or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4352  

post #65266 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
 

Since AE's website doesn't seem to list them, can someone tell me what last Clifton was on? They fit me well.

 

The Clifton is on the 108 last. "Known more simply as the 8 last, the 108 last has an elongated forepart with a tapered and flatter toe. It is similar to the 222 last with a longer, narrower fit and a rounded toe."

post #65267 of 70737

Looking to pick up the Fifth Ave but not sure which to pick Bourbon calf or Burnished Calf

 

Current have:

McAllister in Walnut

Delray in Black

Clifton in Burgandy

post #65268 of 70737

Anyone have experience with this company? Seems too good to be true.

 

http://storemoustache.com

post #65269 of 70737

post #65270 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by spena View Post
 

Looking to pick up the Fifth Ave but not sure which to pick Bourbon calf or Burnished Calf

 

Current have:

McAllister in Walnut

Delray in Black

Clifton in Burgandy

 

Bourbon is a color, "Burnished" isn't.  Did you mean brown?

post #65271 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 

Anyone have experience with this company? Seems too good to be true.

 

http://storemoustache.com

My guess is corrected grain leather.  Their "smooth/gloss" leathers are almost certainly that.

 

Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I have some corrected grain for snow duties.

post #65272 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by spena View Post
 

Looking to pick up the Fifth Ave but not sure which to pick Bourbon calf or Burnished Calf

 

Current have:

McAllister in Walnut

Delray in Black

Clifton in Burgandy

I vote for bourbon. It's an amazing color.

post #65273 of 70737

What is considered the best loafer for wide feet and a high bridge? I've tried the Patriot in my normal 9EEE and literally couldn't get my foot in. 

 

A burgundy loafer is a major hole in my rotation, would like to fill it. 

 

 

Thanks!

post #65274 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 

Anyone have experience with this company? Seems too good to be true.

 

http://storemoustache.com

 

I saw the brand on Gilt I believe.

 

Founder's profile: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dhruv-bhalla/34/b03/770

 

Brand website: http://3dmlifestyle.com/

 

I am pretty sure the quality is going to be like one of those sold at DSW. Photos are after-effect treated..

post #65275 of 70737

Anyone have a Pine River Double Monk...I am only now getting back to wearing some denim after about a decade away and these look like they would have been good match for denim of various colors. Anyone have a pic of these being worn or broken in?

 

post #65276 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Anyone have a Pine River Double Monk...I am only now getting back to wearing some denim after about a decade away and these look like they would have been good match for denim of various colors. Anyone have a pic of these being worn or broken in?



I remember these. They look way cool. I remember really wanting a pair but having a much more limited budget in those days.
post #65277 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Anyone have a Pine River Double Monk...I am only now getting back to wearing some denim after about a decade away and these look like they would have been good match for denim of various colors. Anyone have a pic of these being worn or broken in?



Yeah...those were the shit
post #65278 of 70737

Went into an AE store today and dropped $$ on...

Dundee 2.0 - Snuff Suede (4 week wait)

Wide Basic Dress Belt - Snuff Suede (1 week wait)

Shoe trees, Waterproofing Spray, Suede Cleaning System (nylon brush+eraser)

 

Approximately $425 for all of this which is, for me, a steal.

 

 

I wear an 8E for Strand/PA/McAllister and sized down to 7.5E for the Dundee 2.0s.  Someone was wondering about sizing for the Dundee 2.0s if I recall correctly.


Edited by HealthActuary - 10/10/15 at 1:54pm
post #65279 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSamurai View Post
 

What is considered the best loafer for wide feet and a high bridge? I've tried the Patriot in my normal 9EEE and literally couldn't get my foot in. 

 

A burgundy loafer is a major hole in my rotation, would like to fill it. 

 

 

Thanks!

 

Try the Randolph.  The fit is more generous than the Patriot.  And they come in burgundy. 

post #65280 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLeslieS View Post

Try the Randolph.  The fit is more generous than the Patriot.  And they come in burgundy. 

or the Kenwood? I have a high instep and that fits me fine. no idea how that compares to Randolph or Patriot though
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...