or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4518  

post #67756 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

There are four colors of leather for this boot.

1. Black
2. Chili
3. Medium brown
4. Dark brown.

Then there is the Brooks Brothers model, which uses the medium brown with a signature tartan panel rather than the Harris Tweed on the Allen Edmonds branded versions.

I have three pairs. The dark brown, the medium brown, and the medium brown Brooks Brothers version. I love all three.

The medium brown is chromexcel right?
post #67757 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtSAA45 View Post


My size fifth avenues sold out pretty quick at Port Washington. confused.gif

Only thing left in my size is the Walnut Strand for $99. Don't really need them and don't believe they would fit well. 

post #67758 of 70737

Wore my khaki (grain) McTavishes today........

post #67759 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

The medium brown is chromexcel right?

No it is regular calfskin as far as I can tell. It just happens to be very similar in color to the golden brown CXL.
post #67760 of 70737

Apparently sometime a couple hours ago they removed the Brooks Brothers models from the shoebank website; however, I had a browser tab open with a pair I was considering, and when I refresh it's still there.  I'm wondering if they just were getting assaulted by phone calls and were trying to reduce this for a bit?  Or the same was somehow a mistake (doubt it)?  Weird.

post #67761 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Apparently sometime a couple hours ago they removed the Brooks Brothers models from the shoebank website; however, I had a browser tab open with a pair I was considering, and when I refresh it's still there.  I'm wondering if they just were getting assaulted by phone calls and were trying to reduce this for a bit?  Or the same was somehow a mistake (doubt it)?  Weird.

You can try calling a store and just asking for a model to see if they have it.
post #67762 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvel87 View Post

You can try calling a store and just asking for a model to see if they have it.

I was able to reserve my order before they took them all down. Just ordered the Shaker boot for $99.

Isn't that 80% off?

One of the best deals of the year, in my opinion.
post #67763 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

I was able to reserve my order before they took them all down. Just ordered the Shaker boot for $99.

Isn't that 80% off?

One of the best deals of the year, in my opinion.
Are you the guy that purchased the 8.5 Browns? I had called and reserved the pair yesterday afternoon. But, apparently, someone was in line before me when I called back today in the morning, according to Crystal from the Jefferson Ohio outlet.
post #67764 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


I was able to reserve my order before they took them all down. Just ordered the Shaker boot for $99.

Isn't that 80% off?

One of the best deals of the year, in my opinion.

 

You'll love them.  So comfy, and I love the look of them myself.

post #67765 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

Are you the guy that purchased the 8.5 Browns? I had called and reserved the pair yesterday afternoon. But, apparently, someone was in line before me when I called back today in the morning, according to Crystal from the Jefferson Ohio outlet.

Yeah, that was me. If they don't work out, do you want them?
post #67766 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Yeah, that was me. If they don't work out, do you want them?

What a small world smile.gif yes, I would be very interested. Please keep me posted
post #67767 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

You'll love them.  So comfy, and I love the look of them myself.

I'm pretty excited about them. I needed a good fall boot, but didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars. This fits the bill!
post #67768 of 70737
I think that I slightly prefer the fit of my 12D brown Clark Streets over my 13B natural Clark Streets.
post #67769 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

What a small world smile.gif yes, I would be very interested. Please keep me posted

Will do. Will only charge shipping.
post #67770 of 70737
Nordst
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Mine were AE fall collection 2013. They had chili and brown and a very small run of black (wish I had bought).
Nordstrom Rack has the black online.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...