or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4337  

post #65041 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

Those look great! Mine are on order, and now I'm even more anxious to get them. (I got the last pair in my size.)

Great! Have fun with them. The Leeds was so nice I ordered a walnut one a few days after the brown ones arrived wink.gif I'm not allowed to buy any more shoes for a while now or I'll get in trouble with the SO...
post #65042 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdatta View Post
 
I'm particularly interested in knowing if chili is a solid color and oxblood is burnished.

 

i am certain that oxblood is burnished, and i am relatively sure that chili is solid (but there have been enough different shades of chili over the past year or two that i am at some risk of conflation there)

post #65043 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by stro View Post

i am certain that oxblood is burnished, and i am relatively sure that chili is solid (but there have been enough different shades of chili over the past year or two that i am at some risk of conflation there)

Thanks, that's quite helpful. It's a pity that the burnishing doesn't hold up. Do you know if the oxblood is a burnished merlot? What is the base for the oxblood, the Merlot seems darker.
post #65044 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdatta View Post

Thanks, that's quite helpful. It's a pity that the burnishing doesn't hold up. Do you know if the oxblood is a burnished merlot? What is the base for the oxblood, the Merlot seems darker.

black cherry is the base for oxblood not merlot...the dark chili is not a burnished color according to 2 sales associate Ive asked..my pair of dark chili burnished shoes also don't look as thinly tinted as my bourbon shoes and the oxblood shoes I've seen in store..my dark chili shoes appear much more solid and uniform throughout the finish than either bourbon or the oxblood have ever looked to me...whatever that's worth
post #65045 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post

Hello SF. Last week I bought a pair of black Strands with the leather sole. Problem is they feel real uncomfortable when I just walk around my room with them on. I would like to know if the Dainite sole is more comfortable. If so, so I can exchange them. Thanks!

 

Interesting post. I just opened my Fifth Avenues with Dainite last night, and wore them all day today. I've never had it before, and the first thing I said was how much more comfortable they were out of the box than the vast majority of my AEs with the traditional sole. 

post #65046 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkun View Post

Great! Have fun with them. The Leeds was so nice I ordered a walnut one a few days after the brown ones arrived wink.gif I'm not allowed to buy any more shoes for a while now or I'll get in trouble with the SO...
I would get in trouble for buying more shoes too. But, like I said, I am selling some that don't fit well or I don't wear any more. So I figure I could pretty safely add a pair or two if I'm getting rid of some. I'll end up with fewer shoes, but I'll have ones that fit better.
post #65047 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post


black cherry is the base for oxblood not merlot...the dark chili is not a burnished color according to 2 sales associate Ive asked..my pair of dark chili burnished shoes also don't look as thinly tinted as my bourbon shoes and the oxblood shoes I've seen in store..my dark chili shoes appear much more solid and uniform throughout the finish than either bourbon or the oxblood have ever looked to me...whatever that's worth

 

 

Ive seen chili, and ive seen dark chili, I have yet to see burnished dark chili. Any idea why the burnishing on the dark chili holds up better than the rest?

 

Im fairly certain that I will return my oxblood strands. Instead I will likely get one of the following (in order of preference) dark chili mcallisters, dark chili 5th aves, merlot mcallisters, or brown strands.

 

I currently own brown park aves, black 5th aves, bourbon strands, and walnut daltons. I dont work in a conservative environment but I like AEs.

post #65048 of 70737
Just looked thru the catalog that just came in mail a few days ago.

The new Yorktown and the First Avenue brown grain boots are really attractive.

If anyone has either feel free to load some pics.
post #65049 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post

Just looked thru the catalog that just came in mail a few days ago.

The new Yorktown and the First Avenue brown grain boots are really attractive.

If anyone has either feel free to load some pics.
I should receive the First Ave in brown grain tomorrow and will post some pics.
post #65050 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post


I should receive the First Ave in brown grain tomorrow and will post some pics.


Please do!  I have been considering picking up the First Ave in brown grain too.  Just haven't had a chance to stop by the store, but would appreciate to see real world photos of them.

 

Received my walnut (calf) strands with dainite soles from the Freeport ME shoebank and they weren't kidding, they look like a good pair; I didn't notice any flaws.  I do prefer the look of the leather sole better, but I don't have many non-leather soled shoes so it's a nice addition to the mix

post #65051 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post

Interesting post. I just opened my Fifth Avenues with Dainite last night, and wore them all day today. I've never had it before, and the first thing I said was how much more comfortable they were out of the box than the vast majority of my AEs with the traditional sole. 

I haven't noticed any difference in comfort between my Dainite soled Strands and my leather soled Strands. I definitely prefer the absence of the heel insert over the insole in the leather version. It's not irritating when walking but I can definitely notice it with every step.
post #65052 of 70737
Happy Walnut Wednesday.
post #65053 of 70737


I would seek those players if I were even remotely close to NYC. Such is life. Saves me $99 though. 

post #65054 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
 

Only just now got my RDA catalog in the mail... wonder what took so long.

 

The U.S.P.S. 

 

I once sent out a photos from an event to a few dozen people living no more that 65 miles from me, all in the same zip code. Some of them arrived the next day, yet others were over six weeks arriving. Obviously I had some confused clients.

post #65055 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Happy Walnut Wednesday.


And a Happy walnut Wednesday to all, too!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...