or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4418  

post #66256 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

anyone have a 201 lasted shoe and a 511 lasted shoe? curious about which toe is broader or rounder. 

 

Here is a Dalton in 9D and a Rogue in 8.5E.

 

 

 

post #66257 of 70737
Buy some of the shoe stretch liquid and apply inside and outside then wear them through the pain. They will loosen up.

Link to a good product? I've never purchased one of these, so I'd appreciate a recommendation. Thank you!
post #66258 of 70737

Was at the Rack today during lunch and saw an AE Dearborn belt in Bourbon for $35 in my size, 38.  Jumped at it.  I'm a big fan of AE belts, I own several usually after they've gone on sale on nordstrom.com or at the main store.  Rarely have I seen them drop that much to the Rack.

 

They are way better than the majority of cheaply made bosco, Kenneth Cole, etc belts out there you can find at most dept stores.  Of course I'd much prefer a few higher end Santoni of G&G belts to wear daily but $250 isn't in my budget for a belt.

post #66259 of 70737


Brooks Brothers/AE Shaker Heights today.
post #66260 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

anyone have a 201 lasted shoe and a 511 lasted shoe? curious about which toe is broader or rounder. 

 

Here is a Dalton in 9D and a Rogue in 8.5E.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for - 1/2 size down was way to go for you on the rogue? similar size to 65 last?

post #66261 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

What did you use to strip the original color? Once stripped, did you do any conditioning or other things before going to the new color?
The shoes were a light tan color, so I did not strip them.
I first tried darkening them with neatsfoot oil. That wasn't dark enough. I let that set for a week, then applied a diluted dye.
post #66262 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for - 1/2 size down was way to go for you on the rogue? similar size to 65 last?

 

The move down was more about controlling for volume, especially near the base of the tongue. They are on the shorter side, but seemed to have less potential of creasing. I have a flat feet and low arches so take this with a grain of salt. I think most on the forum used their 65 size or went down a width.

post #66263 of 70737
Hey,

Those of you wearing the Warwick, how do the size compared to others in your rotation?

Thank.
post #66264 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

Thanks - exactly what I was looking for - 1/2 size down was way to go for you on the rogue? similar size to 65 last?

 

The move down was more about controlling for volume, especially near the base of the tongue. They are on the shorter side, but seemed to have less potential of creasing. I have a flat feet and low arches so take this with a grain of salt. I think most on the forum used their 65 size or went down a width.

 

Thanks - if I can snag an overloard really cheap I plan to have a lug sole put on it - I have no hope of them coming out with a B34 lasted shoe again but the Overloard as a blucher or bal on the b34 with a lug sole would be really a killer shoe for me when I don't want to wear boots

post #66265 of 70737

Been wearing more trousers so I should have no excuse to not put these in the rotation more often. They have me staring at my feet all day.

 

post #66266 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartorialism View Post

Buy some of the shoe stretch liquid and apply inside and outside then wear them through the pain. They will loosen up.
 
  •  
  •  
  •  
Link to a good product? I've never purchased one of these, so I'd appreciate a recommendation. Thank you!

 

http://www.amazon.com/Moneysworth-Best-Permanent-Stretch-Liquid/dp/B00ANU8J64/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446154570&sr=8-2&keywords=shoe+stretch+liquid

post #66267 of 70737
Question for those of you who have used AE recrafting to change the sole/welt on your shoes...

To what extent will AE work with you on customizing the sole of your choice? I plan on getting the $125 package + $10 sole conversion to Red Dainite, but would like to specify more specs like stitching, midsole, etc. Is it pretty much like an MTO?

Thanks.
post #66268 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubu View Post

Question for those of you who have used AE recrafting to change the sole/welt on your shoes...

To what extent will AE work with you on customizing the sole of your choice? I plan on getting the $125 package + $10 sole conversion to Red Dainite, but would like to specify more specs like stitching, midsole, etc. Is it pretty much like an MTO?

Thanks.

 

It was like a MTO for me, I did hear other experiences that were not the same but they were pretty liberal in helping me with the changes I requested

 

 

 

 

post #66269 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubu View Post

Question for those of you who have used AE recrafting to change the sole/welt on your shoes...

To what extent will AE work with you on customizing the sole of your choice? I plan on getting the $125 package + $10 sole conversion to Red Dainite, but would like to specify more specs like stitching, midsole, etc. Is it pretty much like an MTO?

Thanks.

 

It was like a MTO for me, I did hear other experiences that were not the same but they were pretty liberal in helping me with the changes I requested

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Nice - plan to do something similar but man I have a tough time trashing a nearly new JR sole

post #66270 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

Nice - plan to do something similar but man I have a tough time trashing a nearly new JR sole

 

Haha I know the feeling, you can see the JR and horween cordovan logo on the sole were't even worn down on them at all. I actually won the free recrafting on Instagram which is why I did it so quickly. The original intention was to wait for a natural need to recraft (really though I would have been to impatient for that any ways so it worked out).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...