They see 5 days a week and checked my pedometer. I would guess 1 mile on concrete and 2 miles carpet.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4400post #65986 of 7073710/23/15 at 8:15ampost #65987 of 7073710/23/15 at 9:03ampost #65988 of 7073710/23/15 at 9:26ampost #65989 of 7073710/23/15 at 9:32ampost #65990 of 7073710/23/15 at 9:53ampost #65991 of 7073710/23/15 at 9:56ampost #65992 of 7073710/23/15 at 10:31amI know it has been asked before, but I can't find it. So my apologies.
How do you find the fit of the 606 last compared to the 511 (ie length, width, toe box, heel, volume, etc)? I have the Wilbert 8.5b (fits good) and Dalton 9b (fits good with medium-thicker socks). Thinking of ordering Patriot loafer in 9b.
Thanks in advance.post #65993 of 7073710/23/15 at 10:52ampost #65994 of 7073710/23/15 at 10:55ampost #65995 of 7073710/23/15 at 11:04amJust got in my new Jefferson (2nds) and am trying to decide if I should keep them or send them back. In the left instep it feels like some padding is wadded up (which doesn't bother me since I have a rather high instep anyway) and on the right inside it appears as if there is a Crack or scar in the leather. My big concern here isn't superficial since it's not a visible spot, but rather if it will cause a structural problem down the road
Photo of the crack/scar:
Overall photo just because:post #65996 of 7073710/23/15 at 11:15amQuote:Hard to tell from the photo whether it's actually a crack or a scar/blemish. Is the leather smooth or is it opened up there like a crack? Unless it's actually a crack, I wouldn't worry about it.Originally Posted by fox15
Just got in my new Jefferson (2nds) and am trying to decide if I should keep them or send them back. In the left instep it feels like some padding is wadded up (which doesn't bother me since I have a rather high instep anyway) and on the right inside it appears as if there is a Crack or scar in the leather. My big concern here isn't superficial since it's not a visible spot, but rather if it will cause a structural problem down the road
Photo of the crack/scar:
Overall photo just because:post #65997 of 7073710/23/15 at 11:21amQuote:
It's hard to see and tell in person.
Fortunately it's not in a high flex area being near the front of the heel, and if it was any color but walnut, I don't think I would've seen it.
because of the risk of a crack, I contacted CAC directly and arranged for an exchange. Since it is a structural flaw, they agreed to waive the restocking. Hopefully they'll have the same shoe in by the time they process everything
Edited by fox15 - 10/23/15 at 11:51ampost #65998 of 7073710/23/15 at 11:39amQuote:Originally Posted by fiddlestyx
I appreciate the input. I tried wearing them around the house last night but couldn't stop noticing the misaligned eyelet so I don't think I could keep them, even as seconds. If the misaligned eyelet was higher up the boot, it'd probably be another story.
This is my 5th AE shoe but the first one with any sort of issue, so I guess that's not terrible. I'll have to swing by the store today or tomorrow.
The non-lined up eylets is a QC issue. I have a pair of Eagle Creek/River boots 2nds from the Shoe Bank, that have the same offset eyelets. mine were cheap, and I use them as winter boots in bad weather, so not a big deal for me. But if they were 1sts and I paid full price, I would've sent them back. Realistically, it's pretty unlikely others will notice, so it just depends how much it will bother you.post #65999 of 7073710/23/15 at 1:56pmpost #66000 of 7073710/23/15 at 3:39pmSo I have these loafers, I got them roughly 9 months ago but they were only worn feb-mid may, 1-2 times a week if that. (Havent worn them since then until yesterday) I realized that the two leather soles on the left foot have been separated. Not sure if this is a problem with the welt or just regular wear. I have another pair of allen edmonds that has seen more wear and worse condition (i wore them in rain and even slush) and the soles havent separated. When i reached out to allen edmonds the customer service rep kind of implied that it was because of wear.I think its more than that because the left shoe is fine and has about equal wear.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › DE PETRILLO NAPOLI BLUE GINGHAM CHECK SPORT COAT EU52R fits EU50 /... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 23 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 24 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...