Quick q: Planning to buy the clifton, but length wise are they tts compared to PA and strands (which I have to size down)? TIA
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 437post #6542 of 707376/22/12 at 4:48pmLOL @ these. I think AE might just be trolling us at this point.
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF7045_1_40000000001_-1post #6543 of 707376/22/12 at 5:18pm
I have a general inquiry regarding AE shoes. I want to get a pair but being that I'm a college student on a budget I want to try my luck on ebay. So regarding the fit. I measure a 9 D on a brannock device. Is that the size I should purchase. I tried a pair on and they seemed fine. Stiff and a tad of heel slippage. Is that normal? TIApost #6544 of 707376/22/12 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrDrumngun
I have a general inquiry regarding AE shoes. I want to get a pair but being that I'm a college student on a budget I want to try my luck on ebay. So regarding the fit. I measure a 9 D on a brannock device. Is that the size I should purchase. I tried a pair on and they seemed fine. Stiff and a tad of heel slippage. Is that normal? TIA
I would try on all the sizes around 9D to see if you can find anything that fits just as comfortably without the slippage (8.5D, 9C, etc.).post #6545 of 707376/22/12 at 7:09pmpost #6546 of 707376/22/12 at 7:15pmpost #6547 of 707376/23/12 at 7:41ampost #6548 of 707376/23/12 at 8:27amQuote:
Doesn't sound crazy to me
I always snap up shell if it's a good deal, then buy more because it was a good deal. Unfoetunately, there has been a bit of a shell drought in my size lately. Of course, that helps the new house fund and vacation fund, so not all bad I guess.post #6549 of 707376/23/12 at 8:46ampost #6550 of 707376/23/12 at 8:49am
Great price. The pics on http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6153/1-piece5-ways-allen-edmonds-wingtip-brogue-boots/ are really pushing me towards getting another pair of boots, even though I already have the fifth street and malvern (and 2 pairs of AEs currently in the mail). This place is a terrible influence!post #6551 of 707376/23/12 at 9:32ampost #6552 of 707376/23/12 at 2:05pmpost #6553 of 707376/23/12 at 5:40pm
Here's my story on a quest for Daltons --- I ordered a pair of walnut calf Daltons. I happened to AE cust service and they had a pair of walnut shell Daltons in stock so I took a chance on them although I never thought I'd be able to get a pair so quick. They both arrived a day apart. Here are some pics:
The calfskin Daltons below (no flash):
Then the walnut shell Daltons...
It's hard to tell that much difference from the above photos but the look and especially the feel is dramatic when you wear them or have them in your hands. Some differences between the calfskin and shell Daltons in walnut:
- the color of the calf boots seem to have more red and yellow in them and more burnishing on the medallion. The shell color is "browner" and more like an Alden ravello (I wish) but with less red in it. These are my first shell cordovan boots and the depth of color is incredible. Also, the way the color changes depending on what light it's under is amazing.
- the shell Daltons are not lined. I'm not sure what my preference would be. The shell leather is so thick that having a lining might make them just too much. But not sure, because having a nice soft glove-like leather lining is wonderful, too.
- the shells have a leather heel with the dovetail rubber insert vs. the full rubber heel on the calf.
- the shells have a J Rendenbach leather sole vs. the butyl-soaked leather sole on the calf.
- hard to see in the picture but the shells have an extra line of stitching bordering the brogueing all along the eyelets and the top of the vamp. I think it adds a little more balance visually.
I returned the calfskin Daltons to AE and was enjoying my shells (wore them about three times) when I noticed that there was rip and the stitching was coming loose under where the bottom eyelet was. See pictures below...
Realistically, the boots would have probably functioned well without a problem but I paid full-price for these and I'm somewhat anal-retentive about these things and it would have probably bothered me everytime I wore them. So I talked to AE customer service and they said to ship them back. I had to wait quite a long time for them after they received the boots (something about they were moving offices or something) but in the end, the reputation of AE's excellent customer service was confirmed. They didn't have any more shell boots in stock but found one at a retail store. I have had the boots for about 10 days now and am thoroughly enjoying them.
Under artificial light...
Under almost direct sunlight...
Are the shells worth $300 more than the calfs?? Of course, that's totally subjective. But me personally, I'm happy with the decision I made.post #6554 of 707376/23/12 at 7:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by spitshine123
Great price. The pics on http://www.thestyleblogger.com/6153/1-piece5-ways-allen-edmonds-wingtip-brogue-boots/ are really pushing me towards getting another pair of boots, even though I already have the fifth street and malvern (and 2 pairs of AEs currently in the mail). This place is a terrible influence!H
Here's hoping there are no major defects. This is the first time I've ever found seconds of the Dalton in my size.post #6555 of 707376/23/12 at 7:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by bl@ster
LOL @ these. I think AE might just be trolling us at this point.
I actually think it's pretty cool.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › NIB: Alden Navy CXL LWB, 11.5 EE 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Personalized Leather Briefcase by RockDove - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Cleverley, Saint Crispins, Bemer, Trickers, Sargent, Vauk, Sanders 16 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...