or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4419  

post #66271 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartorialism View Post

I just got a pair of Taormina loafers, and they're a bit too tight (I bought EEE, so I can't go wider on size). I want to know what you think about stretching them. I'm worried that the construction may not hold well; more, that the woven top may get damaged. What do you all say?
 

Bear with me, this might go a little lengthy -

 

Since I've never gotten a decent assessment on this I figured I would provide my best shot.  As far as I have been able to ascertain, AE likes to use 3 "lasts" for the Italian collection - the "Urbino" last, the "Firenze" last and the "Verona" last.  They seem to reuse these designs a lot. 

 

The Urbino/Bergamo/Modena/Taormina seems to run the smallest of any of them (length and width).  The leather they use is ultra soft but also extremely thin.  When I got the Taormina the thing I initially worried about the most was the toebox getting scuffed since the leather sole was so incredibly thin.  But so far the most delicate aspect has been the woven textured part. 

 

I personally would advise against the stretching - if it wasn't for the woven portion, I'd say maybe, since the leather is still very thin.  Have to ask - why did you get these - price you just couldn't resist?  Reason I'm asking is because anything that is constructed like the Firenze (Fiesole, Brindisi, Positano, etc.) run very long and very generous in width, and the Verona/Arezzo, etc. also run quite large, so you basically went with the smallest possible option. 

post #66272 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

I know not everybody is a loafer fan, but I chose the Jermyn today.


Chris

From one huge loafer fan - they look great.

 

The Jermyn & Manchester were unique - there is currently nothing else quite like them.  Wish they'd bring them back but maybe with a redesign so they didn't fit so unbelievably narrow.

post #66273 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

Thanks - if I can snag an overloard really cheap I plan to have a lug sole put on it - I have no hope of them coming out with a B34 lasted shoe again but the Overloard as a blucher or bal on the b34 with a lug sole would be really a killer shoe for me when I don't want to wear boots


Absolutely agree with the comment....but the overlord is on the 201, not the B34 I thought

post #66274 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

Have to ask - why did you get these - price you just couldn't resist?  Reason I'm asking is because anything that is constructed like the Firenze (Fiesole, Brindisi, Positano, etc.) run very long and very generous in width, and the Verona/Arezzo, etc. also run quite large, so you basically went with the smallest possible option. 

Thanks for the response. I got them because 1) they're stunning (don't you think?); 2) the price was incredible: Shoe Bank had them for 130; 3) why not?

You said you have them. Are you happy with them? Are they serving you well? If you've had them for some time, how about a pic so I can see how they wear...

Thanks a lot!
post #66275 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

 

Thanks - if I can snag an overloard really cheap I plan to have a lug sole put on it - I have no hope of them coming out with a B34 lasted shoe again but the Overloard as a blucher or bal on the b34 with a lug sole would be really a killer shoe for me when I don't want to wear boots


Absolutely agree with the comment....but the overlord is on the 201, not the B34 I thought

It is the 201...was just wishful thinking for the b34
post #66276 of 70737
@Buster Brown Speaking of suede just picked up a captoe carmina boot in polo suede...stumbled on it by accident. Hopefully it fits...had no interest in another brown suede boot but this one had looked really noce.
post #66277 of 70737
Picked up a pair of new Ashton's on eBay because I really want the comfort, but something seems off with the leather on the shoes.

I also have another new pair of Ashtons in a different size that I picked up from a Nordstrom Rack and the difference by the toe cap/throat is visible. The shoe in my size on the left has a visible outline of the leather beneath it. The leather also feels a bit coarse compared to the smoothness of the shoe on the right.

What do you think could have caused this? Is it fixable?

photo IMG_0034_zpsppvcqrfm.jpg

photo IMG_0035_zpsabslevlj.jpg
post #66278 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Hey,

Those of you wearing the Warwick, how do the size compared to others in your rotation?

Thank.
I bought them in 10.5D, and they fit bigger than my 65 and 511 last bals, but more snugly than my 65 last bluchers. Definitely larger than my 10.5D 222 Player's. Fit similar to my 333 Rutledge in 10D. Also similar to the 511 with a generous toe box. I find the buckle slightly difficult to undo while on the foot. If you had a more specific question I could be more precise.
post #66279 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


It is the 201...was just wishful thinking for the b34


I got it, sorry.  Only reason I mentioned it was because the shoebank actually lists them as being made on the B34, while the main site lists the 201.

post #66280 of 70737
Shaking things up a bit here with my Shakers. They're the perfect Fall boot in the definitive color (IMO)

post #66281 of 70737

To follow up on a post I made a week ago, I need to send a special thanks out to James, a store manager at the Boston State Street location.

 

I had ordered MacNeil and Franciscan from the online store, but found the fit to not quite be there once I received them. I'm in New Hampshire and had to drive through Boston on my way to visit some family this past weekend, so I figured I'd swing by the physical store and see if I could try on some different sizes.

 

James helped me out big time, found that my foot is shorter and wider than what I've always worn. I have worn a 10.5 or 11 and size E. Being sized by a professional showed I should be in a 9.5EEE.

 

Anyway, new shoes are on their way because the shop didn't have my size in stock, in fact the MacNeils need to go through production. Still, it was a good experience, he helped me out with the return and I'd definitely throw more business at him in the future.

post #66282 of 70737
It is a cold rainy Friday - so I broke out the Long Branches.



Chris
post #66283 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomatt View Post
 

To follow up on a post I made a week ago, I need to send a special thanks out to James, a store manager at the Boston State Street location.

 

I had ordered MacNeil and Franciscan from the online store, but found the fit to not quite be there once I received them. I'm in New Hampshire and had to drive through Boston on my way to visit some family this past weekend, so I figured I'd swing by the physical store and see if I could try on some different sizes.

 

James helped me out big time, found that my foot is shorter and wider than what I've always worn. I have worn a 10.5 or 11 and size E. Being sized by a professional showed I should be in a 9.5EEE.

 

Anyway, new shoes are on their way because the shop didn't have my size in stock, in fact the MacNeils need to go through production. Still, it was a good experience, he helped me out with the return and I'd definitely throw more business at him in the future.

Similar to my story. But I was sized as 10.5D but later resized as 9.5EEE. 

post #66284 of 70737
I have Park Avenues (black) in 10D if anyone wants.
post #66285 of 70737
Got an e-mail from Allen Edmonds to tell me that Daltons are now available with a Dainite sole.... Yay !
Went to check it out and found the Dainite Daltons are not available in Oxblood.... Boo !

Seriously, what's up with that?
Why not oxblood?
It's the best colour for them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...