Awesome shoes; you should get them out more often!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 4/28/16 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 1:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: Yesterday
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 446post #6677 of 707376/27/12 at 2:16pm
Thanks! Even though they are a balmoral, they are an oiled leather so I don't think I would wear them with a suit. So sunny days and pair them with no jeans works for me. Being a young wipper snapper I dont do socks and they feel great.post #6678 of 707376/27/12 at 2:24pmpost #6679 of 707376/27/12 at 2:27pmpost #6680 of 707376/27/12 at 2:33pmQuote:
I know I feel the same way which is why I have only worn them twice! The color is actually a light grey and really pops with the black sole and stitching in person.post #6681 of 707376/27/12 at 2:39pmpost #6682 of 707376/27/12 at 3:32pmpost #6683 of 707376/27/12 at 4:17pmpost #6684 of 707376/27/12 at 4:54pm
First pair of AE shoes...Walnut Strands. Sadly, they were WAY too big. The printable size form from the AE website was not even close to accurate for me. It measured as a 14.5. so I got 15. They are a good 1.5-2" too long, to the point my heel is coming out. Good news, AE is overnighting me a 14...now that is customer service!post #6685 of 707376/27/12 at 5:00pmpost #6686 of 707376/27/12 at 5:06pmpost #6687 of 707376/27/12 at 5:30pm
I don't know what to do about sizing in Kenilworths, my first dress shoes for my upcoming wedding.
My sneakers size is 11, in Prada and To Boot New York I am 10, but I tried Kenilworths and it's totally different sizing.
In 9.5D my foot is sliding at the heel, up and down as I walk, but not coming out of the shoe.
In 9D, the heel is just barelly moving as I walk, but the shoe is very fit, I feel it's as snug as it can be.
My worry is I want to order from this forum member, but I'm afraid that after few hours of walking my feet might start hurting, and I wouldn't want that on a wedding day.
The length is fine, it's the width, but according to the AE chart I have a narrow foot :)
How big of a jump is it from E to D ? The local stores in Canada only have D sizing in stock.post #6688 of 707376/27/12 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by spitshine123
Look what the cat dragged in today! Randomly ran into a pair of Moras on a recent shoebank seconds list- from the inscription, it was made for Ball and Buck. Pricing was GREAT and I see no apparent flaws. I am very pleased with my first pair of doublemonks. The 8 last is usually terrible for me in my normal 5 last size so I sized up .5 and they fit great. I suspect there are many other pairs out there for your choosing in your size.
As for the mctavishes, I was inspired by a pair I saw on b&s wih blue laces via google images, and decided to go for the same look. They look and fit great on my normal 5 last size, no resizing necessary. The heel slippage I suspect will go away after the double sole breaks in.
A question with everyone with doublemonks - It seems like the top strap will take quite a lot of wear if i fasten/unfasten it with every wear. Is that the correct way to put on doublemonks, and have yours held up long term?
I thought the same thing but the doubles I have have held up for several years, I don't have anymore because I was moving something after work for a friend and it cut into the leather toe
Long story short, I did not notice any wear differences between the two straps using your method.post #6689 of 707376/27/12 at 5:56pmpost #6690 of 707376/27/12 at 8:11pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 minutes ago
- › Authentic G. J. Cleverley Russian Reindeer Belt 36 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 37 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 37 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 42 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 45 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 47 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 54 minutes ago
- › Stephen Curry Style - am looking for silk cloak 55 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts