Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4416post #66227 of 7073710/28/15 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn
Perhaps a nice loafer? I'm an attorney as well, and a tassel loafer has a reputation as being particularly popular in our professions. Years ago, President George H.W. Bush complained that Bill Clinton had the support of "every attorney who ever wore a tasseled loafer." Personally, I prefer penny loafers and only wear them with jeans or cords, but tassel loafers are likely formal enough for work on the days you don't have a deposition or court appearance.Quote:Originally Posted by newuser123
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Freshly-polished bourbon MacGregors today. They are getting better every time I polish them. While I'm here, thoughts on what to add next to my collection? I am a lawyer and go to court /depositions once or twice a week and otherwise wear slacks and blazers or suits to the office, with slim fitting dark jeans and sweaters or OCBDs on the weekends. I have:
Black Jefferson wingtips for dark suits as well as black pants and grey sports jackets.
Dark brown Strands w/ Dainite soles.
Dark Chili daltons.
I wouldn't go with anything in walnut. I also don't want to spend on black cap toed bals at this point (will get fifth Aves eventually).
So I pose to you all: what major holes do I need to fill?
Although I concede I am in the extreme minority nowadays, I would not get a loafer if you want another shoe that would go with your suits. How about a nice oxblood Warwick? Or, if you're looking for something more casual, nothing beats a Leeds or a Dundee.post #66228 of 7073710/28/15 at 3:32pmQuote:
This man speaks truth.post #66229 of 7073710/28/15 at 3:49pmQuote:
I HIGHLY recommend the Cavanaughs. The sizing can be tricky though btw. But yeah the brown sole dressing is a must!
I got some buffing on it done so its actually shiner than the other brown soles came from AE factory.post #66230 of 7073710/28/15 at 4:03pmpost #66231 of 7073710/28/15 at 4:33pmpost #66232 of 7073710/28/15 at 4:54pmpost #66233 of 7073710/28/15 at 5:20pmpost #66234 of 7073710/28/15 at 5:57pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Buster Brown
Suede seems to be a consistently weak part of AE's catalog. It's frustrating as they've done some really nice suede make-ups for Club Monaco, Lands End and others. I know it's the AE thread, but if I was committed to buying new suede today, I'd be looking at other sources like Meermin, Carmina and Ron Rider.Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Count de Monet
Agreed on all points (and I'd add the Loake suede chukkas to your list).
What's irksome is when they DO offer something in suede, many times it's with a storm welt (eg Gobi, Dundee 2.0, Nuemok, Strandmok) and frequently with a light edge, making it a bit tougher to pair with jacket and tie. Offering a bit more formal version of a dark suede shoe or boot just isn't a priority for them.Quote:Originally Posted by tkebh979
I just grabbed some Mojaves in unlined suede from CF Stead from the shoe bank.. Some minor flaw on the inside edge dressing, but otherwise fully ok. Actually find them more comfortable than the comparatively clodhopper-esque snuff Dundee 2.0s that I picked up during RDA.
I put a pair of the bitter chocolate suede fifth's that were on closeout last year to good use as well.
Reading this again, I just realized that I haven't bought a full price suede shoe from AE... so maybe consider my advice in that light.Quote:
I ended up buying the Belgrave (stock picture) from Crockett and Jones. Thanks for the advice. Now, to wait patiently for them to arrive.post #66235 of 7073710/28/15 at 5:59pmpost #66236 of 7073710/28/15 at 6:13pmpost #66237 of 7073710/28/15 at 6:43pmpost #66238 of 7073710/28/15 at 7:36pmpost #66239 of 7073710/28/15 at 7:48pmpost #66240 of 7073710/28/15 at 8:03pmQuote:
I don't think either @BespokeBrooklyn or I suggested he should get them for suits. The OP said he already had black wingtip a and dark brown Strands for that plus plans a black punch cap soon. In took his question to mean what was a gap in his rotation for the other 3-4 days per week he isn't in a suit.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 37 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › My week in suits 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 16 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 27 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 29 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...