It was cited as the reason for missing earnings. Link to a more detailed article in the Wall Street Journal:
Don't know for sure if it applies to shoe trees.
Edited by ace13x - 12/9/15 at 10:59ampost #68175 of 7073712/9/15 at 10:42amQuote:Originally Posted by ace13x
I read a blurb (in the NY Post) that said Men's Warhorse (which now owns Jos. A. Bank) had done away with its buy 1 get 3 promotions. It was sited as the reason for missing earnings. Link to a more detailed article in the Wall Street Journal:
Don't know for sure if it applies to shoe trees.
I have been watching them and last week it was $25 for one reduced to $18.75. Then it returned to $25 for 4-5 days. Today they are reduced to $15. I was personally hoping to see them at $10 again and I would buy another 5. Buy 1 and get three free would be preferred, but I will take what I can get.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 29 seconds ago
- › Dress in Academia 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 10 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Ideas for Sartoria Formosa Spring/Summer 2017 - Cast your Vote! 13 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...