Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4382post #65717 of 7073710/17/15 at 8:05pmpost #65718 of 7073710/17/15 at 8:35pm
I bought the new First Avenue dress boots in tan grain and have been wearing them a lot lately. This is probably my favorite AE last for comfort. The size is 8D, my normal size is 8E. I also have the Yorktown in the same last, but 8D was too tight, probably because it's not a boot.
The tan grain looks similar to walnut in real life. in the tan grain, they are not dressy, but work with just about anything.post #65719 of 7073710/17/15 at 9:24pm
For those of you who picked up a Strand Collection Double Flap Briefcase during the RDA sale... Look at the AE website!
THEY ARE NO LONGER ON THE WEBSITE.
Great timing guys :)
How often (# of wearings) do you spray your suede shoes with waterproofer?
I'm trying to figure out how often I'll waterproof my snuff suede dundees.... every 7 wearings? Maybe even 10?
Edited by HealthActuary - 10/17/15 at 9:35pmpost #65720 of 7073710/17/15 at 10:33pmpost #65721 of 7073710/17/15 at 10:39pmpost #65722 of 7073710/17/15 at 10:46pmpost #65723 of 7073710/17/15 at 10:54pmQuote:
If 'm not mistaken, that's a twice discontinued bicycle toe on the 8 last. In my opinion, either the Dundee or Delray (or LaSalle or Clark Street) would be vastly superior, even if you spend more..post #65724 of 7073710/17/15 at 11:05pmQuote:
Yea. Im actually more interested in the Delrays. I had a bit of bad luck in the RDA sale with the Delrays. I was about to order a pair on the last day late at night. And just when I was about to finish the checkout, the price went up to 385. Bummer but oh well. At least I still got the Strands and Daltons on sale.post #65725 of 7073710/18/15 at 5:31amQuote:I had this happen before. I just emailed them and explained and they were happy to give me the sale price.Originally Posted by Newberry
Yea. Im actually more interested in the Delrays. I had a bit of bad luck in the RDA sale with the Delrays. I was about to order a pair on the last day late at night. And just when I was about to finish the checkout, the price went up to 385. Bummer but oh well. At least I still got the Strands and Daltons on sale.post #65726 of 7073710/18/15 at 6:28am
I should have suspected you were a local by your user name...
Do you have any experience with their repair service? I have some stitching coming loose on one of my Long Branches and it would nice to have a local shop to call on.
Tompost #65727 of 7073710/18/15 at 7:08amQuote:
Interesting. I had to go down a half size on the Cornwallis. They basically fit me the same as the Franciscans.
But I, too, found them instantly comfortable.
Berniepost #65728 of 7073710/18/15 at 7:17ampost #65729 of 7073710/18/15 at 7:39amQuote:Originally Posted by M635Guy
I bought mine from The Hanger Project. I've ordered several items from them, and the alacrity and communication was great. The only small issue I experienced was addressed by Kirby himself. Saphir seems to be priced pretty much the same anywhere you see it, so I like supporting a small business. I got a chance to talk to him for a few minutes, and he sounds like a solid guy and good businessman.
(btw - I own a fair range of Saphir products, and I've been very happy/impressed with all of them...)
Thanks (and thanks to others who have chimed in).
Is this the same stuff? http://www.amazon.com/Saphir-Renovateur-Luxury-Leather-Care/dp/B002PLC60Y
It seems like it to me, just a bit smaller size than the 75mL one sold elsewhere. I don't anticipate using a ton of it (although that could change), and have an amazon gift card so would like to buy it on amazon if I can. Amazon also seems to carry the $22 75mL one, but for nearly half the price I'd like to try this first.post #65730 of 7073710/18/15 at 11:51am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › NWT Transit Uomo Reversible Check Linen Parka Coat sz IT52 L XL 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Louis Vuitton Epi Leather 55 Boston Keepall 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...