or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4430  

post #66436 of 70737

AE does do recrafting on Allen Edmonds shoes bought from other retailers. When in doubt call their customer service line and ask before you buy the shoe.

But I have bought several pairs that I have had recrafted.

post #66437 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
 


Have you tried everything?

 

 

 

Resolve carpet stain remover spray, AJAX dish washing soap (this worked the best, but still nowhere near able to remove it all), ammonia + dish soap + water combo, & a rug doctor (useless)... Looks like I'm stuck with a groovy-purple carpet...

post #66438 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxRacer View Post
 

Right now AE is having a special "sale" on shell where you can order any shoe they make, other than hand sewn, in shell with any sole, for only the usual shell charge. 

I ordered a pair of Yorktown in brown shell, with the Orville Redenbacher soles,  and was pleasantly surprised at the the price. 

Nice! I ordered a Bartlett in shell yesterday, but the Yorktown was my backup.

post #66439 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxRacer View Post

Right now AE is having a special "sale" on shell where you can order any shoe they make, other than hand sewn, in shell with any sole, for only the usual shell charge. 
I ordered a pair of Yorktown in brown shell, with the Orville Redenbacher soles,  and was pleasantly surprised at the the price. 
So basically, any non boots styles will be 650 and 725 for boots?
post #66440 of 70737
I just thrifted a pair of Allen Edmonds "Commuter" for $20. Anyone have them? Any info about material, quality, etc. would be great.
post #66441 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 


Use a good water-proofing spray, and roll on. 

Thanks .. 

post #66442 of 70737
Amoks today... While I patiently await the arrival of my new grain first avenue boots.

post #66443 of 70737

Guys,

Wanted to get your advice on "soft" feeling leather soles for an upcoming resole.  All my AE shell have come with those JR soles. They are extremely durable but feel harder that most of the other soles I have.  I have a pair of Carminas that have Dainite that feel as hard as the JR ones. TBH, I'm not sure if the Dainite Carmina uses is the same as the Dainite UK one.  It doesn't say Dainite on the bottom. My calf leather AEs have the "basic" leather sole. These feel a little bit softer than the JRs. However, the softest leather sole that I've had from AE has been that oil infused one. It came on my Neumoks (which I have since sold). 

 

So, here's my ranking (hardest to softest):

1. JRedenbach

1. Dainite (a tie)

2. AE "basic" leather sole; paired with the all rubber heel

3. Oil infused soles; not sure of name

 

This is a limited sample size, I admit. But looking for any tips suggestions. Thanks.

post #66444 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Guys,

Wanted to get your advice on "soft" feeling leather soles for an upcoming resole.  All my AE shell have come with those JR soles. They are extremely durable but feel harder that most of the other soles I have.  I have a pair of Carminas that have Dainite that feel as hard as the JR ones. TBH, I'm not sure if the Dainite Carmina uses is the same as the Dainite UK one.  It doesn't say Dainite on the bottom. My calf leather AEs have the "basic" leather sole. These feel a little bit softer than the JRs. However, the softest leather sole that I've had from AE has been that oil infused one. It came on my Neumoks (which I have since sold). 

 

So, here's my ranking (hardest to softest):

1. JRedenbach

1. Dainite (a tie)

2. AE "basic" leather sole; paired with the all rubber heel

3. Oil infused soles; not sure of name

 

This is a limited sample size, I admit. But looking for any tips suggestions. Thanks.

 

The "oil-infused" sole you refer to is the butyl sole.  They come standard on calf Daltons, as well as Neumoks and McTavishes (and I'm sure there are others).  

post #66445 of 70737

Unseasonably warm in Chicago today... Shame it gets dark so soon this late in the year - need every minute of this before the hawk swoops in for the fall and winter! Snuff Suede RL by AE today
post #66446 of 70737
Maiden voyage for the shoe I have coveted the longest. My going away present to myself smile.gif

a864ecd1685e6610cba873f8d95d9c9a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #66447 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post

Maiden voyage for the shoe I have coveted the longest. My going away present to myself smile.gif

a864ecd1685e6610cba873f8d95d9c9a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What are we looking at, bro? Leeds? Congrats on moving on up!
post #66448 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbj08 View Post

The "oil-infused" sole you refer to is the butyl sole.  They come standard on calf Daltons, as well as Neumoks and McTavishes (and I'm sure there are others).  
Fifth Street too.
post #66449 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbj08 View Post
 

 

The "oil-infused" sole you refer to is the butyl sole.  They come standard on calf Daltons, as well as Neumoks and McTavishes (and I'm sure there are others).  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbj08 View Post
 

 

The "oil-infused" sole you refer to is the butyl sole.  They come standard on calf Daltons, as well as Neumoks and McTavishes (and I'm sure there are others).  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Fifth Street too.

Thanks. So, do you agree with me that the butyl sole is the softest?

post #66450 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbj08 View Post
 

 

The "oil-infused" sole you refer to is the butyl sole.  They come standard on calf Daltons, as well as Neumoks and McTavishes (and I'm sure there are others).  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbj08 View Post
 

 

The "oil-infused" sole you refer to is the butyl sole.  They come standard on calf Daltons, as well as Neumoks and McTavishes (and I'm sure there are others).  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


Fifth Street too.

Thanks. So, do you agree with me that the butyl sole is the softest?


Actually don't remember how soft they feel. Offhand I might say they are as soft as my regular AE leather soles maybe?

Leeds today

13c4893677db8cd8f3655594916259da.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...