or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4433  

post #66481 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibson19 View Post

I'm looking for recommendations for polish color (neutral vs. walnut) for my Walnut Strands.  Also, has anyone used wax vs. polish?

I use polish because it's cheaper and I'm a cheap ass. For my walnut stands I use the light brown from saphir.
post #66482 of 70737

I don't know if this is true but I've been told that polish should be used lightly every two weeks and wax maybe once or twice a year as needed. But that could just be pretentious bs. Which is why I follow it. 

post #66483 of 70737
Not the prettiest shoe in my rotation, but sturdy, rugged, and damn comfortable. Rough grey McTavish

post #66484 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

All of the "pretty shoes" get their day in the sun, so it was time to break out the Mapleton. Saddle leather; no polish and really comfortable.

Under rated great looking and comfortable shoes.
I have a brand new pair in size 8.5 D sitting in my closet for the past year. Obviously not my size, PM me if anyone would want them for cheap.
post #66485 of 70737
Polish comes in cream and wax variants. Really depends on how many pairs of shoes you have how often you need to use it. I think I use cream polish on my shoes every two months with a regular rotation of at least 10.
post #66486 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post

Haven't worn these in a while. Chili Franciscans today.



Love my pair! Just need to reach for them more often. (Yet another reminder it is time to trim the heard.)
post #66487 of 70737

First a little bragging...

 

Daltons finally came in from RDA sale! Oxblood with Dainite sole.

 

 

Okay now for the real bragging. I was browsing the rack today and found a manistee belt in my size with no tag. It was perfect condition except for very heavy burnished on the tip of the belt. I paid $5, unbelievable.

 

Now onto business, Cordovan sale is live!

 

I'm ready to buy my first pair of shell and want to get something special. Definitely going something in cherry/color 8 and want to get something they don't ordinarily offer. Considering the following:

 

Franciscan

Mora

Cornwallis 

Fifth Ave

Fifth St.

 

My wardrobe is pretty well covered with styles and colors but wouldn't mind another walnut and burgundy shoe. I've been looking for merlot Franciscans ever since someone posted a pair last month. I had thought my game plan was cordovan Franciscan and walnut strands but I'm having second thoughts. Franciscans are being discountinued and I am now considering a Walnut pair at the soon to be clearance price. I already own a Cornwallis in dark brown but they're easily my favorite suit shoe.  

post #66488 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBridge View Post
 

Now onto business, Cordovan sale is live!

 

I'm ready to buy my first pair of shell and want to get something special. Definitely going something in cherry/color 8 and want to get something they don't ordinarily offer. Considering the following:

 

Franciscan

Mora

Cornwallis 

Fifth Ave

Fifth St.

 

My wardrobe is pretty well covered with styles and colors but wouldn't mind another walnut and burgundy shoe. I've been looking for merlot Franciscans ever since someone posted a pair last month. I had thought my game plan was cordovan Franciscan and walnut strands but I'm having second thoughts. Franciscans are being discountinued and I am now considering a Walnut pair at the soon to be clearance price. I already own a Cornwallis in dark brown but they're easily my favorite suit shoe.  

 

I just ordered the Cornwallis in brown shell.  I think burgundy would also look amazing.  I also think the FA would be beautiful.  I considered it, but I have the PA and Strand in burgundy shell already, so it seemed a bit redundant.  What about the Rogue?  I love mine.

 

post #66489 of 70737

How does one find out which styles are being discontinued?

post #66490 of 70737

On that note, is the Shelton saddle shoe discontinued?  Anyone know?

post #66491 of 70737

Burgundy cordovan Cornwallis is already being planned for early next year. If anyone is considering one, it makes no sense to get it now unless you absolutely can't wait. Brown though, thats where the money is! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 

 

I just ordered the Cornwallis in brown shell.  I think burgundy would also look amazing.  I also think the FA would be beautiful.  I considered it, but I have the PA and Strand in burgundy shell already, so it seemed a bit redundant.  What about the Rogue?  I love mine.

 

post #66492 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoxtooth View Post

On that note, is the Shelton saddle shoe discontinued?  Anyone know?
Yes
post #66493 of 70737
Someone requested for pictures of cordovan. I'm late to the party
img_4687.jpg
post #66494 of 70737
Now see? That's just showing off. Where the navy blue shoes at?
post #66495 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Now see? That's just showing off. Where the navy blue shoes at?
Haha old picture. I'll update over the weekend to include the navy shell shoes. Sold off the strand and jefferson though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...