Well, who are we to stop you? Especially when it comes to shell.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4350post #65236 of 7073710/9/15 at 5:36pmpost #65237 of 7073710/9/15 at 5:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by sdfish
I'm new to AE for the most part, didn't even know the company existed until January. I have a dozen pairs or so now, but my favorite AE style, the Bleecker Streets, I had to return because I couldn't get them to stop squeaking. It was bad. I kept them about 8 months and just returned because no matter what I did (wear around the house, condition, etc...), they weren't getting any better. AE agreed there was nothing that could be done and offered a refund.
I still can't get them out of my mind though. I want Bleecker Streets, badly.
Is it possible to custom order them? Even in shell perhaps?
That's a bummer. Did you try using some leather lotion? Some of us here had that problem and rubbing a little leather lotion on the tongue of the shoe where it rubbed against the eyelets stopped the squeaking. At least for me it did.post #65238 of 7073710/9/15 at 5:45pmpost #65239 of 7073710/9/15 at 5:47pmQuote:
Wow, also a bummer. I bought my suede McGregors from there. Is this a deal only you can get for us?post #65240 of 7073710/9/15 at 5:49pmpost #65241 of 7073710/9/15 at 5:50pmpost #65242 of 7073710/9/15 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by suuteebird
I'm thinking of adding a bourbon shoe to my collection and am looking for recommendations.
I currently have:
Hopkinson - Black
Jefferson - Dark Brown
Rogue - Walnut
University - Dark Chili
Strand - Oxblood
Dundee 2.0 - Dark Brown Grain (on order)
Patriot - Burgundy
Long Branch - Golden Brown Chromexcel
I kind of like the Flatiron or the Fifth Ave...
Who wants to give a shout out for their preferred bourbon style? Suggestions?
I have the Flatiron in bourbon and like it very much. It's a bit squarer in the toe than I typically like (though certainly just "chiseled") but I find that color combined with the toe medallion looks really nice.
(P.S. Longtime lurker, first time poster. Over the past eighteen months or so I've begun to invest in quality footwear for my job which requires daily business dress. I've currently got a rotation of a dozen or so, consisting of AE and Meermin)post #65243 of 7073710/9/15 at 6:04pmQuote:
Yeah, I tried that. Used the Fiebing's Leather Lotion specifically, among other things. It helped it for a couple minutes, but never enough that I would be comfortable wearing them in public.post #65244 of 7073710/9/15 at 6:06pmpost #65245 of 7073710/9/15 at 6:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn
Agreed, as applied to current models. But the $157/$127/$97 to which some discontinued styles are discounted is incredible. Some styles are discontinued for good reasons, but the Amoks, Bleecker Streets, McGraws, Patriots, merlot Park Avenues and Graysons, chili Daltons, snuff suede Strands, etc. are worth a trip to the shoebank, even when the sale is running.
When I read the original post I was about to respond but then you pretty much said exactly what I was going to say. Discontinued styles are definitely worth the seconds vs. firsts difference.post #65246 of 7073710/9/15 at 6:34pmpost #65247 of 7073710/9/15 at 6:45pmQuote:Chili Daltons? Did I miss something?Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn
Agreed, as applied to current models. But the $157/$127/$97 to which some discontinued styles are discounted is incredible. Some styles are discontinued for good reasons, but the Amoks, Bleecker Streets, McGraws, Patriots, merlot Park Avenues and Graysons, chili Daltons, snuff suede Strands, etc. are worth a trip to the shoebank, even when the sale is running.post #65248 of 7073710/9/15 at 7:34pmQuote:
It's a deal available to anyone who walks in the store. If you call the store and do a phone order, you will have to pay the current Shoebank price. I am hoping that in a few days there will be more tempting reductions. They are moving all of the hardware from this store to a soon-to-be-opened location in New Jersey.post #65249 of 7073710/9/15 at 7:42pmQuote:
Like these I just got? (Still waiting for a cleaning tonight)post #65250 of 7073710/9/15 at 7:42pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway