Awesome shoes; you should get them out more often!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 446
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks! Even though they are a balmoral, they are an oiled leather so I don't think I would wear them with a suit. So sunny days and pair them with no jeans works for me. Being a young wipper snapper I dont do socks and they feel great.
I know I feel the same way which is why I have only worn them twice! The color is actually a light grey and really pops with the black sole and stitching in person.
Flaws are a lot less noticeable than on my walnut shell Strands.
Fresh out of the box
It looks like someone tried them on though, as you can already see creasing. It didn't look like anyone tried on my Strands, but those are showing very light creases.
First pair of AE shoes...Walnut Strands. Sadly, they were WAY too big. The printable size form from the AE website was not even close to accurate for me. It measured as a 14.5. so I got 15. They are a good 1.5-2" too long, to the point my heel is coming out. Good news, AE is overnighting me a 14...now that is customer service!
I don't know what to do about sizing in Kenilworths, my first dress shoes for my upcoming wedding.
My sneakers size is 11, in Prada and To Boot New York I am 10, but I tried Kenilworths and it's totally different sizing.
In 9.5D my foot is sliding at the heel, up and down as I walk, but not coming out of the shoe.
In 9D, the heel is just barelly moving as I walk, but the shoe is very fit, I feel it's as snug as it can be.
My worry is I want to order from this forum member, but I'm afraid that after few hours of walking my feet might start hurting, and I wouldn't want that on a wedding day.
The length is fine, it's the width, but according to the AE chart I have a narrow foot :)
How big of a jump is it from E to D ? The local stores in Canada only have D sizing in stock.
Look what the cat dragged in today! Randomly ran into a pair of Moras on a recent shoebank seconds list- from the inscription, it was made for Ball and Buck. Pricing was GREAT and I see no apparent flaws. I am very pleased with my first pair of doublemonks. The 8 last is usually terrible for me in my normal 5 last size so I sized up .5 and they fit great. I suspect there are many other pairs out there for your choosing in your size.
As for the mctavishes, I was inspired by a pair I saw on b&s wih blue laces via google images, and decided to go for the same look. They look and fit great on my normal 5 last size, no resizing necessary. The heel slippage I suspect will go away after the double sole breaks in.
A question with everyone with doublemonks - It seems like the top strap will take quite a lot of wear if i fasten/unfasten it with every wear. Is that the correct way to put on doublemonks, and have yours held up long term?
I thought the same thing but the doubles I have have held up for several years, I don't have anymore because I was moving something after work for a friend and it cut into the leather toe
Long story short, I did not notice any wear differences between the two straps using your method.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories