or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4513  

post #67681 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertson View Post
 


Because it is a rather nice and comfortable shoe for $150. I didn't see any defects with the seconds. I bought it for winter use, so even though it only works with wool socks for me when the lacing is closed, it still just barely works. (They are 10.5 B)


Right after I asked, I thought about and realized, huh, that's probably the only one that you could get in a B width.  Looks like that was true - tough break.  The BB styles are available in B widths though, they're just not too common.  Did you ever try a Wilbert in an A-width?  That might work.

post #67682 of 70737



My walnut Madison Park derbys just arrived but I see Nordstrom now offers the dark chili color. Should I return the walnut for dark chili?! I don't have any chili shoes and already have the walnut Mcallisters.

Would dark blue jeans look better with the walnut or dark chili shoes above?
post #67683 of 70737

Is there a black friday sale at the outlets?

post #67684 of 70737
@keepsake89

I have the Lasalle in chili (before all these variations of chili came out) and I LOVE the color. I also wear walnut with navy but for max versatility I would go with the dark chili
post #67685 of 70737
Since it's "dark chili" it's probably not as orange as regular chili, which is good cus I don't want orangey shoes lol. I think I will have to exchange my walnut for the dark chili.
post #67686 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 


Right after I asked, I thought about and realized, huh, that's probably the only one that you could get in a B width.  Looks like that was true - tough break.  The BB styles are available in B widths though, they're just not too common.  Did you ever try a Wilbert in an A-width?  That might work.


That's a good idea! I should try that.

post #67687 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post




My walnut Madison Park derbys just arrived but I see Nordstrom now offers the dark chili color. Should I return the walnut for dark chili?! I don't have any chili shoes and already have the walnut Mcallisters.

Would dark blue jeans look better with the walnut or dark chili shoes above?

Can you post some pics of them before you return them for the other color?

I was thinking about getting a pair in dark chili, actually, as I already have the RL Sanderson (long wing) in Walnut.
post #67688 of 70737

I posted this previously but didn't get a reply.  What's the best way to lighten up a pair of dark brown PA's?  They are a bit too close to black in certain lights and want to make sure they appear more brown.  Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving. 

post #67689 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA19 View Post

I posted this previously but didn't get a reply.  What's the best way to lighten up a pair of dark brown PA's?  They are a bit too close to black in certain lights and want to make sure they appear more brown.  Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving. 
Sell and buy a different pair, or stay in favorable light. wink.gif
post #67690 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post




My walnut Madison Park derbys just arrived but I see Nordstrom now offers the dark chili color. Should I return the walnut for dark chili?! I don't have any chili shoes and already have the walnut Mcallisters.

Would dark blue jeans look better with the walnut or dark chili shoes above?
Post pics, especially from above. Thoughts on the last? the players shoe was my first pair of AE. Unfortunately they weren't the correct size and I had to sell at a big loss. If these are on the 201, 2, or 3, I need to grab a pair.
post #67691 of 70737
Thoughts on Dainite vs Vibram lug in terms of traction in wet pavement/concrete?

I don't need any more boots, but with this supposed El Niño coming to Southern California, it might be an easy justification for the Sauk Drive. Plus I'll spend New Years in NYC...gotta be prepared, right?
post #67692 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dynamite View Post

Thoughts on Dainite vs Vibram lug in terms of traction in wet pavement/concrete?

I don't need any more boots, but with this supposed El Niño coming to Southern California, it might be an easy justification for the Sauk Drive. Plus I'll spend New Years in NYC...gotta be prepared, right?

By all accounts, vibram lug by quite a bit.
post #67693 of 70737
Going back to the Madison Park (Player 2.0?) in dark chili....

I already own the Dalton in the following colors:
-walnut calf
-dark chocolate calf
-dark chili (brand new, unworn)
-walnut shell
-natural shell
-brown grain Long Branch (similar style, so included here)

I also own a brown and a walnut RL Sanderson longwing. I obviously like redundancy, but I think I have too much when it comes to wingtip boots.

The Madison Park is about the exact price I paid for the dark chili Dalton seconds. I think i might get more use out of the MP vs the Daltons.
post #67694 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-stream View Post

I don't think you can't lighten as easy as you can darken the other cap or darken the area beside it to ease the transition.

Some VSC or Saphir Reno will do the trick for CXL.
post #67695 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

By all accounts, vibram lug by quite a bit.

Thanks Back! Picking up the phone shortly!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...