Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4383post #65732 of 7073710/18/15 at 1:01pmpost #65733 of 7073710/18/15 at 1:16pmQuote:That's the stuff. Something to keep in mind with the reno if you haven't used it before - be really careful using on shoes that have a lot of burnishing (bourbon, Bob's chili, oxblood, etc) as it contains a cleaning agent and can take the burnishing right off. I accidentally stripped the burnish off of a pair of Bob's chili, and it took me quite a while, experimenting with several colors of polish, before getting the shoes back to more or less the way they came.Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Thanks (and thanks to others who have chimed in).
Is this the same stuff? http://www.amazon.com/Saphir-Renovateur-Luxury-Leather-Care/dp/B002PLC60Y
It seems like it to me, just a bit smaller size than the 75mL one sold elsewhere. I don't anticipate using a ton of it (although that could change), and have an amazon gift card so would like to buy it on amazon if I can. Amazon also seems to carry the $22 75mL one, but for nearly half the price I'd like to try this first.
Edited by billikenman - 10/18/15 at 2:49pmpost #65734 of 7073710/18/15 at 1:18pmpost #65735 of 7073710/18/15 at 1:43pmReally hoping to get some feedback. The stitching on the inside of the right shoe feels uncomfortable against my big toe. Anyone have this happen before?Quote:Originally Posted by StylinProfilin
Bought a new pair of Arezzos during the RDA sale. Found this little hole on the side.debating whether I should return it based on just this defect.
One other thing, on the inside of the right shoe, my big toe is rubbing against the stitching which is unconfortable. Oddly, the left shoe is fine. Anyone experience this before?post #65736 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:02pmpost #65737 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by billikenman
That's the stuff. Something to keep in mind with the reno if you haven't used it before - be really careful using on shoes that have a lot of burnishing (bourbon, Bob's chili, oxblood, etc) as it contains a cleaning agent and can take the burnishing right off. I accidentally stripped the burnish off of a pair of Bob's chili, and it quite a while, experimenting with several colors of polish, before getting the shoes back to more or less the way they came.
Thanks for the advice. I plan on using it on my first ever pair of shell cordovan shoes (well, boots). Not yet sure if I'll use it for any calfskin.post #65738 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:36pmpost #65739 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:37pmpost #65740 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:40pmpost #65741 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:53pm
Add me to the list of squeakers.
Got my brown grain 2.0's yesterday (ordered on the last day of the sale, after I dithered and missed out on some tan McT's) and these things squeak like a mofo! I have some AE cleaner/conditioner, and I've used it to stop the squeak on my Bleecker Streets, but I'm a bit hesitant to put some on since I'm not "in love" with these and might return them.
When I first found AE, I just knew the Black Hills were the most comfortable of the ones I tried on that day and walked out with them. Every 65-last shoe since then has been a winner. I did try the 511 Dalton & Long Branch last fall when looking for a boot (and ended up with the 65-Bleekers, natch) and recall that they fit OK. I seem to need slightly thicker socks for these Dundees to stay in place on my right foot. Not the end of the world for a casual fall chukka, but still trying to rationalize.
Any thoughts on putting a little conditioner on to tame the squeak if I might return them?post #65742 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:54pmOxblood was a tad too light and flashy for me so I let some renouvateur sit in the leather for 20 min and hit the shoes with some merlot Polish. Loving these so far...they are at the right height so they did not bother my ankles during the break-in stage like my fifth street and dundees did.post #65743 of 7073710/18/15 at 2:55pmpost #65744 of 7073710/18/15 at 3:21pmpost #65745 of 7073710/18/15 at 3:24pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 37 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 56 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 2 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...