or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4455  

post #66811 of 70737
@redmusic1 If you can find a brown Jefferson (1.0) in your size, id definitely get that over everything else you listed.
post #66812 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Did some shoe maintenance and cleaning while working from home today. Snapped a few shots while they were all out. As you can tell, my needs are on the casual side of business casual. 

Boots: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chili Shakers (9.5D), Brown Grain First Ave, Walnut First Avenue, Walnut Dalton (all 9D).

Short boots:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Blus:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(Casual) bals:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Black McTavish, Natural McTavish Choc Fullerton (all 9D), Dark Chili Carlyle (9E)

Broguing:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Loafers Boats:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
9D Dark Chili MKE, 9D Tan Addison, 9B Brown CXL Maritime, 9B Blue CXL Kirkwood

Franciscans:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2015 AE Fam:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Kinda surprised there hasn't been any feedback about missing certain "staples" in the rotation/collection. Maybe the post slipped by everyone.

Regardless, I'm always up for suggestions of other models to try... And, worst case, hopefully this can help others with examples of fit across a few lasts and styles.

Happy Sunday!
post #66813 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@redmusic1 If you can find a brown Jefferson (1.0) in your size, id definitely get that over everything else you listed.

Agreed. However, they don't exist in my most common size of 9.5d. Inventory error. I tried to get a pair before ordering the merlot PA's.
post #66814 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post

Then get both? Not like the shoebank Dundees won't go on sale again.




Did we already confirm that the Madison Park is the new SWB for this year? This certainly isn't the LGA under a different name (this has a leather insole and sole). Only $244.90 at Nordstroms right now.



That is one beautiful shoe, especially for that price if it truly has a leather sole and insole.
post #66815 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post

Dark brown Strand. I think these are prettier than the Walnut that everyone seems to love. Classic.

Agreed. Even better in shell, IMO. I was hoping there would be another trunk show this year, to see if the dark brown shell would be offered again.
post #66816 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Kinda surprised there hasn't been any feedback about missing certain "staples" in the rotation/collection. Maybe the post slipped by everyone.

Regardless, I'm always up for suggestions of other models to try... And, worst case, hopefully this can help others with examples of fit across a few lasts and styles.

Happy Sunday!

Well you have like 20 pairs there. If you think you're missing something you either have chosen a whole bunch of odd ball styles or you're simply always going to think you have something missing even if you have 200 shoes
post #66817 of 70737

Thoughts on the Long Branch being used as the #1 boot option for the NYC winter? Just got a pair and wondering if I should have a LL Bean backup just in case.

 

The LB would be used to commute to Midtown which takes me over an hour and involves lots of walking and waiting for trains outdoors. Can the LB standup to the snow and slush of a NYC winter?

post #66818 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

Agreed. Even better in shell, IMO. I was hoping there would be another trunk show this year, to see if the dark brown shell would be offered again.

The dark brown shell Strand is a standard shell offering; you can order a pair anytime you want, you don't have to wait for a trunk show.
post #66819 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Kinda surprised there hasn't been any feedback about missing certain "staples" in the rotation/collection. Maybe the post slipped by everyone.

Regardless, I'm always up for suggestions of other models to try... And, worst case, hopefully this can help others with examples of fit across a few lasts and styles.

Happy Sunday!

When I read the post it said your on the casual side so I figured you don't wear suits or dress up by SF standards so I didnt really think about it.

I like your collection. I work in IT for a comercial real estate company, so I can wear pretty much anything.

I used to have a pair of 5th avenue in black, but found those shoes to be clunky. Still tinkering with the idea of if I need a black pair of shoes
post #66820 of 70737
So I just put an order in for some brown First Avenue Boots. What color of Saphir Polish should I get for them?
post #66821 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtitus View Post

So I just put an order in for some brown First Avenue Boots. What color of Saphir Polish should I get for them?


Brown.

post #66822 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post


Brown.

Well that doesn't help me since they have dark brown, medium brown, mahogany, tobacco... I'm pretty sure I know I need "brown".
post #66823 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtitus View Post


Well that doesn't help me since they have dark brown, medium brown, mahogany, tobacco... I'm pretty sure I know I need "brown".

 

You'll need to experiment, but this should give you a starting point.

post #66824 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinProfilin View Post
 

Thoughts on the Long Branch being used as the #1 boot option for the NYC winter? Just got a pair and wondering if I should have a LL Bean backup just in case.

 

The LB would be used to commute to Midtown which takes me over an hour and involves lots of walking and waiting for trains outdoors. Can the LB standup to the snow and slush of a NYC winter?

 

I think they would do great - clearly if you are going to be standing in ankle high puddles of slush for long period of times the Beans would be better - Hit the Longbranches with a nice coat of HDLP and you will be good to go- 

post #66825 of 70737

Got my overlord and normandy in one set of sizes...net set on the way... thoughts - the overlord I received was a shit show in that it did not have the contrast stitching...so that is going back and size was not great either. The Normandy....man o man I love Kudu...the inside of the leather makes you wish it were on the outside(which I have on another boot) That being said the Normandy is as comfortable a boot as I ever have put on out of the box and the pair I received has virtually none of the stupid sandpaper on it...WHY OH WHY would they fuck up some of the most softest interesting leather they have ever offered...

 

Pair I got was great but the ti stiffiner(which is minimal) is not sewn in and hanging down....this was on the 13's - so when the 12's arrive for sizing I will see which size I like best - I will def be keeping a Normandy - The Overlord if I can get one with the contrast stitching and can get a size that works may keep it also - LOVE THE KUDU

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...