or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4488  

post #67306 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Have you seen the Carlyle in person? Damn good looking shoe sir. I would get the Carlyle if simple is what you're going for.
 

 

I have, it is a great looking shoe, I love how plain and understated it is.  

post #67307 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heat View Post

I have, it is a great looking shoe, I love how plain and understated it is.  

There is your answer. Buy it smile.gif
post #67308 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmusic1 View Post

Walnut Wednesday: I'm wearing that shoe of which so many people can't understand the point.

 

I understand the point - and I really like that shoe in walnut.

Chris
post #67309 of 70737
What is the point? With some polish it can be darker which won't be that bad?
post #67310 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heat View Post

I need a little AE advice.  I thought I'd post it here instead of making a new thread?  I need an oxblood/burgundy/merlot shoe for work.  I'm a doctor working in an outpatient clinic, so I wear dress pants, button up shirt, tie, and white coat.  I need SF's opinion on the Strand vs. Carlyle.  I probably prefer the simplicity of the Carlyle, but I don't want the shoe to be too formal.  So my question is, does the oxblood color tone down a plain toe enough to wear in the clinic?  I do like the Strand as an alternative, but I don't want anything too "loud."  I'd probably be going for the 5th Ave if it came in oxblood, but alas.
Brown Cornwallis... That is all
post #67311 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

What is the point? With some polish it can be darker which won't be that bad?


Meh. Different strokes I guess. 

post #67312 of 70737

I saw a pair of Brown Cornwallis the other day. I thought it looked like a work of art.

 

It seems they get no play here. Why is that?

 

Pics gentleman!

post #67313 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmusic1 View Post

 
Walnut Wednesday: I'm wearing that shoe of which so many people can't understand the point.

 

Red,  I seem to recall your decision to get those was based on (i) your desire to have an option with your casual warm weather suits a little different from stereotypical choices, and (ii) something for odd trousers, whether with or without jacket and tie.

However, I thought you had said you had no interest in wearing them with dark trousers because you had no interest in compliments based on either the personality of your shoes or your "interesting personality" in choosing to wear such a combo.  Would you care to elaborate?  (Not that you have any need to; we don't have to have a particular reason for doing EVERYTHING we do)

Speaking of walnut ... Lots of wet squishy leaves after the storms blew through. Black Hills seemed to make sense.

post #67314 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post
 

I saw a pair of Brown Cornwallis the other day. I thought it looked like a work of art.

 

It seems they get no play here. Why is that?

 

Pics gentleman!


Here's mine.

 

Bernie

post #67315 of 70737


Sure. Not that I won't break my own rules, but I don't believe I have. Here are my reasons:

 

1) Hadn't worn them in a while 2) Walnut Wednesday 3) the sun is out after a storm and it was 70° earlier 3) these are being worn with odd trousers and jacket with tie. I believe what I said, was that I had no desire to wear them with a dark suit. If not, that is what I meant. The discussion was also originally about walnut brogues, which I definitely have no interest in wearing with these trousers. 

 

To be honest, I am a tad bit uncomfortable today. If it hadn't been walnut Wednesday, I would of worn chili. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post


Red,  I seem to recall your decision to get those was based on (i) your desire to have an option with your casual warm weather suits a little different from stereotypical choices, and (ii) something for odd trousers, whether with or without jacket and tie.

However, I thought you had said you had no interest in wearing them with dark trousers because you had no interest in compliments based on either the personality of your shoes or your "interesting personality" in choosing to wear such a combo.  Would you care to elaborate?  (Not that you have any need to; we don't have to have a particular reason for doing EVERYTHING we do)

Speaking of walnut ... Lots of wet squishy leaves after the storms blew through. Black Hills seemed to make sense.

post #67316 of 70737
 
post #67317 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathiel View Post
 


Here's mine.

 

Bernie



Dang! Those look so great. I realized I don't currently own any dark brown AEs and might need to remedy that with a pair of these at some point.

post #67318 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post
 



Dang! Those look so great. I realized I don't currently own any dark brown AEs and might need to remedy that with a pair of these at some point.


I will say that these look even better in person.  I think they're one of the nicest styles from AE in the past few years.  And they're comfortable as hell.

 

Bernie

post #67319 of 70737
Agree with both of you, about needing a dark brown pair and these being one of AE's best.
post #67320 of 70737
Why does Nordstrom sell this shoe but AE's website does not?

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/madison-park-oxford/4185531

Just bought a pair in walnut. Hope they're nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...