or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4345  

post #65161 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBridge View Post
 

I finally got lucky at burlington coat factory, first quality Bleecker Street in brown for $120. The only thing wrong were missing laces. 

 

 

Nice!  I love mine in brown shell

 

post #65162 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

All of these pictures of new shoes are making me a little jealous. I ordered a pair on Tuesday, and my SA told me that they'd ship the next day from the warehouse. I still haven't received shipping notification though. It was the last pair in that style and size, which worries me a little.

They've been very slow on all fronts.  Their "Live Chat" wasn't working for me, but if you have an order number you might try that, or e-mailing them.

 

You're probably fine...

post #65163 of 70737

I took members' advice here and just bought a burgundy Park Avenue. Probably delivered early next week. Looking to pair with navy blue pants.

 

I was thinking of going about either getting some burnishing or adding some depth the color (abstract idea..). Wanted to see if anyone altered their burgundy color by adding different polishing color. And was wondering how it may have came out!

 

Any suggestions on "improving" the color on the generic burgundy?

post #65164 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 

 

Nice!  I love mine in brown shell

 


just can't spoiler these...incredible!!

post #65165 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenoobie View Post

I took members' advice here and just bought a burgundy Park Avenue. Probably delivered early next week. Looking to pair with navy blue pants.

I was thinking of going about either getting some burnishing or adding some depth the color (abstract idea..). Wanted to see if anyone altered their burgundy color by adding different polishing color. And was wondering how it may have came out!

Any suggestions on "improving" the color on the generic burgundy?

Burgundy calf? You can try buffing them with very little black polish on the ties and heels...
post #65166 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenoobie View Post
 

I took members' advice here and just bought a burgundy Park Avenue. Probably delivered early next week. Looking to pair with navy blue pants.

 

I was thinking of going about either getting some burnishing or adding some depth the color (abstract idea..). Wanted to see if anyone altered their burgundy color by adding different polishing color. And was wondering how it may have came out!

 

Any suggestions on "improving" the color on the generic burgundy?

Burgundy shell? Just follow general shell care routines. If calf, which AE color calf is it?

post #65167 of 70737

My current rotation:

Park Avenue:  Black, Brown, Merlot

McAllister (my favorite AE shoe): Black, Brown, Merlot, Dark Chili, Bourbon, Walnut

Strand:  Oxblood

Byron:  Black, Chili

Fifth Avenue: Bourbon

Delray: Black, Brown, Chili

McNeil 2.0:  Walnut, Dark Chili

Adams:  Burgundy

Shelton:  Walnut/Brown, Burgundy/Black

Bradley:  Chili Grain, Burgundy Shell

Leeds:  Black Shell, Burgundy Shell

Sanford:  Black, Brown, Walnut, Burgundy Shell

Walton:  Chili

Hillcrest: Walnut

Hampton:  Brown/Brown Grain

McTavish: Cognac

Bruce: Chestnut

Black Hills: Walnut

Gridiron:  Football Leather

Strandmok:  Tan

Rush Street: Golden CXL

Malvern:  Brown Grain

Duke: Football Leather

Broadstreet: Walnut/Bone, Bourbon/Black  (I almost never wear these, but I love them like I love art.)

 

I own too many shoes.  However, I would still like a pair of Players 2.0 in Brown Grain, a pair of Clark Streets in Natural CXL, and Graysons in a few colors.  Plus more Shell Cordovan.  I need to thin the herd.

post #65168 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

I don't think that concentric circles in the heel indicate an AE shoe. I think it more likely indicates that both pairs had a heel repair/replacement at some time.

Looks to me like the AE insoles had the circles on them, though. These are the Leeds.


EDIT: I'm wondering if those circles are from shoe trees?
post #65169 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post

I'm debating picking up the strand double flap brief case. It is discounted 40% and is going to shipped back to the warehouses after the sale. I think they are discontinuing the line. Do they get sold at outlets after being collected?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKIII View Post
 

I picked up a Park Ave Flag briefcase at an outlet over the summer. It was around $300? They had 3 of them, and the one I got was pretty clean, but the other two were pretty beat up. That said, I feel pretty lucky to have snagged it. I ordered a Strand Double Flap during the sale because I didn't want to roll the dice on an outlet purchase in the future for what I consider a negligible additional discount (compared to standard J.W. Hulme and Saddleback prices, the current 40% off is pretty solid). I also called two outlets first to see if they had any 2nds, and they didn't, so it doesn't seem to me like they'll have significant extra stock left after the RDA sale.

I had been eyeing the strand double flap briefcase for like 4 months prior to the RDA sale... I expected 20% off and would have pulled the trigger but at 40% off I didn't even think twice.

 

I called in ASAP and asked my SA to put the nicest one in the store on hold and I picked it up the very next day.  The briefcase looked damn near perfect and I cannot wait for it to look even more beautiful as it ages over the length of my entire career... maybe I might be able to pass it on to the next generation (when that time comes...).

 

I've had it for like 2 weeks now and I've gotten countless looks and compliments.  It is a timeless design.

 

 

 

DILEMMA.

 

I gave in and decided I will take advantage of the amazing sales involving the Dundee Suede and Suede Wide Basic Belt and such...

 

SNUFF SUEDE OR BITTER CHOCOLATE SUEDE???

 

I'm leaning toward SNUFF, but any solid reasons could turn me to bitter chocolate suede.  I want something very versatile... I'm not too concerned about them getting "dirty" as that comes with wearings and age. 

 

Snuff is dark enough yet still pops out, but bitter chocolate suede would be the more trad color?


 

Bitter Chocolate Suede (Click to show)

 

yr61Qjo.jpg?1

 

Snuff Suede (Click to show)
C671dSS.jpg?1
post #65170 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey_sandwich View Post

Looks to me like the AE insoles had the circles on them, though. These are the Leeds.


EDIT: I'm wondering if those circles are from shoe trees?
What I was trying to say is that both your AE Leeds and your mystery shoe had a heel repair or replacement, leaving those marks. It's no big deal. It just isn't something that can be used to identify AE shoes.
post #65171 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenoobie View Post

I took members' advice here and just bought a burgundy Park Avenue. Probably delivered early next week. Looking to pair with navy blue pants.

I was thinking of going about either getting some burnishing or adding some depth the color (abstract idea..). Wanted to see if anyone altered their burgundy color by adding different polishing color. And was wondering how it may have came out!

Any suggestions on "improving" the color on the generic burgundy?

I believe @Garland had an interesting post a few pages back where he refinished a pair of burgundy shoes. He used some layered polishes on them.
post #65172 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

What I was trying to say is that both your AE Leeds and your mystery shoe had a heel repair or replacement, leaving those marks. It's no big deal. It just isn't something that can be used to identify AE shoes.
I gotcha. The weird thing is that it's on the AE insole (in that pic I posted). I think it may be from shoe trees now I look more closely...
post #65173 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Burgundy calf? You can try buffing them with very little black polish on the ties and heels...

 

So just black?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKIII View Post
 

Burgundy shell? Just follow general shell care routines. If calf, which AE color calf is it?

 

It is burgundy CALF. What could I try?

post #65174 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLeslieS View Post

My current rotation:



Park Avenue:  Black, Brown, Merlot



McAllister (my favorite AE shoe): Black, Brown, Merlot, Dark Chili, Bourbon, Walnut



Strand:  Oxblood



Byron:  Black, Chili



Fifth Avenue: Bourbon



Delray: Black, Brown, Chili



McNeil 2.0:  Walnut, Dark Chili



Adams:  Burgundy



Shelton:  Walnut/Brown, Burgundy/Black




Bradley:  Chili Grain, Burgundy Shell



Leeds:  Black Shell, Burgundy Shell



Sanford:  Black, Brown, Walnut, Burgundy Shell



Walton:  Chili



Hillcrest: Walnut



Hampton:  Brown/Brown Grain



McTavish: Cognac



Bruce: Chestnut



Black Hills: Walnut



Gridiron:  Football Leather



Strandmok:  Tan



Rush Street: Golden CXL



Malvern:  Brown Grain



Duke: Football Leather



Broadstreet: Walnut/Bone, Bourbon/Black  (I almost never wear these, but I love them like I love art.)



 



I own too many shoes.  However, I would still like a pair of Players 2.0 in Brown Grain, a pair of Clark Streets in Natural CXL, and Graysons in a few colors.  Plus more Shell Cordovan.  I need to thin the herd.



That's not a rotation. That's a condition smile.gif

Now that I finally picked up my walnut Strand at the RDA sale I think my next 2 pair of shoes will be the Players brown grain and Clarks St.
post #65175 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthActuary View Post
 

 

I had been eyeing the strand double flap briefcase for like 4 months prior to the RDA sale... I expected 20% off and would have pulled the trigger but at 40% off I didn't even think twice.

 

I called in ASAP and asked my SA to put the nicest one in the store on hold and I picked it up the very next day.  The briefcase looked damn near perfect and I cannot wait for it to look even more beautiful as it ages over the length of my entire career... maybe I might be able to pass it on to the next generation (when that time comes...).

 

I've had it for like 2 weeks now and I've gotten countless looks and compliments.  It is a timeless design.

 

 

 

DILEMMA.

 

I gave in and decided I will take advantage of the amazing sales involving the Dundee Suede and Suede Wide Basic Belt and such...

 

SNUFF SUEDE OR BITTER CHOCOLATE SUEDE???

 

I'm leaning toward SNUFF, but any solid reasons could turn me to bitter chocolate suede.  I want something very versatile... I'm not too concerned about them getting "dirty" as that comes with wearings and age. 

 

Snuff is dark enough yet still pops out, but bitter chocolate suede would be the more trad color?


 

Bitter Chocolate Suede (Click to show)

 

yr61Qjo.jpg?1

 

Snuff Suede (Click to show)
C671dSS.jpg?1

 

I had a bitter choco loafers before. I really didn't like the color much.. I am actually in the middle of trying to get the snuff color.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...