Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4465post #66961 of 7073711/11/15 at 11:08ampost #66962 of 7073711/11/15 at 11:10amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
Join the club. The ONLY short wing Derby shoe made now is the LGA, and that is not half the shoe of the Player, IMHO. Long wing shoes galore, but AE is treating the short wing like the ugly red-headed stepchild. (With apologies to all the ugly red headed step children on the forum, you know who you are.)
The Madison Park was brought up a bit ago. Comes in black and walnut.post #66963 of 7073711/11/15 at 12:32pmpost #66964 of 7073711/11/15 at 12:42pmpost #66965 of 7073711/11/15 at 12:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Excellent PC pics, gents! Thanks for keeping up the tradition.
A question for those of y'all with woodlore epic twin tube shoe trees: do you size them the same as the JAB/AE full toe trees or do they run longer?
I typically wear 11D in AE and have a handful of the JAB trees and 3 woodlore epic twic tube trees, all in L.
Uncompressed, the JAB trees are substantially longer (maybe 2"), and have to compress quite a bit to fit in my shoes; they could easily fit a 12, perhaps a 13 (but could not go much smaller).
In contrast, the woodlore trees are only slightly compressed to fit my shoes; they could cover 10-11 easily, perhaps an additional half size on either end.
Some modest sample variation with the JAB trees, very little with the woodlores.
Hope this helps!post #66966 of 7073711/11/15 at 12:46pmpost #66967 of 7073711/11/15 at 12:50pmpost #66968 of 7073711/11/15 at 12:51pmpost #66969 of 7073711/11/15 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Ok, so this morning I got a little antsy and decided to go ahead and give these a once over with some isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease (in the burnished areas). Below are some pics (the lighting isn't identical to the original pics but you get the idea). Obviously this is only my first go at it, and I will have to even the color out. The photos are after I stripped much of the black color and then gave them a quick once-over with some AE cleaner/conditioner.
I will continue to try to feather some of the burnishing so it all blends better, and then after some more conditioning, I am thinking of using some AE chili polish to slightly darken the leather and help it blend into the burnished areas.
First time having a go at this, so it's obviously not perfect. Any suggestions/criticisms are welcome.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Jox - any additional thoughts after your Rutledge de-burnishing now that you've had a chance to wear them for a while? I have a pair with the same issue (though not as nuclear as yours were) and am thinking about doing the same thing. Would you recommend the procedure you outlined, or would you do anything different? Many thanks!
Edited by jet-stream - 11/11/15 at 1:55pmpost #66970 of 7073711/11/15 at 1:26pmpost #66971 of 7073711/11/15 at 1:31pmQuote:
Have you considered going down a half size in length then up to eee - I have had this success with Daltonspost #66972 of 7073711/11/15 at 1:32pmpost #66973 of 7073711/11/15 at 1:32pmQuote:
Yes, they are darker. definitely not black, though. Very lovely color.
I would go for the E. If they don't break in, then have them stretched.post #66974 of 7073711/11/15 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Yes, they are darker. definitely not black, though. Very lovely color.
I would go for the E. If they don't break in, then have them stretched.
for the E is it just tight? for me on the 511 when the it is too small my foot overspills the footbed so stretching does not help there but if it is just snug in other parts then I agree with Pepperpost #66975 of 7073711/11/15 at 1:36pm
I would think grey/olive/wine colored chinos would work fine and I have not seen it in person so unless it is really pointy then probably go great with some dark indigo jeans...
I happen to think black shoes and boots with blue jeans is a perfect match...in the words of Jean Girard "You Taste of America"
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 9 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 18 minutes ago
- › Louis Vuitton Epi Leather 55 Boston Keepall 18 minutes ago
- › Luigi Bianchi Mantova LBM Blue Polo Coat tagged 40 fits 36/38 23 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 26 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...