or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4340  

post #65086 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKIII View Post
 

That looks like some really, really loose lacing for bal boots, intentional?


Hah.....I call it excitement ;-). Came home ...the boots were sitting at my front door and I had to rush to the gym so it was a quick 'trial' for fit ....I had a terrible experience with the Dalton's so wanted to make sure these were comfy in every way.

 

Can't wait to wear it tomorrow! Highly recommend (as long as one keeps a mental note of the size/width).

post #65087 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

Those boots look gorgeous. Just ordered my first pair of boots today... Hope I stop at 1

 

Well you already called them your "first" pair of boots, so most likely you have intentions of ordering more. Don't fight it.

post #65088 of 70737

What color Allen Edmonds would go with black pants? I have a hard time discerning their colors.  Bought a pair of Chestnut color and it looks more dark brown to me. Which style would be more casual and go with jeans?

post #65089 of 70737

No shade of brown shoes goes with black pants. You could maybe get some black longwings to go with black jeans, dunno if they'd be kosher with a black suit though.

post #65090 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
 

No shade of brown shoes goes with black pants. You could maybe get some black longwings to go with black jeans, dunno if they'd be kosher with a black suit though.

 

My thoughts seemed to merge together there.  I know brown shoes won't go with black.  Just illustrating that I don't know their colors well.  I thought the chestnut would be a lighter brown.  I am looking for a second pair of Edmonds that would go with black pants.  Is black the only color? Or would a burgundy? Would that be Edmonds oxbloods and merlots?

post #65091 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades9323 View Post
 

What color Allen Edmonds would go with black pants? I have a hard time discerning their colors.  Bought a pair of Chestnut color and it looks more dark brown to me. Which style would be more casual and go with jeans?

 
I feel with black I would only wear black.  How about something like the Mcgregors.  You can pull them off with black jean or even slacks.  
post #65092 of 70737

Every time I buy a new pair of AE shoes I tell myself they are my favorite pair. These brown burnished Fifth Aves are amazing. I need to stop buying shoes for a little while though. I've been wanting Mora 2.0s and while I was in the store today, my SA brought a pair out in my size and put them on the floor in front of me. I resisted for about 10 minutes before putting them on. I managed to still say no.

post #65093 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by P12OFIT View Post
 

Every time I buy a new pair of AE shoes I tell myself they are my favorite pair. These brown burnished Fifth Aves are amazing. I need to stop buying shoes for a little while though. I've been wanting Mora 2.0s and while I was in the store today, my SA brought a pair out in my size and put them on the floor in front of me. I resisted for about 10 minutes before putting them on. I managed to still say no.


Since I missed that damn Neumora I wanted the Mora 2.0.  Finally tried it last Thurs and boy did it not fit well.  Lucky for me the Norwich worked out as good as it did, single monk is better than no monk.

post #65094 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 


Since I missed that damn Neumora I wanted the Mora 2.0.  Finally tried it last Thurs and boy did it not fit well.  Lucky for me the Norwich worked out as good as it did, single monk is better than no monk.

 

I liked it, but it felt a little big. I didn't try on a different size because I am trying to cut wardrobe spending a bit. She offered a great discount, but I still had to decline.. for now.

post #65095 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmusic1 View Post


Between these two posts and the others, I am not seeing much consistency. After thinking about these, the fit of my current line up, and my brannock measurements, I am thinking I would probably best take a 9.5 C or 10B. Perhaps a 9.5D will work. I'll just have to try them on, so no eBay purchases until then. Sigh 

Yeah that's the problem with asking the internet. I tried some 511 last (Dalton I think) last year and I was same size as my 65 - 10D. Really best to try for yourself.
post #65096 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmusic1 View Post

Can anyone give me their take on sizing for the 511 last as compared to the 65 and 333. I am a 9.5D in both. Looking at a pair of Sheltons and curious. 
I wear the same size in all three. That doesn't mean that they all fit the same though.
To me, the 65 is the best fit. It's a little snug on my little toe on the left foot at first, but loosens up and fits pretty good.
The 511 isn't too bad either. It's a little shorter than the 65, and also fits pretty well.
The 3 last is the roomiest of these three. I could probably go down a half size, or reduce the width, and have a little better fit.
post #65097 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

Those boots look gorgeous. Just ordered my first pair of boots today... Hope I stop at 1

Ha ha. Good luck with that, buddy! happy.gif
post #65098 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

I wear the same size in all three. That doesn't mean that they all fit the same though.
To me, the 65 is the best fit. It's a little snug on my little toe on the left foot at first, but loosens up and fits pretty good.
The 511 isn't too bad either. It's a little shorter than the 65, and also fits pretty well.
The 3 last is the roomiest of these three. I could probably go down a half size, or reduce the width, and have a little better fit.

Actually sounds exactly how would describe the way the 65 and 3 fit me.
post #65099 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post


They are a bit snugg for me. I wear a 10.5d in all 3 last. Fits more like 511.


thanks, i'll go with my 511 last size then...

post #65100 of 70737

I ordered the Daltons in Walnut in the normal sole.  Now debating if I should have gotten them in Dainite, logically living in FL it makes for sense.  I already have the Mcgregor and Clark St in Dainite and really enjoy them. 

 

Thoughts?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...